Shopping Discussion

First time buyer on AliExpress, any general tips/suggestions?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 9th, 2021 3:18 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
2608 posts
1329 upvotes
Toronto

First time buyer on AliExpress, any general tips/suggestions?

I wanted to initially buy these
Given that there's a lot of praise and 18 pages worth of people talking about it here
aliexpress-kb-ear-ks1-high-value-wired- ... d-2459121/

Are there any other deals or things I should get? Anything I should be aware of? Or are there any good guides? Or perhaps certain months where it's better to make a purchase? Or any deals/coupon code to look out for?

Also could someone explain the math to me? I just wanted to make use of the new user bonus but it's jacking up the price quite a bit
12.47 + 4.88 = 17.35 and yet it comes up to be something else. I only have those 2 items selected.
Images
  • Opera Snapshot_2021-09-08_191118_shoppingcart.aliexpress.com.png
  • Opera Snapshot_2021-09-08_191443_shoppingcart.aliexpress.com.png
3 replies
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20665 posts
6087 upvotes
GTA
Coupons are weird, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't, sometimes they change value.

I treat it like ebay, low value goods that most likely do not have any after purchase support. Shipping can vary 2-4 weeks.
Jan 15, 2018
36 posts
17 upvotes
Aliexpress has been really bad lately. I've used "welcome back" coupons, waited for the item, then found out it was returned to sender. Sender promised to re-send, but didn't. I had to open a dispute to get my money back, and the coupon was non-refundable. Keep an eye on your shipping deadline in your "Manage Orders" section. If you're down to 2-3 days, open a dispute.

You need to check off the .01 cent item in the first photo to see your correct total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
2608 posts
1329 upvotes
Toronto
Thank you for the warning. Also I did check it off in the second photo but the numbers aren't adding up