Shopping Discussion

First time buyer on AliExpress, any general tips/suggestions?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 9th, 2021 3:18 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
2413 posts
1112 upvotes
Toronto

First time buyer on AliExpress, any general tips/suggestions?

I wanted to initially buy these
Given that there's a lot of praise and 18 pages worth of people talking about it here
aliexpress-kb-ear-ks1-high-value-wired- ... d-2459121/

Are there any other deals or things I should get? Anything I should be aware of? Or are there any good guides? Or perhaps certain months where it's better to make a purchase? Or any deals/coupon code to look out for?

Also could someone explain the math to me? I just wanted to make use of the new user bonus but it's jacking up the price quite a bit
12.47 + 4.88 = 17.35 and yet it comes up to be something else. I only have those 2 items selected.
Images
  • Opera Snapshot_2021-09-08_191118_shoppingcart.aliexpress.com.png
  • Opera Snapshot_2021-09-08_191443_shoppingcart.aliexpress.com.png
3 replies
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20269 posts
5730 upvotes
GTA
Coupons are weird, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't, sometimes they change value.

I treat it like ebay, low value goods that most likely do not have any after purchase support. Shipping can vary 2-4 weeks.
Jan 15, 2018
17 posts
6 upvotes
Aliexpress has been really bad lately. I've used "welcome back" coupons, waited for the item, then found out it was returned to sender. Sender promised to re-send, but didn't. I had to open a dispute to get my money back, and the coupon was non-refundable. Keep an eye on your shipping deadline in your "Manage Orders" section. If you're down to 2-3 days, open a dispute.

You need to check off the .01 cent item in the first photo to see your correct total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
2413 posts
1112 upvotes
Toronto
Thank you for the warning. Also I did check it off in the second photo but the numbers aren't adding up