Real Estate

First time home buyer in Durham

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2021 9:21 am
[OP]
Jan 30, 2019
11 posts

First time home buyer in Durham

I am first time home buyer and looking for something in Durham in the range of 500K

What are some of the things we should and shouldn't be doing? How can we find good realtor and broker and what are the red flags we should look at?

Specially these days when housing market is hot hot.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2006
2003 posts
399 upvotes
Markham
pandorica101 wrote: I am first time home buyer and looking for something in Durham in the range of 500K

What are some of the things we should and shouldn't be doing? How can we find good realtor and broker and what are the red flags we should look at?

What type of property are you looking for? Even condo towns are in the high 500's (as of last week) and are hitting the 600's now. I'm talking about 40yr old properties. Be ready to compete with 20 or more offers/bids on each property and firm offers. Do you have your mortgage approval/pre-approval complete?
Jay Rana |
Sales Representative, CENTURY 21 Titans Realty Inc. Brokerage
Deal Guru
Feb 22, 2011
10156 posts
12572 upvotes
Toronto
pandorica101 wrote: I am first time home buyer and looking for something in Durham in the range of 500K

Look at housesigma.com to see sold prices.

At that price range I think you only really have three options. Condo town in North Oshawa, detached in South Oshawa or a small condo in a few pockets of durham.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2019
1126 posts
1535 upvotes
Stouffville ON
Yes, look at housesigma for sold prices to get an idea of what your budget can get you, going east even Bowmanville and Newcastle will not offer much choices, if you are willing to explore other areas Barrie and Orillia would give you a bit more options on the north.
Full Time and Full Service Realtor