• Last Updated:
  • Jul 23rd, 2020 10:38 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2011
2128 posts
749 upvotes

Fishing spot west gta

Anyone can suggest me a spot for fishing in West that, Oakville Burlington etc.
Totally beginner, using lure from the fishing beginner kit, may change to use live bait if needed. But where to buy live bait , I am not sure.
<signature removed>
3 replies
Mar 14, 2013
699 posts
800 upvotes
Toronto
Look on google for rivers and other smaller bodies of water. Places with docks and shores, small ponds, etc. Best way to learn is to figure out spots and what to look for for fish! Just keep trying out spots that you find.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
9472 posts
1606 upvotes
I used to live in Oakville a few yrs back. Sixteen mile creek has some sections on the river that can hold some decent fish. My GF and I used to pack up food for the day and just wonder and fish random spots... it's quite nice and there is usually hardly any people around. Some areas can be a bit dangerous so be careful. It's very nice walk and a nice area to enjoy the day. I've caught a few decent bass there, bunch of catfish... even a trout a couple times, this was over 9-10yrs ago.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
26700 posts
5821 upvotes
What are you hoping to catch? If you're happy to just catch some small perch, go to any dock and drop in a worm.
If you want to catch something you can take home and eat, then you need to make sure the lake you're fishing in has that species and you will need to determine the proper depth to fish.

Are you using a boat or shore fishing? If shore fishing, it's definitely tougher. You can't always get to the depths or areas that you need, but again, that depends on what you're fishing.

Rather than ask for general advice, figure out what lakes are close to you, then find out what's in them. Once you know what's in them, figure out the methods for catching them. Google, youtube or asking here will give you the info you need to at least get started.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)