FIT505 Power Rack back in stock with promo price

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2017 12:36 pm
56 replies
Oct 22, 2012
244 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
If only I had room inside my house... or could afford building a garage for a home gym
Oct 20, 2009
476 posts
141 upvotes
Calgary
Still showing $229 for me.
Jun 15, 2013
201 posts
53 upvotes
I wish this didn't cost $170 to ship or else I would grab it for sure
Feel free to add me on Linkedin if you want to CONNECT
Oct 20, 2009
476 posts
141 upvotes
Calgary
jreye012 wrote: I wish this didn't cost $170 to ship or else I would grab it for sure
Where you shipping to? I'm in Calgary and shipping quote for me was $73 UPS Standard.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2004
4422 posts
3390 upvotes
Ottawa
Very tempting. This rack any good?
Jun 15, 2013
201 posts
53 upvotes
80085 wrote: Where you shipping to? I'm in Calgary and shipping quote for me was $73 UPS Standard.
Calgary. Mine says 170 :(

edit: nm I guess it is 73 or 82 with the dip bar
Feel free to add me on Linkedin if you want to CONNECT
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2004
4422 posts
3390 upvotes
Ottawa
jreye012 wrote: Calgary. Mine says 170 :(
Yah mine is $100 to Ottawa. Too bad.
Oct 20, 2009
476 posts
141 upvotes
Calgary
jreye012 wrote: Calgary. Mine says 170 :(
Hey PM me if you want a different shipping address. Don't mind helping a fellow RFD'er out. I'm up in Coventry Hills.
Jun 18, 2015
312 posts
227 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Konowl wrote: Very tempting. This rack any good?
I'm actually pretty upset about this deal ! I've been scouring Kijiji and various online and local retailers trying to find the best bang for my buck..........but I pulled the trigger yesterday on a very nice Powertec rack. It cost over $750.....but I would have easily taken this rack for the much cheaper price. ($73 shipping for me in Winnnipeg)

I didn't bother to look up the specs on the guage of steel being used, but it definitely looks like a VERY Good deal for the price. One thing I noticed with some of the cheap racks (AMStaff), their cheap-o one has on of the cross-beams right below your feet where you would un-rack the bar from. It would be a huge pain when you un-racked a heavy weight......however, this rack has that bar recessed like it should be.

Honestly.....you could buy this rack and resell it for profit if you wanted to.

If height is a concern...you could probably take off an inch or so by mounting the chinup bar upside down....Would still work if you're short. FWIW, I'm a competitive powerlifter and I'd very likely buy this if I hadn't bought mine literally yesterday !

(I'm so choked about this lol !)
Feb 2, 2015
84 posts
53 upvotes
North York, ON
i have this rack from last years boxing day deal. this rack is awesome for its sale price. i had about 500lbs on this rack from rack pulls and it doesnt move an inch when dropping the weight. shame about the multigrip handle, they didnt have that offer last year but i might get the dip bar option. looks solid
Mar 9, 2016
23 posts
2 upvotes
Brampton
Picked one up last year as well, free pickup at the Markham warehouse. Easy to assemble, no issues other than some metal shavings that were inside the poles (pretty easy to remove with a pair of long pliers). Overall I'm pretty satisfied for the price I paid.

I also actually prefer the straight bar, better for pull-ups, muscle ups and dips.