• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2020 2:52 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2019
1120 posts
370 upvotes

Fitbit Charge 3 for $150 or Fitbit Inspire HR for $100

Basically all the retailers right now have the Fitbit Charge 3 for $150 and the Fitbit Inspire HR for $100.

Which is the better buy?

There are some reviews online but those are all at various price points. I'm interested in this set of price points right now.

It seems like the Charge has better battery life (7 vs 4 days) while the Inspire HR is lighter and less intrusive.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2019
1135 posts
1380 upvotes
Did similar comparison for my spouse today. One another difference is that Charge 3 is touchscreen while inspire HR is not.
😎
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2019
1135 posts
1380 upvotes
Inspire HR since it was cheaper.
😎
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2006
5086 posts
2081 upvotes
Vancouver
Received an Inspire HR for Xmas gift. I only use it for tracking steps, sleep quality, and logging weight.

If it did not work well logging data to the mobile app I would not get another as it is difficult to read. The main display has large sort of easy to read numerals for the time of day but teeny numbers for calories burned, steps and heart rate. The secondary screen, reached by flicking the touch enabled screen, has this huge beating heart graphic but again tiny numbers to show the heart rate. Unreadable most of the time at a glance if you are running or biking and use glasses that are either bifocal or progresssive.

When I workout I use a Polar H7 chest strap - the strap definitely tracks heart rate quicker and more accurately though the Inspire HR is fairly accurate most of the time. Make sure it is on snugly.

I have both devices set up to sync to the ad supported (free!) version of MyFitnessPal which I use to track calories ingested versus my daily calorie budget. The calories recorded by the Polar H7 and Inspire HR then automatically get added to the daily totals so I can see when I have some bonus calories in order to have a treat.

I considered upgrading my "gift" to the Charge 3 as the O2 sensor intrigued me and it appears the screen is more legible than the Inspire HR. However I read a number of complaints with Charge 3's failing within a month as did their replacement units.

PS... I get 5 to 7 days before having to recharge. I have Notifications enabled but seldom notice it when it alerts so maybe it is not receiving them from my phone. Recharges to 100% within 90 to 120 minutes.

Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1156 posts
2118 upvotes
Ontario
Wife is on her third Charge 3 warranty replacement, dad is on his second, and an aunt of mine is also on her second. Someone tell me reliability across the board isn't as bad as it has been among our family who all bought them? I can't recommend Fitbit to anyone after how awful these ones have been. Wife has since changed to the Fossil Sport after that good sale price recently.