May 24, 2019
88 posts
184 upvotes

Fitbit Charge 3 Fitness Tracker for $130

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
$30
Fitibt charge 3 available for $130 right now. Even though charge 4 s out now this is still a better deal. Stack Sport check coupon to get extra 10% off. Available for same price at Staples too, if anyone has a discount code, please share. :)

Staples Link:
Black: https://www.staples.ca/products/2911231 ... 9gmbk-cala
Blue: https://www.staples.ca/products/2911232 ... 9rggy-cala

Update: Can't apply email sign up coupon on SportChek.
One or more items do not qualify for this offer. Brand restrictions include: Apple, Arc'Teryx, Brooks, Fitbit, Garmin, GoPro, Wuxly, Yeti & other select brands
12 replies
Nov 23, 2004
783 posts
1389 upvotes
Ontario
Are these any less junk than they were when they came out? When the Charge 3 was released I know about a half dozen people who got them for Christmas, my wife included, and I can't think of a single person who hasn't had at least 1 warranty replacement already (my wife needed two), and most ended up just selling them and getting apple or android watches.

Not sure if the Google acquisition of Fitbit improved QA or not...
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1126 posts
1126 upvotes
mindabsence wrote: Are these any less junk than they were when they came out? When the Charge 3 was released I know about a half dozen people who got them for Christmas, my wife included, and I can't think of a single person who hasn't had at least 1 warranty replacement already (my wife needed two), and most ended up just selling them and getting apple or android watches.

Not sure if the Google acquisition of Fitbit improved QA or not...
I have the Charge 3. Band broke but I found a good replacement on Amazon. My altimeter is wonky and adds way more flights of stairs than I actually do, but otherwise it's holding up.

The Google acquisition hasn't gone through yet, so don't expect to see any impact from that for years. Any future models coming out are still designed by Fitbit.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
2553 posts
1584 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
Please be aware that Fitbit batteries cannot be changed. Once the unit dies (typically two years) you throw it out UNLESS things have changed in the last few months. I had to throw out a couple of these devices, just after the 1 year warranty expired.
Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest, Friendliest & Most Haunted town in Canada
Support local small business
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
2521 posts
906 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks Op.. got one for the wife for Mothers day... Wife still using orginal v1 Charge... Agree the bands are usually the first to go.. replaced once under warranty and twice on amazon..
Battery? its 2019 all phone batteries today cannot be changed... and the v1 Charge still works.. just looks worn out and the charge socket is finiky. so time for an upgrade ..

I guess I'll have to quit teasing her with "What does your random # generator say" now that I willingly bought her a replacement. :)
[OP]
May 24, 2019
88 posts
184 upvotes
But isn't that the case with most fitness bands?
I am buying this as a replacement for my MIO Slice which worker pretty solid until its band broke and now it goes to trash.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1126 posts
1126 upvotes
Anything with a battery will wear out, just too bad you can't replace it. And wearing something 24/7 for 2 years will definitely wear out. My Fitbit goes through summers, winters, showers, swimming, sleeping, sports, getting caught on or hitting things...
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10775 posts
5076 upvotes
My wife has a charge 2 and 6 months in it stopped syncing and no matter what was done it wouldnt they did warranty on it,2nd one last 30 days and then battery would not hold a charge.You would charge it and then an hour after it was off charger it would be down to 20% so another warranty claim.3rd watch shes on now has been another 6 months but the battery on it is starting to go as now a full charge lasts her 2 days.

Now on this charge 3 thats posted i purchased her one around christmas when we were away on vaca as i found a good deal in the states and 14 days in she had charging issues haha,the place we bought it from let us ship it back to them they checked it out and deemed it was infact a dud and refunded us at least.

So i would say get something different.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
SIMPLii !!
Buy first think later!
Feb 1, 2010
575 posts
91 upvotes
Display faded after 14 months....it still sync with the phone and battery is alright....but definitely won't buy again.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
1166 posts
1762 upvotes
Just so EVERYONE knows before they buy a Fit Bit. Here is the apps permissions needed. I signed up on the Fit Bit forums and asked why they needed access to so much private information. They kicked me and banned me from their site. LOL

This app has access to:

Contacts

read your contacts <--- WHY?
find accounts on the device
Device & app history
retrieve running apps

SMS

receive text messages (SMS)
send SMS messages
Microphone
record audio

Storage

read the contents of your USB storage
modify or delete the contents of your USB storage

approximate location (network-based)
precise location (GPS and network-based)
Wi-Fi connection information
view Wi-Fi connections
Identity
find accounts on the device

Calendar

read calendar events plus confidential information
add or modify calendar events and send email to guests without owners' knowledge

Phone

directly call phone numbers
read phone status and identity
read call log
Photos/Media/Files
read the contents of your USB storage
modify or delete the contents of your USB storage

Camera

take pictures and videos
Device ID & call information
read phone status and identity

Other

download files without notification
receive data from Internet
full network access
send sticky broadcast
control vibration
change your audio settings
prevent device from sleeping
read Google service configuration
view network connections
pair with Bluetooth devices
access Bluetooth settings
run at startup
control Near Field Communication
$50 15GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Rogers
$22.99 1GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Talk/Text Canada - Public Mobile
$0.00 a month w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk / $9.99 6 months texting (FREE using Google Rewards) - Fongo Mobile App
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2003
9650 posts
1740 upvotes
Vancouver
freetrade wrote: Display faded after 14 months....it still sync with the phone and battery is alright....but definitely won't buy again.
That's mine. Around 17 months for me. Fine indoors, useless outdoors. Currently have an extended warranty claim filed on my credit card.
Feb 3, 2010
217 posts
161 upvotes
TLSRULZ wrote: Thanks Op.. got one for the wife for Mothers day... Wife still using orginal v1 Charge... Agree the bands are usually the first to go.. replaced once under warranty and twice on amazon..
Battery? its 2019 all phone batteries today cannot be changed... and the v1 Charge still works.. just looks worn out and the charge socket is finiky. so time for an upgrade ..

I guess I'll have to quit teasing her with "What does your random # generator say" now that I willingly bought her a replacement. :)
Exactly, my v1 still works
Feb 1, 2010
575 posts
91 upvotes
1226 wrote: That's mine. Around 17 months for me. Fine indoors, useless outdoors. Currently have an extended warranty claim filed on my credit card.
Son of a.... You're right I completely forgot about that! How does one take advantage of those? Just submit a claim n they'll get back to you? I'll have to check which one of my cards I bought it with.

Also do they replace it/pay for a new one or you get some money that you can use to buy whatever?

EDIT: Nvm, the card I bought it with at the time doesn't have extended warranty (stupid I know) welp, cest la vie!