Expired Hot Deals

[Fitness Avenue] AmStaff Fitness TP032E Power / Squat Rack

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2020 9:53 am
Apr 9, 2018
106 posts
25 upvotes
GTA
Is Treadmill Factory better in terms of shipping?
Aug 21, 2013
179 posts
158 upvotes
Kitchener
User381589 wrote: Looking for a bench, pref adjustable. Any reccos?
Id look at tydax https://tydax.com/adjustable-bench
It seems to come in stock fairly regularly and they seem to have a pretty good reputation for quality. Their support team is also really quick to reply to any queries.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
1858 posts
537 upvotes
I don’t understand why they don’t do curbside pickup. There is no reason why they can’t resume that safely. Shipping kills a lot of their deals like bumper plates.
Jul 19, 2003
703 posts
88 upvotes
Markham
Can anyone else chime in on the shipping?

Ordered 10 business days ago.
Jul 19, 2003
703 posts
88 upvotes
Markham
agentf wrote: I had a crummy experience with Fitness Ave's Customer Service. It took over a month and a half to ship the items i Ordered. A month in I contacted them to cancel the order they got back to me 2 weeks later and said opps sorry it shipped. Then the products came missing pieces and it took them weeks to get back to me again.
Was this in Ontario?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1752 posts
3586 upvotes
Markham
KevlarCoated wrote: That's much faster than my rogue shipment which took 11 weeks (after the 4 week build time) and was lost by UPS twice in the process
Ouch that sucks. I think usually they're much better, I ordered some plates on Saturday and they're all arriving tomorrow.
Dec 30, 2008
21 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver
morpheiz wrote: Can anyone else chime in on the shipping?

Ordered 10 business days ago.
I purchased the cheaper DF-1161A model back in mid-August. It only took a few days to ship to BC but I guess it was easier to move goods in the Summer. Came in two packages, heavy AF
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1752 posts
3586 upvotes
Markham
Enzolor wrote: I purchased the cheaper DF-1161A model back in mid-August. It only took a few days to ship to BC but I guess it was easier to move goods in the Summer. Came in two packages, heavy AF
How do you like it? Can you fit plates on the rack? There was a review that said it was very slightly too small for standard bumper plates.
Apr 17, 2015
445 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Enzolor wrote: I purchased the cheaper DF-1161A model back in mid-August. It only took a few days to ship to BC but I guess it was easier to move goods in the Summer. Came in two packages, heavy AF
Was eyeing that and the half rack as well. Half rack won the favor of the partner but it's been backordered.
Jul 19, 2003
703 posts
88 upvotes
Markham
Thanks. I emailed them.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
1858 posts
537 upvotes
I ordered an item that was “in stock” 3 weeks ago (in Ontario). They hadn’t shipped it out. Cancelled it and bought it on Kijiji for $300 cheaper than their increased price and outrageous shipping costs.
Dec 30, 2008
21 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver
Dave510 wrote: How do you like it? Can you fit plates on the rack? There was a review that said it was very slightly too small for standard bumper plates.
I don't bother with the built-in weight storage... pretty useless especially if you need to place the rack right up against the wall.

Overall, I'm very happy with the rack although you can tell they rushed the manufacturing to meet demand. It's a bit rough around the edges. But it's mostly a cosmetic thing.. it functions as needed.

Note to all the assemblers.. it's 11 gauge steel (or 12 can't remember). It's solid and sturdy enough for weight bearing, but be careful when you tighten the nuts/bolts. The metal will definitely bend if you over tighten. I made that mistake and can see some slight imprints on the posts. Again, mostly a costmetic thing (I hope)

TIP: I also purchased some strong magnetic hooks off Amazon for hanging up the collars, resistance bands, handles, etc. Overall works great!
Jul 2, 2014
459 posts
151 upvotes
Maple, ON
User381589 wrote: Looking for a bench, pref adjustable. Any reccos?
Check out northern lights FID bench. I used to have one before I sold it. Or anything similar to that quality and thickness of metal. I bought a couple of used 100-150 dollar benches recently because I was cheap. They work as long as you aren't going heavy AF but those cheap adjustable ones wiggle left and right. It bothers me a lot but I mean, it'll do for now. I have no weights to load up on the bench anyways because all the dumbbells are always sold out everywhere.

Even the padding feels cheap. It compresses quite a bit and the stitching loosens over time.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that I also picked up one of AmTsaffs cheap adjustable benches. I think it was one of the 150 dollar benches. I returned it. It also doesn't inspire a lot of confidence for heavy weights. It also wiggles left and right and the whole bench itself u can pick up with one arm.