[Fitness Avenue] AmStaff Fitness TP032E Power / Squat Rack

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2020 9:53 am
Deal Addict
May 13, 2011
1227 posts
662 upvotes
Ajax
Lumber-jack wrote: Have you considered Bells of Steel? https://www.bellsofsteel.com/strength-e ... wer-racks/
  • Canadian company out of Calgary. Racks are currently OOS but will have another presale soon.
  • I purchased the Brute 2.1 and very happy with the purchase and glad I didn't get a cheaper rack. 11 gauge steel, 4 post doesn't move unbolted weight about 230 lbs
  • Flat cross bar works much better for home use IMO. I also didn't mount the two side crossbars at the top and brought down 2 holes so my head has clearance when doing chin-ups as I am not tall.
  • Check out YouTube reviews. I looked at Fitness Avenue and Treadmill Factory beforehand and they are all manufactured in China (including BoS).
  • Shipping is pretty much the same no matter where you purchase using carriers. Once it gets too large you are paying freight shipping starting at approx $150
I’m looking at getting this as well. I’m 210lbs. My concern is whether this needs to be bolted? Also can I get a land mine attachment for it? Did you purchase any other upgrades to go with it?
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2018
1143 posts
775 upvotes
How is this still in stock. All backorder from china?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1868 posts
3961 upvotes
Markham
Lumber-jack wrote: Have you considered Bells of Steel? https://www.bellsofsteel.com/strength-e ... wer-racks/
  • Canadian company out of Calgary. Racks are currently OOS but will have another presale soon.
  • I purchased the Brute 2.1 and very happy with the purchase and glad I didn't get a cheaper rack. 11 gauge steel, 4 post doesn't move unbolted weight about 230 lbs
  • Flat cross bar works much better for home use IMO. I also didn't mount the two side crossbars at the top and brought down 2 holes so my head has clearance when doing chin-ups as I am not tall.
  • Check out YouTube reviews. I looked at Fitness Avenue and Treadmill Factory beforehand and they are all manufactured in China (including BoS).
  • Shipping is pretty much the same no matter where you purchase using carriers. Once it gets too large you are paying freight shipping starting at approx $150
Bells of Steel would be top of list if they weren't backordered for 2+ months. If you factor in the cost of waiting (e.g. 2+ months of gym membership), I would rather just pay more to get something I can use right now.
Aug 2, 2007
83 posts
9 upvotes
I went with Bells of Steel as well mainly because of expandability.
I figured I wouldn't be going back to the gym once I started my garage gym setup.
Yes, it's important to have stock. But for me, I wanted to be able to expand. I did have to wait a little longer but I finally got mine back in September.
I got their Residential rack with lat attachments and cable cross over.
Plan on getting landmine attachment and lever arms when they go back in stock.
And the best part about BoS allows for monthly payments through paybright.
Images
  • Cable-Crossover.jpg
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2010
1912 posts
335 upvotes
Ottawa
We are in the middle of a pandemic with things getting worse. Nothing is in stock anywhere in North America, if it is there is probably a good reason why it was passed up by everyone as far as I am concerned. Everything is purchased preorder or bought up as soon as it hits the shelves. Bells of Steel was the best value equipment Canadians can get their hands on IMO. I have a US address but cannot cross the border to get Rogue, Titan or Sorinex stuff which is all more expensive than BoS without self-isolating for 14 days. A little planning and research will pay off in the long run as anything you get now will be subpar or too expensive and nullify any cost or time savings in your workout - 2 months is nothing compared to us going on 1 year of the pandemic with no end in sight for at least another year with lock downs immanent this winter in Canada again. My gym setup is better for me than my previous work gym that I have no intention of returning to now.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you want to feel smart - get stupid freinds...
Dec 27, 2013
318 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
Mrrfdxyz wrote: How is this still in stock. All backorder from china?
Its out of stock and backordered. The AmStaff stuff has had decent reviews.

I'm assuming as someone mentioned above they continually get some stock as it is manufactured in China and then it goes out of stock shortly thereafter.

The SD360 was also in stock for about a week before going on backorder. Height of that didn't work for my place.

The Balls of Steel stuff looks nice, but no weight stack option which is what I'm looking for.