Fitness and Nutrition

Fitness Centres may open Starting May 19th (BC)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 14th, 2020 9:50 pm
Deal Addict
May 31, 2008
1357 posts
946 upvotes
Toronto
Im sure GL will do a o.k job- but the reality is that there is a reason why Gyms are one of the very last things to open and one of the first to close for those going through their second wave.

The reality is that heavy breathing and relying on people to be personally responsible and not be asymptomatic (people who don't show symptoms) is a tough sell.

From the email GL just sent, it seems to be giving the impression that they are opening soon in Ontario - and that would allow for freezing of memberships for about 90 days from the time the gym opens.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2008
1047 posts
283 upvotes
Ottawa
Can anyone who has been to one of the locations that have opened comment on the experience?
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
4983 posts
6498 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
Jenny1975 wrote: Can anyone who has been to one of the locations that have opened comment on the experience?
Not my gym. Friend shared this with me
Images
  • 20200709_162132.jpg
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2008
1047 posts
283 upvotes
Ottawa
chilli604 wrote: Not my gym. Friend shared this with me
Okay, so somebody worked out who has the virus. Something similar could have occurred at a restaurant, grocery store, or anywhere really. My question was more around the workout experience. :)
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
4983 posts
6498 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
Jenny1975 wrote: Okay, so somebody worked out who has the virus. Something similar could have occurred at a restaurant, grocery store, or anywhere really. My question was more around the workout experience. :)
Fair enough. My baddddd
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2013
1331 posts
809 upvotes
So that location possibly exposed its members with Covid just days after reopening even with all the precautionary measures.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 9, 2007
14727 posts
10862 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Where did you get your source from?
n0thing wrote: So that location possibly exposed its members with Covid just days after reopening even with all the precautionary measures.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Sr. Member
Apr 24, 2013
707 posts
419 upvotes
Waterloo
Gyms are given the green light to open on Friday, some regions excluded. Yeaaaay
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2013
1331 posts
809 upvotes
Received email from GL reopening in Ontario, mentioning how pre authorized payment will resume and can be frozen if desired. But how about those that've already paid for the year?
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2008
1047 posts
283 upvotes
Ottawa
n0thing wrote: Received email from GL reopening in Ontario, mentioning how pre authorized payment will resume and can be frozen if desired. But how about those that've already paid for the year?
If you log in to your account, you should see that the expiry date has been extended. For example, mine went from Oct XX, 2020 to March YY, 2021.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2013
1331 posts
809 upvotes
Jenny1975 wrote: If you log in to your account, you should see that the expiry date has been extended. For example, mine went from Oct XX, 2020 to March YY, 2021.
Mine is extended by four months. I don't see any option to cancel/refund, so I'll probably put it on pause for now.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)