Apr 2, 2007
2141 posts
774 upvotes

[Fitness Depot] Powerblocks at Fitness Depot

Price:
Retailer:
Fitness Depot
More offers from Fitness Depot
Just a heads up Fitness Depots have been getting shipments of Powerblocks. Not a deal but first shipments I’ve seen to Canada in months/this year.

Urethane pro, sport pro, sport exp and expansion sets all available. Check the website for which ones have stock. I know urethane are 699 for base and 299 for expansion.

I know Oakville and Kitchener have stock today.
118 replies
Dec 25, 2007
510 posts
385 upvotes
CALGARY
I called the store in Calgary and they don't have anything yet. They didn't think they were getting any this year.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3436 posts
1481 upvotes
Vancouver
Son of a........ I dragged my feet for weeks but finally bit the bullet and ordered a pair off of ebay two days ago!! Angry FaceAngry FaceAngry Face

Got BNIB Sport EXP Stage 1 for ~$730 CAD all-in (shipped, customs). At $550 + tax (12% in BC, so $616) I overpaid by +/- $100, so life could be worse I guess. Some of the pricing I saw there and Facebook Marketplace was egregious. Worse, some were the knock-offs being passed-off as PowerBlocks!

For GVR, looks like Burnaby's the store to get them. Thanks OP.
Dec 10, 2014
881 posts
715 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I also pulled the trigger on ebay literally yesterday ugh. Overpaid about $100 for the elite exps but could have gotten the urethane ones immediately instead of waiting probably 2 to 3 weeks for them now. Still thinking of getting the urethane ones too now that they are available lol, talk about bad luck
Nov 17, 2014
49 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ugh, just ordered from the US last week.

Last time fitness depot had them in stock they didn't respond to my email. Just a heads up you probably want to email them on their 2 ecommerce emails and leave a phone message to make sure they get back to you before they sell out.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3436 posts
1481 upvotes
Vancouver
Group hug, guys.......
download.jpg
Aug 24, 2017
101 posts
176 upvotes
Im assuming there is a difference between these and the bowflex 552 set?
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
7266 posts
1313 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
I've been trying to get the Pro Urethane 70-90lbs expansion but it doesn't seem like they have those in stock
Steam: SpectralMeat
Nov 11, 2014
13 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Does anyone know how accurate their online inventory tracker is? No luck in getting a hold on them on the phone.
Nov 11, 2014
13 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just a fyi to guys who are trying to contact them via email. This is the response I got (they don't even sell the powerblocks individually)

We do have PowerBlocks in stock but they are only sold as the following sets;

-PowerBlocks Sport Exp Set 90 Lbs. It is $1,073.09 (this already includes tax)

-PowerBlock PRO Exp Set 90 Lbs + PowerBlock Curl Bar ($1581.46 already includes tax)

-PowerBlock PRO Exp Set 90 Lbs + PowerBlock Straight Bar ($1581.46 already includes tax)

-PowerBlock Pro Exp 90 Lbs + PowerBlock Straight + Curl Bar ($1,807.32 already includes tax)
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3436 posts
1481 upvotes
Vancouver
Pkmangg wrote: Im assuming there is a difference between these and the bowflex 552 set?
It's really build quality vs price. The concern with the Bowflex is the adjustment mechanism (I've heard stories where it can be difficult to turn after a while or just seize-up rendering them useless) and the liberal use of plastic, particularly in fairly important points of the locking mechanism. If you search the forums here you'll see posts about the dumbbells failing mid-use. Fortunately I don't recall reading about anyone having a weight drop on their heads yet, but that seemed more about luck than anything (or anyone having had one klonk them on the head wouldn't be lucid enough to post on RFD, haha).

PowerBlocks are generally gold-standard for quick adjustable weights (Ironmaster as well but they're even more expensive). They're used in most commercial gyms and have a strong reputation for reliability. Warranty's been reduced down to 5yrs and it's mostly MIC now so we'll see if the quality is up to snuff, but historically they've been solid. I've used them in my gym and I guess I'm used to them. If you get the EXP type dumbbells, you can buy 'stages' (Stage 1 is the standard 5-50lb base set; Stage 2 is an add-on to bring it up to 70lbs; Stage 3 is a further add-on to bring it up to 90lbs). The Bowflex are fixed at 52lbs I believe.

I was very tempted to buy the 552s from Costco since the stand was included, but ultimately shied away from it. Costco warranty is great for the adjustment mechanism issue, but they can't refund my grey matter if it falls on my head! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Last edited by Bishop8 on Nov 9th, 2020 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3436 posts
1481 upvotes
Vancouver
KevSti wrote: Just a fyi to guys who are trying to contact them via email. This is the response I got (they don't even sell the powerblocks individually)

-PowerBlock PRO Exp Set 90 Lbs + PowerBlock Curl Bar ($1581.46 already includes tax)

-PowerBlock PRO Exp Set 90 Lbs + PowerBlock Straight Bar ($1581.46 already includes tax)

-PowerBlock Pro Exp 90 Lbs + PowerBlock Straight + Curl Bar ($1,807.32 already includes tax)
Actually this makes me feel better, thanks! At most I was going to get a Stage 2, so I wouldn't want to be railroaded into getting more than I needed.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3561 posts
5005 upvotes
BC
Pkmangg wrote: Im assuming there is a difference between these and the bowflex 552 set?
They're more expensive but have better build quality and aren't as massive.

Nov 17, 2014
49 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto, ON
peakingduck wrote: They're more expensive but have better build quality and aren't as massive.

It really can't be overstated how massive the bowflex are. In the reviews I've seen some of the bowflex knockoff brands are actually better because they use the same mechanism but it's all metal.

That said, the bowflex is going to be the cheapest adjustable dumbbell right now if you can get it from costco.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
2141 posts
774 upvotes
KevSti wrote: Just a fyi to guys who are trying to contact them via email. This is the response I got (they don't even sell the powerblocks individually)

Depending on location they only make you get the blocks and one expansion set. Oakville priced me at urethane pro set and 70lb expansion. YMMV
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
2141 posts
774 upvotes
Wintergreen wrote: Ugh, just ordered from the US last week.

Last time fitness depot had them in stock they didn't respond to my email. Just a heads up you probably want to email them on their 2 ecommerce emails and leave a phone message to make sure they get back to you before they sell out.
I would go in person. I had no luck with phone, and email was 2 days later. Friend of mine happened to be there and sent me pictures so I rushed over.
Aug 10, 2001
860 posts
170 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I just called and emailed the burnaby and langley store. Langley didn't get any. Burnaby is sold out.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3436 posts
1481 upvotes
Vancouver
Out of curiosity, does anyone know the story behind the 2020 Elite version? They seem to be the model most available on eBay, yet I can't find them on PB's own website (only a reference on their USA Elite page that the two aren't compatible). I decided to get the Sport version because I couldn't find any more info on these, and now with Fitness Depot stock they don't even seem to carry them. Is it a one-off model or something?
Jan 8, 2010
165 posts
279 upvotes
Bishop8 wrote: Out of curiosity, does anyone know the story behind the 2020 Elite version? They seem to be the model most available on eBay, yet I can't find them on PB's own website (only a reference on their USA Elite page that the two aren't compatible). I decided to get the Sport version because I couldn't find any more info on these, and now with Fitness Depot stock they don't even seem to carry them. Is it a one-off model or something?
2020 Elite is sold through retailers. Haven't seen Elite in Canada but in the US they sell at Dick's Sporting Goods for example. The USA Elite is only sold through Powerblock.

Sport has an newer "open handle" design. Elite has a caged design where there are extra bars near the handle for wrist support, but a lot people find this uncomfortable.