• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2013 2:22 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 15, 2012
141 posts
22 upvotes
Vancouver
actng wrote: door without frames? is this a ghetto apartment? or a new age modern apartment?

pics please?
Small bachelor apartment in a really nice part of town.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
16631 posts
3060 upvotes
GTA
jadefrog wrote: Small bachelor apartment in a really nice part of town.
even the bathroom? interesting.
Dec 4, 2010
21 posts
5 upvotes
iLLNESS wrote: why does no one else see the issue with supporting your body weight + a little bit more due to down force on door trim????
I have the exact one from fitness depot and at 250lbs I have had no issues with it. On a side note the olympic tricep bar is done to 48$ as well.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
16989 posts
1813 upvotes
Thornhill
Wow - cheap... I bought this a few years ago from Fitness Depot for $40 ~ $50.

Great bar.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7166 posts
2817 upvotes
Calgary
I have been wanting to get one of these but my husband keeps saying it will damage the trimmings. Thick head! :lol:
Oct 15, 2012
141 posts
22 upvotes
Vancouver
actng wrote: even the bathroom? interesting.
No door frame there. Shrug.
Dec 28, 2012
601 posts
426 upvotes
OTTAWA
Went to buy the foam roller at (499 Industrial Avenue Ottawa, ON K1G 0Z1 ) they had it priced at 19.99. I went to the cash and showed the sales rep the link online for 11.88. He and what looked liked the manager/franchise owner said that was the corporate site and that the website for that location is www.fitnessdepotottawa.com. I said that's a bit silly and very misleading, he agreed and gave me the foam roller for 15$ instead.

just a heads up
Mar 5, 2012
679 posts
372 upvotes
Canada
millsthrills wrote: Went to buy the foam roller at (499 Industrial Avenue Ottawa, ON K1G 0Z1 ) they had it priced at 19.99. I went to the cash and showed the sales rep the link online for 11.88. He and what looked liked the manager/franchise owner said that was the corporate site and that the website for that location is www.fitnessdepotottawa.com. I said that's a bit silly and very misleading, he agreed and gave me the foam roller for 15$ instead.

just a heads up
Just place order online and in-store pick up! :idea:
May 6, 2010
48 posts
6 upvotes
Anyone know if these kinds of pull-up bars require drilling holes in the wall usually? I picked one of these up today and it requires drilling holes to install a bracket for the bar.
Banned
Mar 30, 2011
2339 posts
1044 upvotes
Wazaloob wrote: Anyone know if these kinds of pull-up bars require drilling holes in the wall usually? I picked one of these up today and it requires drilling holes to install a bracket for the bar.
That is only optional.
Jan 2, 2009
736 posts
293 upvotes
Toronto
Just bought the last foam roller at the Kipling/401 location, they said they were sold out of the pull up bar though and should be getting more later in the week.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
1755 posts
352 upvotes
vintr wrote: Just bought the last foam roller at the Kipling/401 location, they said they were sold out of the pull up bar though and should be getting more later in the week.
Isn't the sale on only until Dec 31?
Jan 2, 2009
736 posts
293 upvotes
Toronto
bobor wrote: Isn't the sale on only until Dec 31?
No idea, that's just what they told me. I wasn't planning on going back so I didn't ask.
Jul 9, 2006
74 posts
8 upvotes
iLLNESS wrote: why does no one else see the issue with supporting your body weight + a little bit more due to down force on door trim????
A significant portion of the weight is distributed off the door trim by the bar on the other side of the door that presses horizontally into the door frame. I've used it for quite a while and no issues with it. However, make sure your door trim is not loose.

Re: grips deteriorating... that happened to me too, I just removed the grips
Jul 9, 2006
74 posts
8 upvotes
althetrainer wrote: I have been wanting to get one of these but my husband keeps saying it will damage the trimmings. Thick head! :lol:
I think at the very least there will be some depression into door frame from the horizontal bar - I wouldn't say that there will be NO damage whatsoever. Only use it on doors that you don't care about.
Dec 19, 2006
378 posts
146 upvotes
stephersiu wrote: I think at the very least there will be some depression into door frame from the horizontal bar - I wouldn't say that there will be NO damage whatsoever. Only use it on doors that you don't care about.
There will be depression into the door frame from the bar and some paint might come off. I use styrofoam so that the bar doesn't even touch the trim as seen in this vid and there's no damage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy64PpHcdwQ&t=1m7s
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
16631 posts
3060 upvotes
GTA
Wazaloob wrote: Anyone know if these kinds of pull-up bars require drilling holes in the wall usually? I picked one of these up today and it requires drilling holes to install a bracket for the bar.
the bracket must be some sort of improvement piece. mine never had a bracket and i don't think it is required. the way the thing is designed is if it sits on the frame properly, there is no way the bar will fall down, since when you pull down on it from the front, the bar acts as lever and causes the back piece to push IN to the wall, not down...

but if you do something stupid like pull down from the back of the bar the whole thing will come crashing down. but then even if you installed the bracket, that would happen too if you do something stupid like that.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19514 posts
12577 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Lots available in the Vancouver store!
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2009
1147 posts
148 upvotes
Ottawa
guy at Kanata store claims it's different from the one has in stock.
He said there is no way he can match website price as his cost more than that to even bring it in gave me the option to buy at $30.
Walked out.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)