875 upvotes
Edmonton
I wish the bigger size (95lb) was going for this price =(
Dec 20, 2007
58 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP,
It'll help with the KFC bucket I just had as a snack.

Side note: bench prices seem decent as well?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4333 posts
728 upvotes
Edmonton
I have tried these and haded them. Own power blocks now.

No matter what weight you have they handles are long. You need the stand to adjust the weights and some times it can be finicky. The stand breaks and you can’t change weights. The loads are not always balanced between top and bottom. The wider 90s handles are so huge it’s hard to do presses.

Just 2 cents.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1190 posts
692 upvotes
Max_Dealing wrote: I have tried these and haded them. Own power blocks now.

No matter what weight you have they handles are long. You need the stand to adjust the weights and some times it can be finicky. The stand breaks and you can’t change weights. The loads are not always balanced between top and bottom. The wider 90s handles are so huge it’s hard to do presses.

Just 2 cents.
I'm just echoing the same and totally agree with these comments. I also now own power blocks urethane. I find the locking mechanism on the Bowflex to be the weakest point on these dumbbells.
Jun 26, 2019
330 posts
810 upvotes
Press F if you missed Walmart's Pre-Black Friday $249 sale.

Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2004
2621 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto (Pasadena
For those that don't like the long handles of the 552, there's a no-name brand I found for $220-260 new (from GTA fitness shops listed on Kijiji).

They're only 44 lbs / 20 kg, and have odd weight increments, but otherwise seem great. They're almost a clone of the Core Fitness dumbells, where you twist the handle for a weight change instead of a knob, and they're 12" long (Bowflex is 16").

I guess time will tell if they're durable, but so far so good...
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2005
1507 posts
449 upvotes
Kitchener
I own these and they are awesome. Use them for P90X / various work out videos. No issues with the size of them, I'm 6' and can easily make them work even with upright rows.

Love being able to quickly change the weight. The 2.5lb increment is perfect. 5lb increments like on some other brands would not work with moves like tricep extensions and straight arms raises.

Strongly recommend a stand if you have a pair.
Jun 26, 2019
330 posts
810 upvotes
Mintmaster wrote: For those that don't like the long handles of the 552, there's a no-name brand I found for $220-260 new (from GTA fitness shops listed on Kijiji).

They're only 44 lbs / 20 kg, and have odd weight increments, but otherwise seem great. They're almost a clone of the Core Fitness dumbells, where you twist the handle for a weight change instead of a knob, and they're 12" long (Bowflex is 16").

I guess time will tell if they're durable, but so far so good...
This is the dumbbell the guy is selling. You can buy samples from Alibaba for $48 USD/each so around $130 CAD total.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 4da0CtlGed

EDIT: NVM, I asked and sample shipping two to Canada is $252 USD.
Last edited by dealzhuntr on Dec 5th, 2019 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2005
1540 posts
329 upvotes
Whitby
I've had my 552s for 12yrs and are still going strong. I did have a plate slip out once in the first year I had them. Not sure how that happened, but they've been rock solid ever since.
Oct 2, 2007
180 posts
67 upvotes
I just ordered a Bowflex bench from this Fitstartech and it's definitely counterfeit. The logos say "TM" instead of "R", the welds are weak, steel is cheaper, and the color of the metal is completely different. Beware.
Jan 5, 2021
1 posts
I ordered the Bowflex 1090 set. Got the items and they're not bad but 100% fake. I called Bowflex and confirmed this. They are missing holograms on the base units and there's plenty of obvious signs they're not legit. If you're desperate they'll work but don't expect warranty at all.