Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fizz.ca

Until July 15: $75 credit (usually $25) on Home Internet OR cellular service (Québec province and greater Ottawa region)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2021 11:34 am
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12742 posts
25705 upvotes
Montreal

Until July 15: $75 credit (usually $25) on Home Internet OR cellular service (Québec province and greater Ottawa region)

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Fizz.ca
Fizz is a subsidiary of Vidéotron and they offer a discount cellular service to residents of the province of Québec and the greater Ottawa region. They also offer Home Internet access within its territory in the Québec province and in some areas in Ontario like Clarence/Rockland, Alfred, Limoges, etc.

Once you are a Fizz subscriber, you get a referral code that you can share with a friend to use when they join Fizz. When that person makes her/his second monthly payment, you will both get a $75 credit.

That's a $75 credit EACH!

If you don't have someone's referral code, GET ONE BEFORE ORDERING your Home Internet installation to get the $75 credit.

DO NOT POST OR ASK FOR A REFERRAL CODE IN THIS THREAD.

THAT'S AGAINST RFD RULES.

Don’t just Google a referral code. That would be like sending money in your name to someone who just bought an ad on Google. That person didn't help you and contributed nothing to Red Flag Deals that helps you find deals. Be smart! Think… But don’t break RFD rules. How could you get a referral code? Uhmm… Thinking Face

Click here for more information about Fizz Home Internet access.
That will take you to post #2 of this thread.

Click here for more information about Fizz mobile service.
That will take you to post #3 of this thread.

Here is a link to a little guide I edited to register with Fizz Home Internet without missing the referral code box. It's similar if you want to register for mobile service. Please note that it does not contain any referral code.

Fizz Customer Support

Support is through the Web site only via chat, Messenger, email or contact forms. There are also two Community Forums: one in English and one in French. A contact form automatically opens a ticket. Give as much details as possible.

1) Email contactform@support.fizz.ca

2) Chat is available 24/7. Disable any ad-blocker.

Login your account;
Click on “Help”;
In “Popular topics” click on any subject;
Scroll down to the bottom of the page;
In the right corner the chat bubble will appear after 15 seconds;
If you see “login” at the top of your screen, you have to login again even if you have already logged-in and repeat the process;
If the bubble still doesn’t appear, try a few hours later;
Click on the bubble and type your question.

3) Facebook Messenger
https://www.messenger.com/t/fizzca
https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

4) Contact form
Login your account.
My profile > Contact forms > Submit a complaint

5) As a last resort, in case of emergency, like if your phone gets stolen, login your account and click My plans > Manage plan > Unsubscribe
You won’t be immediately unsubscribed but the bubble will appear.
Last edited by Temporel on Jul 4th, 2021 5:53 pm, edited 13 times in total.
33 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12742 posts
25705 upvotes
Montreal
Fizz Home Internet

In early 2019, Vidéotron launched a discount Internet service called FIZZ available in Vidéotron’s service area (Québec province and in some areas in Ontario like Clarence/Rockland, Alfred, Limoges, etc.)

It’s Vidéotron’s Home Internet with a discreet Fizz logo engraved on the modem. You even get a Vidéotron IP address. Technically, it’s a rock-solid product. The speed is constantly more than promised. There is no throttling at night when everybody streams Netflix all at once.

Monthly prices and Download/Upload speeds (Mbps)
$30 10/1.5
$38 15/10
$45 30/10
$50 60/10
$50 120/20 *** Promotion until July 15th ***
$75 200/30

The Bandwidth is UNLIMITED!

A Wi-Fi modem/router rental is included at no extra cost. It's a Hitron CODA-4680.

Auto-installation is FREE: a technician will bring your modem and verify that your cable connection works properly. All the instructions needed come with the modem and are clearly spelled out. VIP-installation is $30: complete installation and configuration by a technician. (Unnecessary)

You may cancel at any time, no contract, no strings attached. Just return the modem.

There’s no credit check since it's all pre-paid. Visa debit, Mastercard debit and pre-paid credit cards also work.

Customer support is digital only; you have to be at ease with the new ways of communicating like chat, Messenger, community forums, etc. With those means of communications, sometimes it takes a little longer to get understood and get satisfaction. To give better prices, Fizz employ customer support from overseas with employees for whom English or French is sometimes a second or third language with a basic understanding of what the product is. I don't mean this in a condescending way, just know what type of customer you are.

But the service is so solid that the odds are that you won't ever have to contact customer support.
Last edited by Temporel on Jul 4th, 2021 6:09 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12742 posts
25705 upvotes
Montreal
Fizz mobile service

In 2018, Vidéotron launched a new discount cellular service called Fizz available to residents of the province of Québec and the greater Ottawa region.

It’s on a quick LTE network; the same as Vidéotron's.

You can use your current phone or buy a new one from Fizz.

There’s no credit check since it's all pre-paid.

Credit cards, Visa debit, MasterCard debit and pre-paid credit cards also work.

There is no contract, you may cancel at any time, no strings attached.

Every month, unused data rolls over for the next 2 billing cycles. You can also "gift" unused data to other Fizz members or receive gifts from them.

If during a month you are short on data, you can ask for some on a Reddit data exchange here where people who have too much offer it.

A SIM card will cost you $10 and will be delivered by courier.

The pricing

You start with the mandatory minimum of $10: you get nothing! :)
(Fizz will hold your phone number for that price.)

Then you ADD what you want:
$3 Unlimited text messaging (incoming are free);
$7 Unlimited minutes;
$2 Voice mail;
$2 Canada coverage;
$10 Canada + USA coverage.

Select ONE amount of data (optional)

1 GB $6
4 GB $11
8 GB $16
11 GB $21
13 GB $26
15 GB $31
20 GB $46

Free stuff everyone gets: call display, call waiting, conference calling and call forwarding.

- - - - -

Is Fizz mobile right for me?

I'm a happy Fizz customer since early October 2018. It's a good product at a discounted price. When it launched, there were problems and there might still be minor issues going on that you most likely won’t even notice. To be happy with Fizz, you have to know which kind of customer you are before making the move. Fizz is not just Vidéotron cellular with a different sticker on it. You will benefit from being on a tested, proven reliable cellular network (Vidéotron's) but Fizz is a separate company with its own Customer Service, registration, billing, etc.

Here is the profile of someone for whom Fizz might be a bad idea:
- If you are used to just call someone in Montreal whenever there's the slightest problem and to have it fixed immediately;
- If you expect every little new marginal feature to work immediately and all the time;
- If you can't suffer any down time at all for any reason whatsoever because your wife is due any day now or you are a brain surgeon on call 24/7, maybe Fizz is not the right fit for you. :)

You have to be a bit tech savvy to go with Fizz, at ease with the new ways of communicating like chat, Messenger, community forums, etc. With those means of communications, sometimes it takes a little more time to get understood and get satisfaction. I don't mean this in a condescending way, just know who you are. If you plan to hook-up Grandma on Fizz and leave her on her own to register, order a SIM card, activate it, select a plan and deal with any potential problem, maybe that's not a good idea. Sorry Grandma - I know you could. :)

To offer lower prices, Fizz cuts costs by outsourcing its customer service overseas with employees for whom English or French is sometimes a second or third language with a basic understanding of what the product is. So if you encounter a difficulty along the way and need help from customer support, a little patience is going to be needed as it might take more time to get understood and get satisfaction than when you just make a phone call to a "local" Customer Support Representative from the legacy carriers that charge you big $$$.

Otherwise, it's a smooth ride towards a good product with big savings.

Every big company has thousands of dissatisfied customers that will complain in any given year. Just look at Bell or Rogers. But they also have hundreds of thousands of customers who are satisfied. Yet you don't hear from those customers. People for whom things go wrong tend to be vocal about it and post everywhere, loudly, while people for whom things go smoothly or aren't too demanding tend NOT to write about it.

The main advantages about Fizz, beside the low prices, are the monthly rolling over of unused data for the next two billing cycles and the "gifting" between Fizz's subscribers which permits you to select a monthly plan with less data than what you might subscribe for on another carrier. There is also the referral program which gets the "referrer" AND the "referree" a $75 credit EACH! (until July 15th, 2021.)

One last thing to consider: for many years, many people have complained that there's no real competition in the telecommunication industry with all the discount brands offering similar products at similar prices. Then comes along a new offering (Fizz) with more flexible options and lower prices. What did some people do? They used Fizz as leverage to get the same deal with their current provider instead of giving Fizz a chance. Nice! After so many years with your current provider, did they ever call you to offer you a cheaper deal? Why not vote with your feet! That's something to think about. Thinking Face

- - - - -

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

Disable any ad-blocker before registering or trying to reach Fizz by chat.

Can I have multiple phone numbers or lines in the same account?
Yes, that’s the easiest way, one account, one email address, one password. Or you could open multiple accounts to get multiple $25 referral credits. Get a referral code from “someone” ;-) to open your first account “A”. Then “A” refers “B” then “B” refers “C”, etc. It’s one referral code per account, not one referral code per SIM card.

Where are Fizz stores located?
With Fizz, everything is digital. There are no Fizz stores or kiosk in malls. You can not get a SIM card at a Vidéotron kiosk either. Fizz and Vidéotron are separate companies.

Can I customize my own plan?
There are preset plans on the Website or you can very easily customize your own with only the options you want.

Can I get this if I’m living in Toronto?
In theory, no. Fizz is intended for subscribers in the province of Québec and the greater Ottawa region. That’s the subscription zone. If you roam more than 50% of the time for 3 months in a row you risk disconnection.

Can I port in my number from Saskatchewan?
No, you can only port in a number from the province of Québec or the Ottawa region.

What are Fizz’s coverage zones?
Fizz is intended for subscribers from the province of Québec and the greater Ottawa region. That’s the subscription zone which is also the Québec coverage region. There’s the Canada coverage region which as the name indicates permits subscribers to use their phone anywhere in Canada. The Canada + USA coverage is the same deal but with obviously the USA included. You can receive phone calls/texts messages from anywhere in the World as long as you are within the coverage zone you selected for your plan.

What happens if I’m traveling outside Fizz’s network territory?
If you are in Canada, outside Fizz’s network territory, you will roam on Rogers, Bell or Telus. If you are in the USA, you will roam on AT&T or T-Mobile. Roaming is included without any other fee if you have the right coverage already included in your plan be it Canada or Canada + USA. Otherwise, you will be charged by the minute/per message/GB from the money you have already put in your Fizz wallet or you can buy an add-on.

Can I change my plan?
Yes. The change will take effect at the beginning of your next billing cycle. You can not make a change to your plan during he last 48 hours of your biling cycle.

Is an add-on considered a change of plan?
No, an add-on like adding minutes to use in the USA is not considered a change of plan.

Can I get a new number but port in my current number later?
Yes, when you activate a new SIM card, you can select a new number. Later, when you are ready to port in your old phone number, you will have to buy a new SIM card and activate it by selecting “Transfer a number to Fizz”. Then you will cancel the original SIM with the first number you got.

Are there advantages for families or group of friends who use Fizz?
Families might save serious money with Fizz because of the rollover data for 2 billing cycles and the gifting between subscribers. You might get away with less data per user knowing that data will rollover if one month you use less and that you can gift between family members if you are short one month. There is more flexibility with Fizz, you waste less data that expire each month. But please note that rollover data can not be gifted and that gifted data will not rollover. Also, you cannot re-gift data.

Can I give away an extra SIM card that I have ordered with my account but not activated?
Yes, SIM cards are not locked to the specific account from which they were ordered and can be activated in an other account.

How do I port multiple numbers to Fizz?
Start with activating a Fizz SIM card by porting a secondary number, then a second one, then a third, etc. Finish with the main number linked with your previous provider. That will close your account. If you start by porting your main number first, your former provider might close your account immediately and drop your secondary numbers. In any case, do not contact your previous provider about your intention to leave and let Fizz initiate the porting.

Do I need data to send/receive MMS?
Yes, you need texts and data to send/receive MMS.

Can I port in a VoIP number or a land line phone number to Fizz?
At the moment, that is not possible.

There are 2 places to enter a referral code, when you order a SIM card and when you activate it. Is one sufficient or do I need to input it twice?
When you get the chance to enter it while ordering the SIM card, do it then. If you get the chance again to enter it during the activation of the SIM, enter it again; it can't hurt. If you don't see it and you are about to click "Place my order", step back and/or cancel and start again after having deleted your cookies and Internet cache with CCleaner. If you DON'T enter a referral code, you WON'T get the $25 credit and it's not retro-active. Fizz won't do anything for you afterward if you register WITHOUT a referral code.

When I created my new plan, I used a referral code from a fellow RFD member but I didn't click the green button validating the referral code. Obviously, I didn't receive the confirmation email about my credit. It's been already a week, can I do anything?
Unfortunately no, others have tried. Referral bonuses are not retro-active. Be careful when registering. The only thing you could do is cancel everything and ask for a refund under the 15 day refund policy. Clear your cookies and Internet cache with CCleaner then open a new account with another email address and repeat the process using as many different things as possible to maximize the chances that it works and that you get your credit. You could use the same credit card, a debit card or a pre-paid credit card. If you can, use your work address instead of your home address, under another name, change IP address, change browser, etc.

Are local calls and texts add-ons unlimited?
No, it’s 60 minutes/200 outgoing texts.

How do I reach Fizz Customer Support?
Support is through the Web site only via chat, Messenger, email or contact forms. There are also two Community Forums: one in English and one in French. There is no phone number to call to get support. A contact form automatically opens a ticket. Give as much details as possible.

1) Email: contactform@support.fizz.ca

2) Chat is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Disable any ad-blocker.

Login your account;
Click on “Help”;
In “Popular topics” click on any subject;
Scroll down to the bottom;
In the right corner the chat bubble will appear after 15 seconds;
If you see “login” at the top of your screen, you have to login again even if you have already logged-in and repeat the process;
If the bubble still doesn’t appear, try a few hours later;
Click on the bubble and type your question.

3) Facebook Messenger
https://www.messenger.com/t/fizzca
https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

4) Contact form
Login your account.
My profile > Contact forms > Submit a complaint

5) As a last resort, in case of emergency, login your account and click My plans > Manage plan > Unsubscribe
You won’t be immediately unsubscribed but the bubble will appear.
Last edited by Temporel on Jul 4th, 2021 6:37 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2019
1597 posts
2639 upvotes
About the referrals, is the discussion completely banned throughout the entire RFD or is there a specific section that we can talk about it? (I know Reddit exists but that's entirely another platform)
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12742 posts
25705 upvotes
Montreal
gizmokrap wrote: About the referrals, is the discussion completely banned throughout the entire RFD or is there a specific section that we can talk about it? (I know Reddit exists but that's entirely another platform)
"Don't ask, don't tell." Face With Tears Of Joy

There is no specific section.
It's very "touchy".
Threads have been locked, deleted, users have received infractions, been banned...
From the RFD rules:
Do not suggest people contact you for a referral, offering and requesting referrals are both not permitted
What would you like to know? (Be prepared to edit or delete your posts.)
Jul 10, 2019
596 posts
580 upvotes
I’m so glad to have signed up for fizz back when they had the 39$/m 120mbps/20mbps promo
only price errors are true deals - such is the philosophy of RFD.
Jul 7, 2013
214 posts
69 upvotes
TROIS-RIVIERES
h8g7f6j9k0 wrote: I’m so glad to have signed up for fizz back when they had the 39$/m 120mbps/20mbps promo

I am still with the mobile beta promo. 23$ for 3gb.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
2131 posts
797 upvotes
Ottawa
Too bad . Fizz price is kind of out of date now. Only thing left is its data gift function and great referral system.
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
2131 posts
797 upvotes
Ottawa
julien716 wrote: I am still with the mobile beta promo. 23$ for 3gb.
I guess you mean is 2gb + 1gb free upgrade for $24- $1 upgrade.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2019
1597 posts
2639 upvotes
kanata2004 wrote: Too bad . Fizz price is kind of out of date now. Only thing left is its data gift function and great referral system.
For those on the beta and pre launch pricing it's a great deal. For the newcomers, those gift function, referral and the data rollover.

I'm paying $88 for two separate accounts since pre launch, each with canada and US coverage with unlimited text, call with 6GB on one account and 4GB on the other.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
2131 posts
797 upvotes
Ottawa
gizmokrap wrote: For those on the beta and pre launch pricing it's a great deal. For the newcomers, those gift function, referral and the data rollover.

I'm paying $88 for two separate accounts since pre launch, each with canada and US coverage with unlimited text, call with 6GB on one account and 4GB on the other.
I just talked with videotron to get new phone. Price for two 6GB plan with cross border. Plan itself cost me $110 ($55x2). You get great deal .
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2019
1597 posts
2639 upvotes
kanata2004 wrote: I just talked with videotron to get new phone. Price for two 6GB plan with cross border. Plan itself cost me $110 ($55x2). You get great deal .
Not bad indeed but with my pre launch pricing, I'll stick with Fizz until they cancel the discount for the early Fizz "adopters"
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
2131 posts
797 upvotes
Ottawa
@Temporal , you should add the "purchase phone" option for Fizz as well. I was trying to buy their iphone 11 not long ago but never be able to checkout. Finally they fixed the bug but I'm not interested any more. Anyway, others maybe still interested.
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12742 posts
25705 upvotes
Montreal
kanata2004 wrote: @Temporal , you should add the "purchase phone" option for Fizz as well. I was trying to buy their iphone 11 not long ago but never be able to checkout. Finally they fixed the bug but I'm not interested any more. Anyway, others maybe still interested.
Thanks for the suggestion but it already says in post #3 about Fizz mobile:

"You can use your current phone or buy a new one from Fizz."

P.S.:
"Temporal" hasn't been seen since 2011.
Common mistake.
Je suis francophone. :)
- Temporel
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
2131 posts
797 upvotes
Ottawa
A sceenshot will help. @Temporel Pensive Face
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12742 posts
25705 upvotes
Montreal
kanata2004 wrote: Too bad . Fizz price is kind of out of date now. Only thing left is its data gift function and great referral system.
For me, the BEST about Fizz mobile (If I may quote myself from the long original posts) beside the Great Referral Program, is the data ROLLOVER for the next 2 billing cycles which permits me to select a smaller plan than what I might have selected somewhere else.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2019
1597 posts
2639 upvotes
Temporel wrote: For me, the BEST about Fizz mobile (If I may quote myself from the long original posts) beside the Great Referral Program, is the data ROLLOVER for the next 2 billing cycles which permits me to select a smaller plan than what I might have selected somewhere else.
Yes, this. With current situation, I can accumulate up to 19.5 GB (6GB base and 500MB upgrade). Comes quite handy when you're out and about.
Feb 27, 2007
648 posts
292 upvotes
Montreal
kanata2004 wrote: @Temporal , you should add the "purchase phone" option for Fizz as well. I was trying to buy their iphone 11 not long ago but never be able to checkout. Finally they fixed the bug but I'm not interested any more. Anyway, others maybe still interested.
Temporel wrote: Thanks for the suggestion but it already says in post #3 about Fizz mobile
Screen shots of the 30 Fizz phones available (12 pictures provided by a Reddit member) : https://imgur.com/a/97gnTM4
I can't find the post after searching >10min. on Reddit, can't give credits to the member who posted the pictures.

Videotron ("parent company") is never cheap but good, apple(Fizz) doesn't fall far from the tree, he! We still need to give Fizz the credits:
1. "Videotron(~=Fizz) comes out ahead in 5/6 categories in OpenSignal's Mobile Network Experience for Quebec" @ https://www.reddit.com/r/FizzMobile/com ... gories_in/
2. No other internet supplier would allow 1 or few months connection with no installation fee, except Fizz.
3. Fizz mobile offers lots of PERKS and UPGRADE. There's still ~250mb/mth x24 mth PERKS for ~new customers. UPGRADE of -$1/mth when u get to certain level.

Glad to see some familiar faces here. Nice weekend to all!!
Last edited by MontrealPost on Nov 29th, 2020 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12742 posts
25705 upvotes
Montreal
kanata2004 wrote: A sceenshot will help. @Temporel Pensive Face
I don't think that buying a phone from Fizz is a good idea.
They just send you to the Samsung Web site.
At the moment, there are only about a dozen phones to choose from, the prices are high and half of them are out of stock.

Buy the phone YOU want at the BEST price you can find then use Fizz as your discount carrier.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)