1196 posts
1054 upvotes
Montreal

QC Only: $39 for 9GB Data + Unlimited Call & Text

Deal Link:
Retailer:
fizz
Just received the email:
Catch the perfect plan. The 9 GB of mobile data plan is currently offered for only $39/month. Get it while you can, or personalize it to your liking.
87 replies
Jul 8, 2014
56 posts
18 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Thanks OP! A great deal indeed!!
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
3233 posts
1011 upvotes
Would be valid in Ottawa too.

$47+tx for 9GB US/Canada coverage.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2003
1842 posts
1415 upvotes
Wondering if I should switch one of my lines from public mobile to this. How's coverage on Fizz?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
7152 posts
12095 upvotes
Montreal
jakemtl wrote: Wondering if I should switch one of my lines from public mobile to this. How's coverage on Fizz?
It's the Vidéotron network.

https://fizz.ca/en/coverage

The main advantages about Fizz, beside the low prices, are the monthly rolling over of unused data for the next two billing cycles and the "gifting" between Fizz's subscribers which permits you to select a monthly plan with less data than what you might subscribe for on another carrier. If during a month you are short on data, you can ask for some on the Reddit data exchange where people who have too much offer it.
Nov 6, 2018
231 posts
995 upvotes
jakemtl wrote: Wondering if I should switch one of my lines from public mobile to this. How's coverage on Fizz?
Been with Fizz since their beta testing and generally a positive experience

They offer good rates and piggy backs on Videotron's network

The best part imo is how they manage data. Any unused data can be rolled over to be used over the next 2 months and any data from this month's period can be gifted/sent to any other Fizz user

Main downside I've faced is, for them to provide such cheap rates, something has to have been cut or standards lowered, and with Fizz that's customer service. Everything is done by yourself online and if you have any issues, you're generally pointed towards the community for help instead of a service rep. I've heard things have changed a bit and it's easier to reach out to them, but I haven't had any major issues that required me to do so
Disclaimer: I am not an official spokesperson for Costco, just someone who loves it
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2016
1196 posts
1054 upvotes
Montreal
Temporel wrote: Unless I'm mistaken, that's the regular price. There's no "deal".

The only deal is the fact that the referral bonus is up to $50 instead of $25 until September 30th.

OP, could you post a Screen Capture of the email you got?
I think this is limited time only, just like their $50 120/20 Internet plan. It is competitive if you compare this plan with other carriers'.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2016
1196 posts
1054 upvotes
Montreal
Temporel wrote: Unless I'm mistaken, that's the regular price. There's no "deal".

The only deal is the fact that the referral bonus is up to $50 instead of $25 until September 30th.

OP, could you post a Screen Capture of the email you got?
I think this is limited time only, just like their $50 120/20 Internet plan. It is competitive if you compare this plan with other carriers'.
Aug 14, 2012
18 posts
9 upvotes
Montreal
It is a good deal.
I started with Fizz when they have 6gb for $32+Tax, which it is the best deal in QC.
Now the 6gb is not enough for me and it just the right time to upgrade.

I remember before I checked 9GB is more expensive than $39.

So it is a great deal!!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
7152 posts
12095 upvotes
Montreal
sneakerfan wrote: I think this is limited time only, just like their $50 120/20 Internet plan. It is competitive if you compare this plan with other carriers'.
Fizz adjust their mobile pricing from time to time and did so around August 10th. Some plans were dropped, others were added and a $2 price DECREASE were applied on some. The 9 GB option was $22 and is $13 now but other plans changed and/or went down like the 12 GB plan that was $28 that is gone and replaced by 11 GB @ $19 or 13 GB @ $24. The 14 GB plan is gone and replaced by 15 GB @ $29. So it's hard to say if it's a "deal" or a plan adjustment.

My guess is that contrary to Home Internet prices, mobile data plan prices are heading down so I think this "deal" will be on for a while.
Mar 5, 2018
418 posts
764 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks op. I’ll take this deal, I’m with virgin 6gb for $40
Feb 25, 2015
328 posts
127 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I'm already with Fizz internet and maybe I'll add the mobile
Mar 5, 2018
418 posts
764 upvotes
Montreal
I’m still waiting for the transfert between virgin mobile and fizz and one hour later still nothing happens
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
7152 posts
12095 upvotes
Montreal
goal80 wrote: I'm already with Fizz internet and maybe I'll add the mobile
Contact Fizz, there's A promo get $40 when you add Home Internet to a mobile service. Maybe the reverse is true. Please report back here. If not, open a new account with a different email address and refer yourself.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2003
2151 posts
864 upvotes
It’s $37 if you don’t need the useless voicemail.
Last edited by second2none on Aug 18th, 2021 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
7152 posts
12095 upvotes
Montreal
second2none wrote: It’s $37 is you don’t need the useless voicemail.
And $35 if Québec coverage is enough for you.
$32 if you don't take texts. Incoming SMS are always Free.

May I ask what you use for voicemail?
Last edited by Temporel on Aug 18th, 2021 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2003
2151 posts
864 upvotes
Temporel wrote: And $35 if Québec coverage is enough for you.

May I ask what you use for voicemail?
Well I’m not with Fizz. Basic VM is included with my plan. I personally hate VM. I wouldn’t care if I didn’t have it. Between caller ID and text messages, no one leaves messages anymore. And when they do I get pissed because I need to call my voicemail and go through the stupid auto attendant to delete it. The only time I can see it being a problem is if I miss a call from a hospital or Dr. because they block their number. That’s rare.
Dec 15, 2017
162 posts
112 upvotes
I hope that Videotron will purchase freedom mobile.
-TELUS peace of mind $55 20GB.
Nov 10, 2013
145 posts
88 upvotes
Montreal
Do we have anymore outages with Fizz? I switched early on to another carrier when there were a couple of outages.

Also, if I buy a line with 0gb, can I still get the gift from someone else? I need two line and 9 gb is enough for both. So thinking to take 9gb + 0gb plan and gift it every month to the line with no data.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
7152 posts
12095 upvotes
Montreal
shatim wrote: Do we have anymore outages with Fizz? I switched early on to another carrier when there were a couple of outages.

Also, if I buy a line with 0gb, can I still get the gift from someone else? I need two line and 9 gb is enough for both. So thinking to take 9gb + 0gb plan and gift it every month to the line with no data.
Nope, you need at least a 1 GB plan ($6) to be able to receive data gifts (except perks). As for mobile reliability, I don't use my cell much so I'll let others comment but I think Fizz's mobile growing pains are long gone.

You could open a first account with a referral code for a $50 bonus credit then open a second account with a different email address (same card is OK) and refer yourself for a second $50 referral bonus credit. :)