Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fizz

(Québec) $7/month price cut - Cable Home Internet 15/10 Mbps $35/month Unlimited + Free Wi-Fi modem/router/installation

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 16th, 2021 4:43 pm
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12749 posts
25734 upvotes
Montreal

(Québec) $7/month price cut - Cable Home Internet 15/10 Mbps $35/month Unlimited + Free Wi-Fi modem/router/installation

Deal Link:
Price:
$35
Savings:
15%
Retailer:
Fizz
It was $42 per month last month.

10/1.5 Mbps is now $30/month which is also a $7 monthly price drop compared to last month.

Fizz is Vidéotron's discount brand that offers Home Internet access within its territory in the Québec province and in some areas in Ontario like Clarence/Rockland, Alfred, Limoges, etc.

I'm a happy Fizz Home Internet customer since it launched.
It’s Vidéotron’s network with a discreet Fizz logo engraved on the modem.
You even get a Vidéotron IP address.
Technically, it’s a rock-solid product.
The speed is constantly more than promised.
There is no throttling at night when everybody streams Netflix all at once.

A Wi-Fi modem/router rental is included at no extra cost.
It's a Hitron CODA-4680.

Auto-installation is FREE: a technician will bring your modem and verify that your cable connection works properly.
All the instructions needed come with the modem and are clearly spelled out.
VIP-installation is $30: complete installation and configuration by a technician. (Unnecessary)

You may cancel any time, no strings attached. Just return the modem.

There’s no credit check since it's all pre-paid. Visa debit, MasterCard debit and pre-paid credit cards also work.

To give better prices, Fizz employ customer support from overseas with employees for whom English or French is sometimes a second or third language with a basic understanding of what the product is.
Customer support is digital only; have to be at ease with the new ways of communicating like chat, Messenger, community forums, etc.
With those means of communications, sometimes it takes a little more time to get understood and get satisfaction.
I don't mean this in a condescending way, just know who you are.

But the service is so solid that the odds are that you won't ever have to contact customer support.

Once you are a Fizz subscriber, you get a referral code that you can share with a friend to use when they join Fizz.
When that person makes her/his second monthly payment, you will both get a $25 credit.
That's a $25 credit EACH!

If you don't have someone's referral code, GET ONE BEFORE ORDERING your Home Internet installation to get the $25 credit.

DO NOT POST OR ASK FOR A REFERRAL CODE IN THIS THREAD.

THAT'S AGAINST RFD RULES.

Last edited by Temporel on Mar 14th, 2021 5:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
84 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
3275 posts
2144 upvotes
Montréal, QC
I'm with Fizz with a 120Mpbs connection since the beginning of remote work and the service is very reliable so far.
Feb 1, 2011
78 posts
313 upvotes
Montreal
Was deciding between Fizz and Oxio, decided to go with oxio since it was 5$/month cheaper for the plans and they offer the same 25$ referral credit, free installation with technician, free modem/router rental, as well as first month free. I assume the level of service is comparable so you can't go wrong
Jun 27, 2018
253 posts
747 upvotes
Same, I went with Oxio because the 60/10 was cheaper, especially with first month free. I believe both are the best options in Quebec if you only need 60mbps or less.
Sep 4, 2016
203 posts
138 upvotes
Montreal
Great internet and cell service. Works as it should. Very happy.
I am a Fizz, Rogers and Tangerine customer. Avid Linux user
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2005
1534 posts
2211 upvotes
Montreal
I'll add my recommendation to Fizz, too. Inexpensive internet and mobile phone service.
Not a case of "you get what you pay for", as compared to more expensive options. The only thing they seem to"cheap out" on is support. The product itself is identical to Videotron service.
Data rollover and other perks on mobile are also what keep me with them.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
3097 posts
2399 upvotes
It’s ridiculous how Canada used to be a leader in high-speed Internet 15-20 years ago, and today 10mb speed for $35 is considered a deal.

In Europe the folks pay that much for 1 or 10G pipe, whereas 20 years you could barely get dial up...

Please sign:

https://paylesstoconnect.ca/#take-action
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Feb 23, 2008
325 posts
1106 upvotes
Montreal
djredhat wrote: It’s ridiculous how Canada used to be a leader in high-speed Internet 15-20 years ago, and today 10mb speed for $35 is considered a deal.

In Europe the folks pay that much for 1 or 10G pipe, whereas 20 years you could barely get dial up...

Please sign:

https://paylesstoconnect.ca/#take-action
Signed. Thanks for the link.
Requesting other to do the same, together we can bring the price down.
Images
  • upload.jpg
May 13, 2012
138 posts
136 upvotes
Been with fizz internet and mobile since the beginning and can recommend it too. A thing I like is that you can level up your profile as like in a rpg (just being a customer get you experience point, no need to be active) and at level 5, I can add "equipment" like minus 2$ on your bill or +500 mb on your data plan. I'm at -5$ on my internet bill because of the equipment!
Nov 23, 2020
78 posts
252 upvotes
Montreal
Yet I am originally from a country where 1Gbit internet per month costs as much as 2 loafs of bread here and I do believe Canadian prices are crazy, I am one of those nerds who would ask where is this website's privacy policy? I don't understand how my personal data would be used, thus I would not sign it, unfortunately.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2018
1173 posts
759 upvotes
Narith wrote: Been with fizz internet and mobile since the beginning and can recommend it too. A thing I like is that you can level up your profile as like in a rpg (just being a customer get you experience point, no need to be active) and at level 5, I can add "equipment" like minus 2$ on your bill or +500 mb on your data plan. I'm at -5$ on my internet bill because of the equipment!
Really can't beat the beta price, I am still at level 4 and waiting to use my newly earned -2.

Doubt if they will make the price cut for beta accounts like last time, but the price.is already good enough and the connection is good.
Nov 23, 2020
78 posts
252 upvotes
Montreal
And yes, I am with fizz since their beta and I am happy. But bear in mind that IF something goes wrong - tech support is working only during the day, very slow to respond and in some cases is helpless.
Mar 5, 2012
758 posts
499 upvotes
Canada
Was anyone able to price match FIZZ with OXIO?
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
3097 posts
2399 upvotes
azgandut wrote: Yet I am originally from a country where 1Gbit internet per month costs as much as 2 loafs of bread here and I do believe Canadian prices are crazy, I am one of those nerds who would ask where is this website's privacy policy? I don't understand how my personal data would be used, thus I would not sign it, unfortunately.
It’s a teksavvy initiative. It’s a petition website just like any other. It just makes it easier for people to do it

If you prefer, you can copy/paste the text and send it directly from email to your MP.

You can start an e-petition with the Parliament- all you need is 5 Canadians to sign:

https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Home/About
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
2171 posts
874 upvotes
I really recommend it too - unless you are someone that needs a technician to guide you or do everything for you for the smallest things.

I have their 30mbps internet since 2019 and I got in when the price was 40$. It's currently 45$ but my price is grandfathered. I don't know if there is a clause to say that but they haven't raised the price on it yet so I'm guessing it is.

Also, as you continue to use their service, they give you points and when you go up in levels you get bonuses which are like 1$, 2$ off on the monthly plans. I'm level 4 and i have 4$ off on my internet and i have 1$ off and 500mb data affed on my cell phone plan. On top of all this, they roll over any data you didn't use so my 2gb phone plan has like 8 gb on it right now lol.
Deal Guru
Mar 4, 2004
10229 posts
3143 upvotes
Montreal
Down votes from bots of the Big Three ;)

Awesome price if this is the speed you need and unlimited too.
Jun 12, 2020
481 posts
293 upvotes
Will existing customer receive the price drop in the next bill?
Oct 1, 2020
67 posts
79 upvotes
Montreal, Qc.
I'm with fizz since the very beginning. All their services are very stable now. I vouch for them.
Sep 23, 2007
306 posts
81 upvotes
Yul
jessicacha wrote: I really recommend it too - unless you are someone that needs a technician to guide you or do everything for you for the smallest things.

I have their 30mbps internet since 2019 and I got in when the price was 40$. It's currently 45$ but my price is grandfathered. I don't know if there is a clause to say that but they haven't raised the price on it yet so I'm guessing it is.

Also, as you continue to use their service, they give you points and when you go up in levels you get bonuses which are like 1$, 2$ off on the monthly plans. I'm level 4 and i have 4$ off on my internet and i have 1$ off and 500mb data affed on my cell phone plan. On top of all this, they roll over any data you didn't use so my 2gb phone plan has like 8 gb on it right now lol.
Have you looked around at others ?
You can get that 30mbps for a better price at the same quality of service. Have a read at what others are posting. Unfortunately I don't agree with it being the only one at a great price.

One needs to do some homework before signing up.
Rainbow