Expired Hot Deals

[Flair Air] 50% off base fare (Tues/Weds travel)

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2019 7:58 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2003
7648 posts
469 upvotes
Edmonton

50% off base fare (Tues/Weds travel)

Deal Link:
Savings:
50%
Expiry:
May 23, 2019
Retailer:
Flair Air
Flair is having a good sale for summer travel - June 2 to Oct 4, 2019. You get 50% off the base fare for flights departing on Tuesday or Weds. Says roundtrip only but seems to work on one-way fares atm, ymmv.

I was looking for a deal from YEG - YYZ and this saved me about a $100.

Promo code: OOO50 (Letter, Letter, Letter, Number, Number)

Another Link: https://book.flairair.ca//Viewflights.aspx?Lang=en
Last edited by Hellfire on May 21st, 2019 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
23 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
6732 posts
2503 upvotes
Calgary
What happened to their flights between Calgary to Kelowna? I see they only fly from Calgary to Vancouver, Abbotsford, Toronto, and Winnipeg.
Feb 3, 2012
119 posts
56 upvotes
WINNIPEG
From Winnipeg there are no flights leaving on the Tues or wed for any of the cities lol
Jan 18, 2017
47 posts
70 upvotes
How risky is booking with this airline? Given the likes of Wow air and Zoom etc, I'm hesitant to book with these budget airlines in case they go bankrupt before my flight! If I book now for August, how likely are they to be around? :D
Oct 2, 2011
876 posts
469 upvotes
Vancouver
What a coincidence, flairair made the local news yesterday for losing over 170 peoples luggage (over 60 this year alone).
Sep 2, 2017
202 posts
222 upvotes
Edmonton
smeean wrote:
May 21st, 2019 9:41 am
From Winnipeg there are no flights leaving on the Tues or wed for any of the cities lol
I was about to say the same thing haha. Swoop had some decent sale prices for Winnipeg the other day though. But I'm guessing that sales over now.
Jan 29, 2010
469 posts
277 upvotes
The website makes the airline seems more budget than regular budget airlines. It's almost to the level of a Dollar Tree airline, if they ever make one.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
11591 posts
21242 upvotes
Scarborough
ssaketh wrote:
May 21st, 2019 9:34 am
God this website is bad
Went to their website for the first time today and this is exactly what I thought too. I get that this is a no frills airline but is this really the best they could do?
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Oct 21, 2015
94 posts
378 upvotes
A113
ssaketh wrote:
May 21st, 2019 9:34 am
God this website airline is bad
Fixed it for you.

Flown a few times on Flair. It was fine before Swoop. After Swoop, I've had a flight delay every trip (3 trips between Edmonton and Abbotsford). Latest was just after Christmas (Dec 27 or 28) and there was a "maintenance delay" of 9 hours on the leg home. I checked their flights for the next 3 days and they had the same "maintenance day" scheduled into the flight schedules.

Lucky for us, we had time to kill with relatives and it didn't matter if we got home at 3pm or midnight. Unfortunately, for the people we spoke with in the lobby, one couple was connecting through Edmonton onto Winnipeg and would be getting in at 3am. Another girl next to them had her first day on the job in Winnipeg the next morning.

Flair gave us all $10 food vouchers (bottle of water and sandwich at the Abbotsford airport). A couple of weeks later, I got an email from Flair giving us $150 promo codes - pretty sure I paid less for the flight, but figured enough people complained about that particular flight. It was from a Flair email address, so not phishing.

Tried booking a flight and guess what? The promo code didn't work. Tried calling Flair and the lady had no idea what to do or how to help apply it. She said she saw that we were credited but couldn't help us use it.

With the wife pregnant and not wanting to deal with another delay, I just said screw it and gave up the credit.

Also, on the same Christmas trip last year but a different flight home, Flair lost my parents checked luggage. Came back a week later. Where did it end up? You guessed it. Winnipeg.

Yes, all of this is anecdotal, but figure I'd put it out there.

TL;DR - fly Flair at your own risk. If you have the time to kill, it's worth saving a few dollars.
Adventure is out there!
Nov 25, 2009
201 posts
110 upvotes
Edmonton
So far I've been on 3 flights with Flair. The website is already an upgrade from when the first arrived on the scene.

2 of the flights, the planes were old and worn - the other flight had a slightly newer/cleaner stripped down plane. So if you're a germaphobe, you might want to avoid planes in general but Flair for sure

Service wise it's a bit chaotic at the check-in counter. But surprisingly for me, all 3 flights were fully boarded well before departure time and we ended up taxiing on the runway 15 mins earlier than the departure time.

I've used Swoop couple times as well and would choose them over Flair. But if the price is right, I'll continue flying Flair until something puts me off...

For the record, my 3 flights all flew out of different airports: YYZ, YEG, YVR
Oct 24, 2016
55 posts
39 upvotes
For everyone dumping on Flair and praising Swoop, I hope you realize that as soon as Flair is gone, Swoop/WestJet will be raising prices right back to where they were pre-Flair. As consumers we need to support Flair any time we can to drive competition and maintain lower prices.

I have done 3 round trips on Flair and had good experiences every time. Yes, the website is horrible and the planes are a bit older, but they have more legroom than Flair by a decent margin and they have generally been on time.
Apr 6, 2017
373 posts
434 upvotes
We gotta support the competition. With air transat going down. Its just gonna get worse.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2009
1182 posts
485 upvotes
Calgary
flew flair air for the first time in March. No issues. Decent budget airline.