Expired Hot Deals

[Flair Air] 50% off base fare (Tues/Weds travel)

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2019 7:58 am
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
4747 posts
1430 upvotes
Winnipeg
dicecube wrote:
May 21st, 2019 10:04 am
What a coincidence, flairair made the local news yesterday for losing over 170 peoples luggage (over 60 this year alone).
That’s the norm with Air Canada too
Jan 13, 2012
68 posts
62 upvotes
Vancouver
They're a budget airline, but both flights that I took with them were pleasant. As someone above noted - if you're pressed for time, probably not the airline to fly with, but if money is worth more than time to you, perfectly easy and acceptable.
Apr 13, 2005
378 posts
41 upvotes
flew flair twice and no problems each time - luggage took a while to come out on carousel though and they had people directed to the wrong carousel initially. No problems if you don't check bags or pay a few $ more for carryon (more expensive than checked bag fee unfortunately).
Sep 1, 2011
439 posts
115 upvotes
Chilliwack
Flew Flair a few weeks ago and no problems. Flights were on time both ways. Recently flew Swoop as well and Flair does have more leg room.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4255 posts
1660 upvotes
PizzaPlanetTruck wrote:
May 21st, 2019 10:38 am
Fixed it for you.

Flown a few times on Flair. It was fine before Swoop. After Swoop, I've had a flight delay every trip (3 trips between Edmonton and Abbotsford). Latest was just after Christmas (Dec 27 or 28) and there was a "maintenance delay" of 9 hours on the leg home. I checked their flights for the next 3 days and they had the same "maintenance day" scheduled into the flight schedules.

Lucky for us, we had time to kill with relatives and it didn't matter if we got home at 3pm or midnight. Unfortunately, for the people we spoke with in the lobby, one couple was connecting through Edmonton onto Winnipeg and would be getting in at 3am. Another girl next to them had her first day on the job in Winnipeg the next morning.

Flair gave us all $10 food vouchers (bottle of water and sandwich at the Abbotsford airport). A couple of weeks later, I got an email from Flair giving us $150 promo codes - pretty sure I paid less for the flight, but figured enough people complained about that particular flight. It was from a Flair email address, so not phishing.

Tried booking a flight and guess what? The promo code didn't work. Tried calling Flair and the lady had no idea what to do or how to help apply it. She said she saw that we were credited but couldn't help us use it.

With the wife pregnant and not wanting to deal with another delay, I just said screw it and gave up the credit.

Also, on the same Christmas trip last year but a different flight home, Flair lost my parents checked luggage. Came back a week later. Where did it end up? You guessed it. Winnipeg.

Yes, all of this is anecdotal, but figure I'd put it out there.

TL;DR - fly Flair at your own risk. If you have the time to kill, it's worth saving a few dollars.
Very strong and convincing anecdotes. Thank you for this info. I flew the same route once (YXX-YEG) on WS and the 8:40 PM flight got delayed to well past 1:00 AM. They gave us all food vouchers, but the cafe at YXX had like 2 sandwiches left by that time, so no one could really use it. This was a bigger slap in the face than not giving us anything at all.
May 22, 2019
7 posts
I was looking for a return ticket from Germany (Frankfurt) to Ireland and there's no deal for that on flyflair? Can I get two tickets (return) under €300? We've been planning to leave this weekend and I looked up the last minute deals https://travelsites.com/last-minute-travel/ but there are no deals found on these sites. Also, I've looked up http://matrix.itasoftware.com there is the cheapest ticket available for one person €171 but it's available for the next month.

Is there any deals or suggestion?

Thanks!
Jun 22, 2017
8 posts
10 upvotes
nathandev wrote:
May 28th, 2019 11:05 am
I was looking for a return ticket from Germany (Frankfurt) to Ireland and there's no deal for that on flyflair? Can I get two tickets (return) under €300? We've been planning to leave this weekend and I looked up the last minute deals https://travelsites.com/last-minute-travel/ but there are no deals found on these sites. Also, I've looked up http://matrix.itasoftware.com there is the cheapest ticket available for one person €171 but it's available for the next month.

Is there any deals or suggestion?

Thanks!
Flair air only flies domestic, within Canada.
If you're traveling in europe you need to check european budget airlines. Ex Ryanair
Mar 7, 2011
569 posts
370 upvotes
Anyone else getting invalid promo code?