Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Flair airlines

80% off base fare on new routes flair airlines

• Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2022 10:47 am
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
texasbruce wrote: I don't get how being "Canadian" enough is an issue here. Not much around us is Canadian anyway, including Timmys
Kazushi wrote: The official reason is probably something like taxes. But doesn't stop foreign investors from making my Vancouver Condo worth a mill.

But as I recall Timmys is RBI (was TDL), which back when I was helping project manage as a contractor was owned by Brazillians (30% share)
texasbruce wrote: I don’t know how tax is different. Foreign companies operating in Canada need to pay corporate income tax and collect HST like domestic ones.
Flair Airlines operating license became under investigation due to 777 Partners investment

"777 Partners’ involvement with Flair is the main reason the CTA has started looking into carrier's business practices. 777 Partners is a Miami-based investment firm/wet leasing company that owns a 25% stake in Flair Airlines. In addition, 777 Partners leases several aircraft to the airline and occupies three of the five seats on its board."

Ownership Drama Explained: What’s Going On At Canada’s Flair Airlines?
A summary of all recent events relating to Flair Airlines’ CTA investigation.
https://simpleflying.com/flair-airlines ... explained/

In its preliminary determination released in March, the CTA suggested that Flair’s dependence on 777 for financing was a strong indication that the airline was controlled by the investment firm. CTA wrote: “777’s influence over Flair may be dominant and that it, therefore, could be considered to have control in fact of Flair.”

https://financialpost.com/transportatio ... til-june-1

Flair had submitted a response to the Canadian Transportation Agency’s (CTA) initial finding that Flair had failed to meet requirements for Canadian ownership of a domestic airline under the Transportation Act.

The Agency is in the process of reviewing it and will issue its determination on June 1st, 2022.

The changes Flair made include expanding the board from five to nine members, ensuring seven of them are Canadian, cutting the number of directors 777 Partners can appoint from three to two, and abolishing the US investor’s veto rights, which it had “never exercised” in any case.

Canada’s Flair Airlines rejigs structure amid ownership row
https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... ership-row
Destiny is all
Oct 21, 2015
635 posts
837 upvotes
Toronto, ON
So basically just saying a foreign company has control over Flair, which we already had established. That's not relevant to consumers or my comment about tax.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2006
1825 posts
1698 upvotes
Don't try to do connecting flights with Flair. They just messed up our plans so bad 2 weeks away from departure.
Nov 22, 2021
60 posts
43 upvotes
Alberta
notnow17 wrote: Don't try to do connecting flights with Flair. They just messed up our plans so bad 2 weeks away from departure.
That’s rather typical of them. They did that to myself and my young kids. Luckily it was just to back home where I don’t need to say cancel concert tickets, hotel or etc. but we just drive for 14 hours.
Be sweet NOT salty

But do you really need it?
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
texasbruce wrote: So basically just saying a foreign company has control over Flair, which we already had established. That's not relevant to consumers or my comment about tax.
Flair Airlines is incorporated in B.C. and has their headquarters in Edmonton.

Consumers may not care about the foreign ownership and influence limits, the other airlines with Canadian operating licenses do care.

If Flair does not meet the definition of being “Canadian” under the 1996 Canada Transportation Act, they would be breaking the law.
Destiny is all
Jan 13, 2016
246 posts
516 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
ManCaveGamer wrote: I've tried Toronto to Nashville next month within their sale period, but the dates I want are not on sale even though it says no blackout dates

Jun 16-Jun 19 still $259 each way, such a fake sale
What could be going on that would have prices high, I wonder?

Could there possibly be a music festival known around the world that attracts 80,000+ people to middle Tennessee that weekend?

Yup. Checks out.
Dollar Stores 4 LIFE~!
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2006
1825 posts
1698 upvotes
Mamamimi wrote: That’s rather typical of them. They did that to myself and my young kids. Luckily it was just to back home where I don’t need to say cancel concert tickets, hotel or etc. but we just drive for 14 hours.
Yeah I'm never using them again, $100 savings turned into an extra $300 spending due to later bookings.
Feb 16, 2022
2 posts
Anybody know of anything that works from Vancouver to Toronto, just getting the same standard fare on this trip, which amounts to CAD 320/ RT.
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
RFDnewbiee wrote: Anybody know of anything that works from Vancouver to Toronto, just getting the same standard fare on this trip, which amounts to CAD 320/ RT.
Vancouver to Toronto is not a new route

"get 80% off base fares on new routes for travel between may 20 - june 23, 2022"

https://flights.flyflair.com/en-ca/sale
Destiny is all
May 17, 2011
906 posts
921 upvotes
Toronto
The first flight to Chicago was yesterday but when they landed in Chicago the crew opening the door apparently broke something and the plane was never cleared to go back to Toronto. Passengers were left stranded for hours as Flair does not commute your ticket to another airline.
Hubs got home after 10 hours of waiting via cancelling his ticket and buying new, switching terminals (which meant his duty free purchase had to be abandoned) and his bag is still in limbo. Flair refused to file a report since they said he flew in on another airline (even though the flair customer service people I called said he needed to go to that desk) and AC said it's not their problem either but at least they filed the report anyway.
Things happen, we get that. But when a company basically abandons their customers who've paid for a service then they don't deserve our business.
Never, ever, ever again.
Apr 24, 2013
933 posts
730 upvotes
Waterloo
Far too many complaints. This airline is only for the brave and bold - gamblers.
Jan 10, 2017
160 posts
1297 upvotes
GTA and GVA (Back an…
Tbh you get what you pay for. Not saying that’s a bad thing, but smaller Low Cost Carriers will often use airport ground crew that are contracted. Air Canada has their own dedicated staff. This makes a huge difference when you’re looking at things like “on time” performance. Air Canada is one of the best in terms of making sure planes do not get delayed and you are at your destination at the right time.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2009
1546 posts
1439 upvotes
Still on the fence booking with Flair lol. Would it be that much of a risk to book a flight to Edmonton and not to expect too much of a delay/cancellation? I don't plan to use them going back but if their flight to Edmonton is somewhat reliable, I'll book.

I don't expect anything else though. I just need to get to the destination in a somewhat timely manner
Last edited by Feels Good Man on May 18th, 2022 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 12, 2010
194 posts
152 upvotes
Toronto
Flying to Saint John in a few weeks. Used Flair many times and never had any issues
Jan 12, 2009
386 posts
434 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Bb0231 wrote: PSA:

Prepare for long lineups at all major airports

Toronto Star
Long lines at airports could get worse in coming months as staff shortage continues, strikes loom

Global News
No quick fix to long security lineups at YVR, airport says
For Toronto YYZ getting a NEXUS pass is well worth it, several credit cards reimburse the 50 USD/5 year fee, you have the much shorter Trusted Traveller security line.

Flair works best with flexible schedule AND/OR a strong trip interruption, cancellation, delay insurance. Flair will reimburse a snack, and sometimes a refund (they did for me for weather delays), credit card coverage provides stand off in case you MUST get somewhere to make connection etc. Take a look at credit card forum.
Koodo Cell, Fongo Home Phone, Rogers Internet, Wealthsimple Investing for now.

RFD Effect is real...Let the Credit Card games begin!
Jan 12, 2009
386 posts
434 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Bb0231 wrote: PSA:

Prepare for long lineups at all major airports

Toronto Star
Long lines at airports could get worse in coming months as staff shortage continues, strikes loom

Global News
No quick fix to long security lineups at YVR, airport says
For Toronto YYZ getting a NEXUS pass is well worth it, several credit cards reimburse the 50 USD/5 year fee, you have the much shorter Trusted Traveller security line.

Flair works best with flexible schedule AND/OR a strong trip interruption, cancellation, delay insurance. Flair will reimburse a snack, and sometimes a refund (they did for me for weather delays), credit card coverage provides stand off in case you MUST get somewhere to make connection etc. Take a look at credit card forum.

Nov 29, 2010
208 posts
125 upvotes
Flew with Flair Airlines in April - solid no issues but sample size = 1.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2985 posts
3187 upvotes
Ottawa
csp wrote: For Toronto YYZ getting a NEXUS pass is well worth it, several credit cards reimburse the 50 USD/5 year fee, you have the much shorter Trusted Traveller security line.

Or fly with kids. The drawback, of course, is that you're flying with kids.
Jan 12, 2009
386 posts
434 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Dynatos wrote: Or fly with kids. The drawback, of course, is that you're flying with kids.
Ah so you get through lineup faster with kids? Didn't know. #Munchkinperks

Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2985 posts
3187 upvotes
Ottawa
csp wrote: Ah so you get through lineup faster with kids? Didn't know. #Munchkinperks
Ya, most airports have a regular line, a Trusted Travelers line, and a family/elderly/disability line. Many actually bundle the Trusted Traveler and family/elderly/disability line into one, so if you're traveling with kids CATSA will push you into the NEXUS line.

We only actually discovered that after our first was born. We have NEXUS cards and got him one before the first time we flew with him. We were getting his NEXUS card out at security, and the CATSA rep told us not to bother since we were traveling with a kid and would be in the NEXUS line anyway. So, we haven't even bothered with a NEXUS for our second, and won't until they stop letting us use the priority family line.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)