HOT!! 50% off 2 tickets

Deal Link:
Savings:
50%
Expiry:
August 15, 2019
Retailer:
Flair Airlines
Buy one flight and get the second base fare free.

Book by August 15th and get 50% off your base fare when you book two or more flights with Flair. This promo is applicable for travel between September 10th to December 18th, 2019.**

I just booked two roundtrip tickets to vancouver non-stop for $590 all in ($295 each).
Thread Summary
To see the promo prices, you have to apply the PLUSONE promo code right at the search bar when you select dates.
45 replies
[OP]
Mar 12, 2014
87 posts
81 upvotes
TORONTO
Risk Vs Reward! September is still quite a peak period for travel, and so that will mitigate your chances of facing this situation.
Jul 12, 2012
75 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
Price is good, no doubt, but I highly recommend against flying with Flair. Had a horrible experience with them earlier in the year, when a flight was delayed for about 10 hours with little information and no compensation, except some food vouchers. As there were no guarantees that our flight would leave on the newly promised time, I asked a representative if Flair could simply cancel the flight and make alternate arrangements for us. She said unlikely, and in the event that the flight got delayed again, be prepared to wait another 4 hours at least.

When the flight did eventually take off, the service was fine. But the cabin was very cramped. And be prepared to pay even for water - our flight crew was nice enough to give us free beverages, as our flight was delayed, but they seriously nickle and dime you.

On another note, I made a purchase with flair on the wrong credit card, so I arranged to cancel the purchase within 24 hours. After chasing them for confirmation, which promised a refund within a week, the refund never materialized. Called them again, and was told to wait up to 4 weeks. When that still didn't materialize, I called my credit card to dispute the charge, and got my money back in 2 days.

I know flair is cheap, but the service was absolutely horrible. I know my experience isn't unique either. So make sure you do your research and know what you're getting into before purchasing.

Edit: I should add that even the food vouchers took a long time to distribute. There was only 1 person dealing with it, and before handing out the vouchers she had to take down everyone's info, which did not help efficiency in the least.
Last edited by MrWuten on Aug 13th, 2019 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39425 posts
5822 upvotes
King City
I've heard a lot of complaints by friends who've flown by them. Seems like its as worse as Jet Blue.
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Jun 15, 2011
39425 posts
5822 upvotes
King City
MrWuten wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 10:09 am
Price is good, no doubt, but I highly recommend against flying with Flair. Had a horrible experience with them earlier in the year, when a flight was delayed for about 10 hours with little information and no compensation, except some food vouchers. As there were no guarantees that our flight would leave on the newly promised time, I asked a representative if Flair could simply cancel the flight and make alternate arrangements for us. She said unlikely, and in the event that the flight got delayed again, be prepared to wait another 4 hours at least.

When the flight did eventually take off, the service was fine. But the cabin was very cramped. And be prepared to pay even for water - our flight crew was nice enough to give us free beverages, as our flight was delayed, but they seriously nickle and dime you.

On another note, I made a purchase with flair on the wrong credit card, so I arranged to cancel the purchase within 24 hours. After chasing them for confirmation, which promised a refund within a week, the refund never materialized. Called them again, and was told to wait up to 4 weeks. When that still didn't materialize, I called my credit card to dispute the charge, and got my money back in 2 days.

I know flair is cheap, but the service was absolutely horrible. I know my experience isn't unique either. So make sure you do your research and know what you're getting into before purchasing.

Edit: I should add that even the food vouchers took a long time to distribute. There was only 1 person dealing with it, and before handing out the vouchers she had to take down everyone's info, which did not help efficiency in the least.
This sums it up I guess. Thanks for the above! Won't be flying with them, even to save a buck or two. Or more in this case.
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
428 posts
540 upvotes
After reading a whole string of crazy bad reviews I am gonna stick with WestJet. It’s just not worth the trouble.
Sep 22, 2016
283 posts
288 upvotes
Don't understand why the downvote here..

Probably no one will purchase Flair if the price is the same as WJ or AC. But then, price is indeed cheaper with this deal
Mar 7, 2019
8 posts
22 upvotes
I've heard bad cases on Flair, but keep in mind people who've had good experiences are less likely to be vocal about it. I personally have had several great flights with Flair. Flights were on time, flight attendants were actually exceptional, seats were comfy, planes were nice. Honestly I'd reccomend Flair. I've had better experiences on Flair than on Air Canada or WestJet. Anecdotal, of course, but I feel I should share my experience, considering the amount of bad experiences that everyone speaks about due to cancellations. As well, I don't know if cancellations are as widespread now, either. They had mass cancellation of all flights to the USA awhile back, giving lots of people a very bad taste, but now a days I'm not sure if they're as common. As well, I like supporting Flair as they're the only big company giving competition to help keep flight prices low. Swoop is owned by WestJet, if Flair goes out of buisness, no doubt they'll start raising their prices. Just my 2 cents. I wouldn't purchase flair if the prices are similar to more established airlines, but at a good discount I'll happily fly Flair.
Nov 16, 2013
449 posts
79 upvotes
Mississauga
I have flown twice in last 12 months by Flair. On both times, one way flight was delayed for more than 10 hours and 6 houses respectively. First one was from Hamilton to Halifax last year and delayed by 10 hours. To their credit, their aircraft was not working hence they had to arrange different aircraft from some other company ( Logo was different on the aircraft)

Last Saturday from Edmonton to Toronto was delayed by 6 hours ($10 for every 4 hours as food voucher).

Barring the flight delay , everything is really well.

But now better half says to avoid due to two bad experience in two trips.

I like them for price if they avoid delay they can be real competition to AC and WestJet
Last edited by vivmk20 on Aug 13th, 2019 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 23, 2018
7 posts
7 upvotes
LarryT778370 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 11:02 am

Probably no one will purchase Flair if the price is the same as WJ or AC. But then, price is indeed cheaper with this deal
Let me give you an example on why.. Sinemia is much cheaper than buying tickets every movie.. but with their terrible service the Sinemia Thread is Downvoted to the thousands..
Oct 22, 2013
8 posts
3 upvotes
Mississauga
I had great experience with Flair and would love to keep the competition in the market, so I am probably going to contiune use them whenever it makes sense.
[OP]
Mar 12, 2014
87 posts
81 upvotes
TORONTO
LarryT778370 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 11:02 am

Exactly. For the flight times and dates I was looking for, I'd have paid more than double with Air Canada Or WestJet. A lot of their cancellations were with their US routes, and if you check the specific route you are interested in booking on google, you can get a sense on whether there are delays or cancellations often. I checked this for my flight and it was completely fine for the last 14 flights.