Shopping Discussion

Flash Food app - Purchase nearly expired food at a discount (Loblaws, etc).

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2020 5:42 pm
Tags:
Dec 15, 2006
877 posts
505 upvotes
Ottawa
The biggest score in Ottawa is deli meats at 80% off and salad kits for $1-2. Where are the $1 wings and boxes of 28 green peppers???
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
8477 posts
2147 upvotes
Tonight I got potato chive focaccia bread 5.49 reg price for .74 and sabra sweet potato dip $5 for 1.50. They also had a very large box of avocado for $5, but they were very ripe. They have a few others buying flashfoood, but it is very few.

I am pretty mad at the other loblaws. I bought a bunch of stuff at it eg hummus for $1, went there, and the customer service area was closed "staff called in". The manager just shrugged when I said i was there to get my stuff. Flashfood did refund
Dec 15, 2006
877 posts
505 upvotes
Ottawa
zoro69 wrote: Tonight I got potato chive focaccia bread 5.49 reg price for .74 and sabra sweet potato dip $5 for 1.50. They also had a very large box of avocado for $5, but they were very ripe. They have a few others buying flashfoood, but it is very few.

I am pretty mad at the other loblaws. I bought a bunch of stuff at it eg hummus for $1, went there, and the customer service area was closed "staff called in". The manager just shrugged when I said i was there to get my stuff. Flashfood did refund
I've had this happen and another employee got my items. Not sure why the manager didn't do this - I'd have followed up with a complaint.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
8477 posts
2147 upvotes
Oh I sent a complaint. FLashfoood responded fast , refunded, and said they would have the area manager follow up with the store. Loblaws...didn't respond at all.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2013
1079 posts
533 upvotes
Scarborough
zoro69 wrote: Oh I sent a complaint. FLashfoood responded fast , refunded, and said they would have the area manager follow up with the store. Loblaws...didn't respond at all.
Can you tell me how to contact? I also had a bad experience. I checked on the app and couldn't find a way to do it.
Dec 15, 2006
877 posts
505 upvotes
Ottawa
Harpagon wrote: Can you tell me how to contact? I also had a bad experience. I checked on the app and couldn't find a way to do it.
In the app click the 3 bars (top L) then Help.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
8477 posts
2147 upvotes
Loblaws had focaccia $5.50 for .74. I bought, went to loblaws (the close one this time)...store is open, but customer service isn't. "we close that an hour early now". Of course, now it is passed the best before date and wont be available

No problem with flashfood, I would now prefer they found a different store to operate in
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
8477 posts
2147 upvotes
Flashfood ((customer service) seems to be operating with normal hours now. Got some great deals, Big mountain mighty mushroom bites 7.49 for 1.49, various hummus for half or less, antons cookie bar $4.79 for .99 (got them for my mom, I wouldnt touch them)
Nov 20, 2004
475 posts
475 upvotes
Vancouver
Curious if anyone's tried picking up an order on someone's behalf. No where on the site does it say that it's prohibited.