• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2018 3:14 am
Tags:
None
Feb 26, 2013
107 posts
57 upvotes
Scarborough
bilbobal wrote: Lowest price I'm getting for the same dates around march-april is 915$
Seems like February and March are blackout dates. Try April and you’ll get the price.
Jul 12, 2012
5 posts
1 upvote
Montreal
I tried all 3 april dates on the original post and got around 915$.
Mar 18, 2018
2 posts
bilbobal wrote:
Oct 1st, 2018 11:51 am
Lowest price I'm getting for the same dates around march-april is 915$

Same for me :\
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
2912 posts
889 upvotes
yohung wrote:
Sep 29th, 2018 4:41 pm
Can you check if they have similar deals going to Ho Chi Minh city Vietnam
Thanks
so.... you think you have some sort of personal travel agent or something? LOL
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
1060 posts
234 upvotes
Antarctica
I notice that a lot of these deals seem to have US layovers. Is that why they are cheap because for many ethnicities a US layover isnt exactly exciting.
Oct 12, 2011
473 posts
171 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like deal’s dead for March, April, May...1003$ & 1200$....lastnight was 741$....guess they got the traffice quotas.

Now gotta cancel my vacation request...what a rollover coaster ride.
Sep 17, 2015
18 posts
6 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Crichtonfan wrote:
Oct 1st, 2018 12:58 pm
I notice that a lot of these deals seem to have US layovers. Is that why they are cheap because for many ethnicities a US layover isnt exactly exciting.
Yup. I noticed that you can save a few hundred bucks just grabbing a flight from the states if your close to the border.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
1413 posts
422 upvotes
Montreal, QC
deal may be dead but it comes and go as it is the period of. inexpensive Tokyo flight. just keep a tab of it. I saw the prices last Friday when Google flights sent me a notice as I was following prices for mid november to end of december
Dec 2, 2014
299 posts
255 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Crichtonfan wrote:
Canada national flights are expensive as only Canadian airlines could offer them. US flights are cheaper due to more competition so US airlines can compete by flying you to the US for layover since they can't land in another Canadian airport.
Nov 23, 2017
891 posts
1774 upvotes
Flew with delta this year April in economy to HND, I would dare say that they are a cut above American and United in terms of what they offer in economy. Slippers, eye masks, ear plugs, ear buds, complimentary alcohol (sake, beer, wine, gin, Prosecco, etc). Food was decent, catered to Asian and Western tastes, IFE was so so, but I would definitely fly with them again. Heck, when I was coming back from HND at check in they gave us kit kats.

Pro tip: When you are going coming back from HND go to Rokurinsha in the food court. Don’t waste your time in line for this at Tokyo station (although it’s still worth it!). There is no line here and the quality is 95% that of the Tokyo station store.

This was truly one of the best things I have ever eaten.
Feb 19, 2013
92 posts
106 upvotes
For anyone interested, just booked this past weekend via United for $791. 14 days in Tokyo then going to do a little exploring in Singapore!

Toronto>Tokyo
Tokyo>Singapore
Singapore>Toronto
tokyo.JPG
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10840 posts
998 upvotes
evange wrote:
Oct 1st, 2018 12:04 pm
Make sure you look at the layover time! Some of these itineraries are effectively impossible because you will need to clear American customs and then go through security again when transiting through the US!
Often you will go through us customs in the Canadian airport. Works like that in Toronto...not sure about Montreal.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10840 posts
998 upvotes
Crichtonfan wrote:
No that's always been the case.
Nov 23, 2017
891 posts
1774 upvotes
Crichtonfan wrote:
One thing I have experienced at us airports is that Canadians get treated better than pretty much everyone except Americans. I am not going to pretend that race isn’t an issue, but it could be worse, you could always be a *insert race here* person from a country other than Canada.

Even when coming back into Canada as a Canadian I don’t even get as good treatment as I do in the state. I have to line up like everyone else and queue for the same machines.