• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2018 3:14 am
Tags:
None
Oct 19, 2014
47 posts
21 upvotes
Saint-Laurent, QC
To me it's the complete opposite. Last time I went to Japan it was through Chicago and it was one of the worst layover experience ever. Even though it was a layover, you still had to go out of the International zone, take your luggage and check it back in (by going through security+customs again). Of course, the airline had lost half of the luggage so we waited almost an hour and a half just to get our luggage, then we found out there was a pretty decent line for security...we basically almost missed our connection because of this stupid process.
Sep 16, 2010
567 posts
167 upvotes
Mississauga
jvrizzle wrote:
Oct 1st, 2018 1:32 pm
For anyone interested, just booked this past weekend via United for $791. 14 days in Tokyo then going to do a little exploring in Singapore!

Toronto>Tokyo
Tokyo>Singapore
Singapore>Toronto

tokyo.JPG
Thank you for sharing. This price is very very tempting! :)
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2006
1603 posts
141 upvotes
North York
I clicked the link, but those 39 minute to 1 hr layovers feasible? You'll miss the flight if the gate is all the way on the other side of the airport?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
5311 posts
631 upvotes
gravufo wrote:
Oct 1st, 2018 4:06 pm
To me it's the complete opposite. Last time I went to Japan it was through Chicago and it was one of the worst layover experience ever. Even though it was a layover, you still had to go out of the International zone, take your luggage and check it back in (by going through security+customs again). Of course, the airline had lost half of the luggage so we waited almost an hour and a half just to get our luggage, then we found out there was a pretty decent line for security...we basically almost missed our connection because of this stupid process.
Did you fly West jet by any chance? I know Air Canada doesn't need you to check in again during lay overs.
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
3065 posts
1056 upvotes
gravufo wrote:
Oct 1st, 2018 4:06 pm
O’Hare is quite possibly one of the worst airports on the planet due to the staff.
Oct 19, 2014
47 posts
21 upvotes
Saint-Laurent, QC
1xTiMeR wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2018 7:56 am
Did you fly West jet by any chance? I know Air Canada doesn't need you to check in again during lay overs.
It was United unfortunately. At least the flight to Japan was with Japan Airlines which was excellent as expected.
unshavenyak wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2018 8:18 am
O’Hare is quite possibly one of the worst airports on the planet due to the staff.
You might be right, the staff was really not that great to deal with. I guess next time I'll make sure not to stop there.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
2493 posts
598 upvotes
Montreal
all I get is air china for $870 lowest
Nov 20, 2011
226 posts
120 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Majority prices are around 1000. Guess the deal is over
Jul 14, 2004
343 posts
37 upvotes
jvrizzle wrote:
Oct 1st, 2018 1:32 pm
For anyone interested, just booked this past weekend via United for $791. 14 days in Tokyo then going to do a little exploring in Singapore!

Toronto>Tokyo
Tokyo>Singapore
Singapore>Toronto
Taipei is also an option for a stop instead of Singapore for a little bit more, I booked last week for $803
YYZ-ORD-NRT
NRT-TPE
TPE-SFO-YYZ
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
3765 posts
1547 upvotes
AA/JAL are showing flights from YYZ to TYO for as low as $803.

Edit: YUL as well at $809
Feb 4, 2017
537 posts
351 upvotes
Toronto
kimwoobingsu wrote:
Oct 1st, 2018 3:47 pm
One thing I have experienced at us airports is that Canadians get treated better than pretty much everyone except Americans. I am not going to pretend that race isn’t an issue, but it could be worse, you could always be a *insert race here* person from a country other than Canada.

Even when coming back into Canada as a Canadian I don’t even get as good treatment as I do in the state. I have to line up like everyone else and queue for the same machines.
Agree with this. I have been avoiding connecting in the U.S. for the past few years but this year I finally had to connect in JFK. The staff at the airport were very friendly when they saw I was Canadian. I was shocked because they were never that friendly before.
Banned
Oct 5, 2015
951 posts
664 upvotes
Outremont, QC
It seems like you only can get that low price when the round trip is under 2 weeks
for 3 weeks+, the lowest I can find is $900+
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
3765 posts
1547 upvotes
carols110 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2018 10:57 pm
It seems like you only can get that low price when the round trip is under 2 weeks
for 3 weeks+, the lowest I can find is $900+
No. AA/JAL departing from YUL is around $810 for longer than three weeks. Departure dates at that price seem to be from Oct to early Dec, and then start up again at that same fare price for departures from late March to early May. Return flight can extend longer than that (if you wish). Check out Google Flights for what's available.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2007
1108 posts
171 upvotes
brutal wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2018 12:11 am
I clicked the link, but those 39 minute to 1 hr layovers feasible? You'll miss the flight if the gate is all the way on the other side of the airport?
If it's coming back from NRT to YYZ through ORD, it would be very difficult to make. You will have to change terminals, get luggage re-tagged and pass through security again. ORD also has one of the worse layouts out of any airport.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
3319 posts
1067 upvotes
Toronto, ON
How is delta?

Never flown with them and was hoping for an ANA deal.

But at these point, I just wanna go to Japan anyway or how.

Also, NRT or HND? which is better to flew into /out of.

Tia