Flights from Toronto to South Africa

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2019 11:52 am
[OP]
Aug 27, 2018
25 posts
25 upvotes

Flights from Toronto to South Africa

I need to leave the country today, family emergency. What would be the most quickest and costly way to get to SA from Toronto?
4 replies
Apr 26, 2019
195 posts
270 upvotes
GVA
Use Google Flights to see available flights to Cape Town or Johannesburg today and compare their prices. That's probably the best way to see compare departure times, cost and stopovers. From a quick look, the prices range for a one-way from $1100 to $1300. Maybe double or a bit less for return.

Good luck and hope your situation works out.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2538 posts
1691 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
anti666 wrote: I need to leave the country today, family emergency. What would be the most quickest and costly way to get to SA from Toronto?
Usually last minute flights are jacked up at the highest fare classes and the airlines know many times this falls under “non discretionary” travel (someone who needs to be somewhere whether business or personal).

I would just book for best available flight I could find during a family emergency.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
1242 posts
722 upvotes
Ottawa
Hopefully you already have an answer, but (courtesy of https://matrix.itasoftware.com ) a good mix of speed and cost is probably on Delta, using their 7:56pm departure tonight from Detroit which reaches Johannesburg tomorrow at 5:35pm JOH time. You can connect to it from Toronto on Delta or Westjet leaving at 3:44pm. One way cost is about $1850.

You can go a bit cheaper by flying tonight to Amsterdam and connecting to Joburg from there, but you arrive late at night.

Air Canada has a cheaper $1300 one way fare still available tonight via Zurich, but you spend the day tomorrow in Zurich and only land in Joburg Fri morning.

Returns may be less expensive if you know when you want to/are able to go back.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)