Expired Hot Deals

NCIX

Flip Video Flip Ultrahd III Digital Camcorder 720P 30FPS 2IN LCD 2x Digital Zoom 4GB

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2011 3:15 pm
[OP]
Jan 17, 2010
928 posts
413 upvotes
Port Coquitlam

[NCIX] Flip Video Flip Ultrahd III Digital Camcorder 720P 30FPS 2IN LCD 2x Digital Zoom 4GB

My first decent contribution to RFD.

NCIX has this recorder on sale @ 39.99

http://ncix.ca/products/index.php?sku=5 ... omoid=1292

PM with Staples(price @ 59.99)

http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_i ... ip+ultraii

Please note:
1. It says Ultra III in NCIX website but Ultra II at Staples. But they are the same model#: U260W CA
2. There is no stock online at staples but their stores do. I found mine in Vancouver downtown
3. Using my 20 for 40 buytopia coupon purchased few days back (wait, I also used 10% off code at buytopia and got the coupon at 18 each only), I got this pretty good HD 720p (1hr) video recorder plus a filler (Yes, I have to add a filler at 2++ to reach 40 limit with which I can use one buytopia coupon) at 19++ after tax and environmental fee. Well, pretty decent deal, isn’t it? ;)
13 replies
Oct 9, 2005
488 posts
72 upvotes
Thornhill
I bought this camcorder for $60 at bestbuy over a month ago.

bump for a good deal.
Hi
Deal Fanatic
Nov 7, 2006
7493 posts
415 upvotes
Toronto
So, basically, you're adding coupons but still paid $40 for it plus some fillers. I guess not bad.

I bought the Flip with the waterproof casing ($70 total I think).
It is fun to use. Lowlight and panning are not very good.
[OP]
Jan 17, 2010
928 posts
413 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
ppl4golf wrote: So, basically, you're adding coupons but still paid $40 for it plus some fillers. I guess not bad.

I bought the Flip with the waterproof casing ($70 total I think).
No, I paid $19++ eventually for everything since the $40 value coupon was bought at $18 from buytopia. Good for those who bought the coupons but have no idea how to spend them...lol

Yes, I noticed it is a very portable HD recorder. It may also be used as car vedio camera provided proper mounting stand could be found.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 7, 2006
7493 posts
415 upvotes
Toronto
cheney wrote: No, I paid $19++ eventually for everything since the $40 value coupon was bought at $18 from pricetopic. Good for those who bought the coupons but have no idea how to spend them...lol

Yes, I noticed it is a very portable HD recorder. It may also be used as car vedio camera provided proper mounting stand could be found.

Thanks for the clarification :)

FYI - there is a helmet tripod mount (which I also bought LOL) for $7. It is velcro so you can attach it on the roof rack. Again, not a good camera for fast motion..
Deal Fanatic
Sep 5, 2002
6630 posts
963 upvotes
cheney wrote: Well, pretty decent deal, isn’t it? ;)

Its good if you have the buytopia coupon...
May 5, 2005
735 posts
42 upvotes
Halifax
ppl4golf wrote: I bought the Flip with the waterproof casing ($70 total I think).
Where did you get the underwater case? I looked on NCIX website but only saw one that didn't fit the 1hr model that's listed here.

Does this camera only take video? Would be nice to be able to take images as well, looking for something Cheap to take snorkeling in Cozumel.
[OP]
Jan 17, 2010
928 posts
413 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
djpositivek wrote: Where did you get the underwater case? I looked on NCIX website but only saw one that didn't fit the 1hr model that's listed here.

Does this camera only take video? Would be nice to be able to take images as well, looking for something Cheap to take snorkeling in Cozumel.

Yes, this camera only take video and you are not able to change the resolution. However, the software provided may be used for clipping still image from the vedio. But I guess the quality would be lousy.
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
5156 posts
1886 upvotes
Scarborough
can this thing be used solely as an audio recorder?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 7, 2006
7493 posts
415 upvotes
Toronto
djpositivek wrote: Where did you get the underwater case? I looked on NCIX website but only saw one that didn't fit the 1hr model that's listed here.

I picked up everything from NCIX :

Helmet Tripod - was $7

Underwater casing - $70 for the UltraHD and case.

I verified the SKUs. The FLIP on sale at NCIX is the same one I got and it is UltraHD 4GB. The model on Staples looks identical to mine.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 7, 2006
7493 posts
415 upvotes
Toronto
blaznazn22 wrote: can this thing be used solely as an audio recorder?

Yes but not with the underwater casing unless you speak very, very loud.
May 5, 2005
735 posts
42 upvotes
Halifax
Does that waterproof case fit? It says *Does NOT work with Flip Ultra 1 Hour camcorders (model numbers F230 and F260)

The model listed is a 1hr and has the following model number:

U260W-CA