• Last Updated:
  • Dec 19th, 2022 1:14 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12441 posts
2183 upvotes

Flo by Moen... discontinued? Mine died just after warranty ended

I got this unit June last year from a sale posted here. The thing died on me. Warranty is only one year so nothing covered. I'm attempting to use my cc extended warranty but noticing it's not for sale anywhere in Canada anymore. Still see them for sale in the States.

Just curious if anyone knows if it will be back or discontinued, also wondering how your units are working for you.

Very disappointed in this product especially since my wife gets to say "I told you so".
15 replies
Jul 29, 2006
553 posts
742 upvotes
Ottawa
Those Flo products are ridiculously expensive. I was looking at some of the sub-100 dollar switches on this Amazon search. Bonus if you already have a ball valve on your main water line but I will have to change out my gate valve to install one. The main issue with the cheaper ones may be the longevity of the app to use it. The Bazz model may be a good option since they are an established home product supplier.

https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=smart+water+v ... _sb_noss_1

Edit: So I was just reading about the cheaper models. I guess the pro for the Flo is it's ability to cut off water based on its ability to identify leaks and act accordingly.
Dec 9, 2013
778 posts
742 upvotes
Toronto
You can order it from the American Amazon website (not amazon.ca), that's what I did about 2 years ago.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13159 posts
4271 upvotes
GTA
Give Moen a call. I've found them amazing in the past. Worth a shot.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12441 posts
2183 upvotes
Hugh Jass wrote: Give Moen a call. I've found them amazing in the past. Worth a shot.
That's what I was hoping for but they have been absolutely terrible. Not even a "sorry" or "unfortunately"....I asked them if they wanted to see the broken unit to inspect to see what happened and they just replied "your warranty is over. Thank you for your support".

Product was not built beefy enough and they know it. Usually if someone's expensive product breaks just after a year they want to know more about it.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
3476 posts
287 upvotes
Calgary
first thing see go to hd, welcome, please pay 600
6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13159 posts
4271 upvotes
GTA
slowtyper wrote: That's what I was hoping for but they have been absolutely terrible. Not even a "sorry" or "unfortunately"....I asked them if they wanted to see the broken unit to inspect to see what happened and they just replied "your warranty is over. Thank you for your support".

Product was not built beefy enough and they know it. Usually if someone's expensive product breaks just after a year they want to know more about it.
I'm actually very shocked about this. I don't think I've ever heard a bad word about their customer service. Is there a chance you got some ahole having a bad day? I'd be inclined to call again and/or post on their social media etc, companies hate that stuff.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2004
2116 posts
1221 upvotes
Oakville
slowtyper wrote: I got this unit June last year from a sale posted here. The thing died on me. Warranty is only one year so nothing covered. I'm attempting to use my cc extended warranty but noticing it's not for sale anywhere in Canada anymore. Still see them for sale in the States.

Just curious if anyone knows if it will be back or discontinued, also wondering how your units are working for you.

Very disappointed in this product especially since my wife gets to say "I told you so".
What exactly failed?
Oct 21, 2009
490 posts
624 upvotes
Mine is still working without any issues. I’ve had it for around 18 months now.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12441 posts
2183 upvotes
cba123 wrote: What exactly failed?
Oops forgot to say. Well first of all the flow rate sensor stoped working which is a common failure I found searching online. However it still worked. The valve broke. So I can close and open the valve from the app and see the knob physically turn but it does not effect the water supply. Shutoff doesn't work at all.

I would not be surprised if some people who have these installed have broken valves and don't know it because how often are they actually testing it?
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
27051 posts
11492 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Did you buy it with a credit card that doubles the warranty?
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Apr 29, 2007
903 posts
611 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Hugh Jass wrote: I'm actually very shocked about this. I don't think I've ever heard a bad word about their customer service. Is there a chance you got some ahole having a bad day? I'd be inclined to call again and/or post on their social media etc, companies hate that stuff.
Same here. I've had them send me cartridges and handles for free with no hassle. I've had a faucet set replaced for a super discounted price when my old 10+ year old faucet got clogged with calcium.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2003
2574 posts
483 upvotes
North York
Hugh Jass wrote: I'm actually very shocked about this. I don't think I've ever heard a bad word about their customer service. Is there a chance you got some ahole having a bad day? I'd be inclined to call again and/or post on their social media etc, companies hate that stuff.
They were a bit of a pain in the ass with a motionsense faucet - took a number of tries and some strong complaints before they eventually replaced the entire thing.

Otherwise, they've always been good with getting the normal cartridges through the mail, it's been a few years since I've needed one though.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2811 posts
1194 upvotes
Gta
slowtyper wrote: I got this unit June last year from a sale posted here. The thing died on me. Warranty is only one year so nothing covered. I'm attempting to use my cc extended warranty but noticing it's not for sale anywhere in Canada anymore. Still see them for sale in the States.

If your cc provide extended coverage …use it. If the item is discontinued or can’t be found…they will most likely refund you the entire cost of the unit. I had this happen with a vacuum cleaner where a part broke and because the vacuum was discontinued …I couldn’t find the part anywhere and it rendered my vacuum unusable. Amex warranty to the rescue…they refunded the whole cost.

P.s. in the past I have also found Moen customer service useless sorry to say .
Koodo member
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
13020 posts
7812 upvotes
Brampton
IIRC HD had it as an exclusive for a while on it and when they opened it up no one bothered to pick up carrying it because of the cost and was a hard sell for a problem that most people don't care about until it affects them.

If you need it badly Amazon does have it
https://amzn.to/3V8gAx9
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12441 posts
2183 upvotes
tebore wrote: IIRC HD had it as an exclusive for a while on it and when they opened it up no one bothered to pick up carrying it because of the cost and was a hard sell for a problem that most people don't care about until it affects them.

If you need it badly Amazon does have it
https://amzn.to/3V8gAx9
Oh yes that's the 1" version. The 3/4" is the one I have that is out of stock everywhere. I don't even want another one though so hopefully my credit card extended warranty comes through and just pays me out. Now getting rid of the thing is going to be a hassle as it's in a real tight space now but I'll manage