Floating Base for Shed Q's
The Plan: 12x8 base made out of 2x6 PT boards on 16" centers, with PT T&G groove plywood, resting on deck blocks. Plan was to dig out for each deck block 3-4" each and put crushed gravel underneath.
1) How many deck blocks for the 12' perimeter spans? (I was going with 4 each, 2 in the corners & 2 in the middle)
2) How many decks blocks for the 8' runs? Does each one need 1 in the middle? (total count for the base would be 19 with this arrangement)
3) Should I install blocking in a zig-zag pattern in the middle between the 8' joists?
4) Can deck blocks be partially buried to minimize the height of the base? I would like the 2x6 to be as close to the ground as possible without touching.
5) Nails only or joist hangers?