• Last Updated:
  • Jul 8th, 2021 5:50 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
16702 posts
4412 upvotes

Floor liner for automobile

I am going to pick up my new car, I would like to pick up a floor liner for front and rear rows. Where do you guys normally get a good quality of floor liner with reasonable price?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
19 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2009
1446 posts
955 upvotes
Toronto
Weathertech for the brand name, although the priciest
Findway / Tuxmat for cheaper locally made mats
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
2006 posts
1055 upvotes
Alberta
Also look at Husky Liners if you want Weathertech type coverage, but at cheaper cost.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1509 posts
1075 upvotes
WeatherTech is much more expensive, but not necessarily better. Many don't like the rubber look.

I've used Findway in the past and they are good value. I think they may be changing they supplier

TuxMat is premium looking and good if you like that look (looks too busy to me).

And finally, I really like 3D MaxPider mats now. Very clean, high quality look. High lips, and perfect fit. I know at least one car company in Canada has contacted with 3D MaxPider to make their premium all weather mats.

Last tip, you can buy 3D MaxPider and TuxMat (sold under Phantom brand) through Costco Canada for a slightly discounted price.
Aug 3, 2019
678 posts
412 upvotes
Montreal
Costco. I ordered mine from there custom cut its called Phantom but its same as TuxMat.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
16702 posts
4412 upvotes
eblend wrote: Also look at Husky Liners if you want Weathertech type coverage, but at cheaper cost.
r they good? their price is like almost half of others like weathertec, tuxmat, and 3D Max...

Updated: arr...I think they r in USD and need to add $30 extra ship to Canada...probably at the similar price range with others at the end..
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
16702 posts
4412 upvotes
multimut wrote: WeatherTech is much more expensive, but not necessarily better. Many don't like the rubber look.

I've used Findway in the past and they are good value. I think they may be changing they supplier

TuxMat is premium looking and good if you like that look (looks too busy to me).

And finally, I really like 3D MaxPider mats now. Very clean, high quality look. High lips, and perfect fit. I know at least one car company in Canada has contacted with 3D MaxPider to make their premium all weather mats.

Last tip, you can buy 3D MaxPider and TuxMat (sold under Phantom brand) through Costco Canada for a slightly discounted price.
crazyb0y wrote: Costco. I ordered mine from there custom cut its called Phantom but its same as TuxMat.
I cant order online right? need to go in store?
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
2006 posts
1055 upvotes
Alberta
kiasu wrote: r they good? their price is like almost half of others like weathertec, tuxmat, and 3D Max...

Updated: arr...I think they r in USD and need to add $30 extra ship to Canada...probably at the similar price range with others at the end..
I use used both, they are pretty much one of the same.. I bought mine on Amazon.ca before, was still cheaper than Weathertech, not by much but was.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
2006 posts
1055 upvotes
Alberta
TrainInsane wrote: Are there any reviews of Pants Saver?
https://www.costco.ca/Pants-Saver-Custo ... 16819.html
They have no side lip, so water will just run to the sides everywhere. All those other mats are pretty useless if you want good coverage. Husky and WeatherTech at least go up the sides and such and can pool a TON of water on there, rest would for sure leak out the sides much sooner.
Aug 17, 2018
904 posts
653 upvotes
Been using Findway on my last 4 cars, the best out of all due to the carpet like feel.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
49390 posts
12932 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
95thRiflesOCI wrote: Been using Findway on my last 4 cars, the best out of all due to the carpet like feel.
I love findAway matts!

Amazing look and feel. The material is designed also absorb and distribute it evenly throughout the fabric. This causes it dry easily & quickly.

However... i find that this design works a bit too well... the moisture evaporates quickly and goes into the air as humidity. In the colder winter months, this causes the windows to frost up!

I mean its probably also my habits... i just savagely jump in the car with snow covered boots... i probably should give it a little kick before entering the vehicle lol.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
7608 posts
4230 upvotes
West GTEH!
chimaican wrote: You beat me at posting my own post. :lol:
It's all good.
Have to point out your extensive review/comments about Tuxmats. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
😎
Banned
Jun 14, 2019
270 posts
221 upvotes
Toronto
Another vote for Findway, the guy is super nice, kinda sketchy at first going to purchase for the first time but used them since and beside some of the use velcros falling off the mats are built to last.

Feel is the best under the feet and cleaning them is a bit more work then just the smooth rubber but I like the cushion feeling
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
2531 posts
1447 upvotes
Ontario
I've used both Husky and WeatherTech mats on various vehicles. The Husky always seem to cover more (esp by the dead pedal), and are cheaper (esp if you find a nice sale.) The Weathertechs are good too but never seem to go on sale and are overpriced imho.
Last edited by IcarusLSC on Jul 20th, 2020 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
·Ï¢årµ§·
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
17562 posts
9898 upvotes
Ottawa
I liked my weathertechs more than the huskys for me, but I'd rather buy the tuxmats now, Way more coverage to keep water from seeping out
Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
2177 posts
1092 upvotes
Brampton, ON
When does Costco usually have their floor liners on discount?