• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2017 12:34 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
1262 posts
86 upvotes
oshawa

florida in first week of march

i got my tickets to florida taking advantage of spirit 9$ fares. Now i need to find a good and cheap beach vacation place in florida. any ideas will be very helpful.
if you dont have an answer, dont repond to my thread.
I need answers, and thats why i use redflagdeals forums.
8 replies
Banned
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
3019 upvotes
keenland
junkone wrote: i got my tickets to florida taking advantage of spirit 9$ fares. Now i need to find a good and cheap beach vacation place in florida. any ideas will be very helpful.
cheap and beach..for value..i would say anywhere around clearwater/st petes..the whole beach strip in decent enough, and you should be able to find cheap enough hotel or airbnb..not so touristy especially if you have a car..but..it all depends...

... where is your ticket to, how long and whats your budget.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
1262 posts
86 upvotes
oshawa
flying to fort lauderdale from niagara falls NY
was planning to drive to keyes.
locations close to beach would be great. budget of 100$ a day
if you dont have an answer, dont repond to my thread.
I need answers, and thats why i use redflagdeals forums.
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10930 posts
3663 upvotes
fort Lauderdale has a very nice beach and boardwalk, I don't know the pricing.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36997 posts
11419 upvotes
Ottawa
junkone wrote: flying to fort lauderdale from niagara falls NY
was planning to drive to keyes.
locations close to beach would be great. budget of 100$ a day
Surprisingly, there are very few beaches in the Florida Keys and most of those are "man made". The Keys are surrounded by coral and not much erosion to form beaches.
Not surprisingly, $100 (USD?) a day for accommodations is very difficult in the Keys at any time.
You may find $100 a day (USD) for accommodations in the Ft Lauderdale area, but not on the beach.
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”
Nov 6, 2011
284 posts
86 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
Hollywood Beach is one of our favourites and we spent a week last month at Hollywood Beach Hostel and Suites, in a private room. $100/night, on the beach and the property was amazing. For it having a hostel in the property as well, it was pretty quiet.

If you're trekking down to Key West, I recommend spending a night or two at the Blue Marlin. Absolutely amazing for the cost.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2879 posts
2271 upvotes
Toronto
Pete_Coach wrote: Surprisingly, there are very few beaches in the Florida Keys and most of those are "man made". The Keys are surrounded by coral and not much erosion to form beaches.
Not surprisingly, $100 (USD?) a day for accommodations is very difficult in the Keys at any time.
You may find $100 a day (USD) for accommodations in the Ft Lauderdale area, but not on the beach.
Ditto on Pete's advice. I find accomadations on the Keys really expensive especially for the quality.

Fort Lauderdale, Lauderdale by the Sea, and Hollywood will have more accommodations to choose from.
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
27438 posts
6807 upvotes
Cheap and the keys don't go together. Beaches aren't common in the keys either.

If you do go to the keys, check out the no name pub along the way. Maybe the best pizza I've ever had and a great atmosphere.

Since you're flying into ft Lauderdale, just stay in that area. There's great beaches and you can find cheap accommodations
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36997 posts
11419 upvotes
Ottawa
Shaner wrote: Cheap and the keys don't go together. Beaches aren't common in the keys either.

If you do go to the keys, check out the no name pub along the way. Maybe the best pizza I've ever had and a great atmosphere.

Since you're flying into ft Lauderdale, just stay in that area. There's great beaches and you can find cheap accommodations
Wish we would have known about that place :)
We were staying in Key Largo for a few days and went for a little drive one Saturday afternoon and happened upon Alabama Jacks, great place, great food, great staff and fantastic music. The only complaint is that it closes at 6:30 PM.
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)