• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2017 11:10 pm
[OP]
Dec 31, 2006
84 posts
10 upvotes
Waterloo

Florida Internet options

I'm not sure if this belongs in here, but I will be in Florida for a month and the residence I am staying at does not have internet. This is something I will need to stay connected at work. I'm asking to see if I can have internet added for the month, but in absence of that, are mobile internet options available or even better, a portable WIFI so I can connect multiple devices.

I'm driving, so a US wide portable internet would be a great option.

I'm open to suggestion and alternative options. My apologies if this is not the right place for this.

Thanks
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2013
5047 posts
635 upvotes
NORTH YORK
REP wrote: I'm not sure if this belongs in here, but I will be in Florida for a month and the residence I am staying at does not have internet. This is something I will need to stay connected at work. I'm asking to see if I can have internet added for the month, but in absence of that, are mobile internet options available or even better, a portable WIFI so I can connect multiple devices.

I'm driving, so a US wide portable internet would be a great option.

I'm open to suggestion and alternative options. My apologies if this is not the right place for this.

Thanks
Depending on your usage, this should fit your schedule (in Canadian $)

https://roammobility.com/data-plans (say 5 Gb Can$ 60)

But if you drive, there are gaps of no data zones on the highway. Likely you will have to rely on those in the service centres on the road. There are a couple of days of minor inconvenience. Otherwise it is the best option. Tethering to other devices (laptop/netbook/tablet/cell...) will be on 4g or LTE.
BTW there is not much chance for major video download given the limitation in data usage
Daniel

Fido $0 3Gb LTE + overage plan until Feb 2019
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
34101 posts
7706 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Rogers ROAM like home would be the easiest, however, they raised the price to $6 per day up to a maximum of 10 days per billing cycle. If you go for a month, the most they can charge you is $120

But I am not sure if your data plan is sufficient for your needs
Jun 1, 2008
714 posts
232 upvotes
Richmond Hill
You can buy a Verizon Prepaid Jetpack for Portable Wifi.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2008
1490 posts
765 upvotes
Get the $55 T-mobile plan with unlimited internet and run off of your phone hotspot. For $5 add unlimited calling to canada... and you are DONE!
There are 10 kinds of people in the world... Those who understand binary and those who don't 💡