1662 posts
1336 upvotes

Robin Hood /Ardent Flour 20kg - 19.07$

Deal Link:
Price:
19.07$
Retailer:
Flour Confections
Found this store in Pickering (20 min drive). They are offering contactless pick-up and they sell tons of things and various types of flour. Bought 20kg unbleached for 19$ today.

Nice little business, highly recommended - no affiliation as I just discovered them via Google yesterday :)

Pick ups are done Noon - 4PM.

Hope this helps people looking for flour since that seems be a problem in a lot of the stores. Plus this is contactless, no need to visit a store and wait in line.
10 replies
Jun 14, 2011
546 posts
536 upvotes
Richmond Hill
10KG Roses for $8 at NoFrills, but I think those are bleached? Is there a huge difference??
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
1869 posts
2329 upvotes
GTA
Always good to support small businesses, especially in a time like this, plus unbleached which is hard to find.
Though it is very local (curbside pickup east of GTA as I can't see them shipping 10kg of flour), and if you don't care about bleached vs. unbleached, you can buy cheaper flour, like the above post points out.
Whether unbleached matters to you is something you need to decide, similarly organic or other specialty flours.

All that said, I don't think I've ever seen Robin Hood (or Five Roses) unbleached this cheap, so this does qualify as a (local) hot deal.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
1662 posts
1336 upvotes
xXKEIXx wrote: 10KG Roses for $8 at NoFrills, but I think those are bleached? Is there a huge difference??
I ve had at least 6 online orders lately via Pc Express, Instacart or Metro and none of the shoppers were able to find flour, always empty shelves, so I guess it's kinda hit or miss....
Aug 27, 2006
394 posts
844 upvotes
GTA
Flour Confection is a well known establishment especially for the custom cake business places.
I've been there once when I drove through Pickering.
I think people in the GTA usually order online.
Dec 3, 2005
718 posts
712 upvotes
S
karlb wrote: Always good to support small businesses, especially in a time like this, plus unbleached which is hard to find.
Though it is very local (curbside pickup east of GTA as I can't see them shipping 10kg of flour), and if you don't care about bleached vs. unbleached, you can buy cheaper flour, like the above post points out.
Whether unbleached matters to you is something you need to decide, similarly organic or other specialty flours.

All that said, I don't think I've ever seen Robin Hood (or Five Roses) unbleached this cheap, so this does qualify as a (local) hot deal.
I buy unbleached Ardent Mills flour 20kg from Costco business center for ~$15
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
1662 posts
1336 upvotes
MELPOMENE wrote: I buy unbleached Ardent Mills flour 20kg from Costco business center for ~$15
True, I used to do that but my card expired and I won't renew it soon. I called Costco business center and confirmed they have flour but I prefer not to go into a store in person. Also, this would be only valid for Costco members (paid membership) as they don't deliver this product (flour) online.
Nov 24, 2018
200 posts
40 upvotes
Tried searching robin hood wheat flour that i use in my bread machine.
Any other alternative wheat flour options?
(Tried the great value from walmart and it wasnt good)
Any thoughts friends???
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2007
1131 posts
566 upvotes
Toronto
smackioio wrote: Found this store in Pickering (20 min drive). They are offering contactless pick-up and they sell tons of things and various types of flour. Bought 20kg unbleached for 19$ today.

Nice little business, highly recommended - no affiliation as I just discovered them via Google yesterday :)

Pick ups are done Noon - 4PM.

Hope this helps people looking for flour since that seems be a problem in a lot of the stores. Plus this is contactless, no need to visit a store and wait in line.
Same bag is around $13 at Costco Business Centre in Scarborough.

I'm not having much success baking sourdough with this flour. I found the Bulk Barn unbleached bread flour superior, although they don't have any stock now. Anyone knows who their supplier is?
Mar 14, 2009
398 posts
489 upvotes
Toronto
mawzi wrote: Same bag is around $13 at Costco Business Centre in Scarborough.

I'm not having much success baking sourdough with this flour. I found the Bulk Barn unbleached bread flour superior, although they don't have any stock now. Anyone knows who their supplier is?
In case it's still helpful for you, their supplier is Grain Process Enterprises for a lot of their flours.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2007
1131 posts
566 upvotes
Toronto
dillybravo wrote: In case it's still helpful for you, their supplier is Grain Process Enterprises for a lot of their flours.
These guys don't open on the weekend anymore.