• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2019 1:02 pm
[OP]
Aug 13, 2009
98 posts
6 upvotes

Flyer delivery question

Hello,

About a year ago I moved into a new home and I was getting a flyer package every week and then suddenly it stopped about three months ago. Yesterday I noticed that my neighbours got the flyers and I saw the car doing the deliveries pass by my house and ignore it. I did not have time to catch up and ask them about it but would anyone know why they would skip one particular house? Are these paid services in some areas of Toronto? Maybe the previous owners cancelled a subscription?

Thanks
8 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15189 posts
12344 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Weekly Paper flyer deliveries are going the way of the DoDo bird
Too expensive to print & distribute
And all that extra paper... bad for the planet
(Plus no one wants to walk around in the weather for pennies to distribute... the day of the kid Paper-route are over)

And, a whole lot of people don’t want the bother of paper flyers left at their door

You need to check out Flipp.ca

It has everything you want from Paper Flyers
And more

You’ll have access to probably a 100 Flyers for various Retailers in your area
Organized by category (grocery, pharmacy, homegoods etc)

Then you can browse to your hearts content
Make an e-Shopping List
Compare prices
Search for particular items etc

I was a huge paper flyer fan
Until I discovered Flipp
Now there’s no going back
It’s like a zillion times better
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7957 posts
4565 upvotes
Alberta
x2 for Flipp.ca or the Flipp app. We haven't received flyers for about 4 years now.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12991 upvotes
Where do I sign up for this service?
I'm surprised people look at paper flyers any more.

There's only a few stores I go to anyway so it's trivial to just hit the PDF once in a while.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
3366 posts
1982 upvotes
Edmonton
dfiguero wrote: Hello,

About a year ago I moved into a new home and I was getting a flyer package every week and then suddenly it stopped about three months ago. Yesterday I noticed that my neighbours got the flyers and I saw the car doing the deliveries pass by my house and ignore it. I did not have time to catch up and ask them about it but would anyone know why they would skip one particular house? Are these paid services in some areas of Toronto? Maybe the previous owners cancelled a subscription?

Thanks
Call the flyer distribution company in your area. There is an opt-out service. It sounds like you may have somehow been put on that list.

Also, do you subscribe to newspaper delivery because flyers typically are included with newspapers and if you subscribe, you may be automatically deleted from the regular service?

I know that in my area, the flyer service has a website and you can even submit an online complaint if you are not receiving them.
Dec 8, 2008
268 posts
246 upvotes
Winnipeg
In my area flyer delivery is tied into the newspaper subscription.
[OP]
Aug 13, 2009
98 posts
6 upvotes
Thank you all, I guess I will try Flipp
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13355 posts
2251 upvotes
City of Vancouver
U can call whoever distributes the flyers to complain. Here, the flyers come with the community newspaper, and there is a distribution number on page 3 or whatever.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Reverse dysfunction one step at a time.
Adversity is a growth opportunity. Change happens at the periphery.
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
11339 posts
3570 upvotes
Toronto
Becks wrote: U can call whoever distributes the flyers to complain. Here, the flyers come with the community newspaper, and there is a distribution number on page 3 or whatever.
+1

Call to complain.
I think it is more work for them to skip certain house than just throwing a stack of flyers in front of every houses.

In some neighbourhood where some people never use their main door (they come and leave using the garage entrance), I often see few stack of weekly flyers in front of their front door or stairs and the house owner never bother to pick them up or throw it to recycle. Even their flyers are dropped on their driveway, they just drive over it.......... :facepalm:

I use both online and paper flyers.
The community flyers sometimes includes coupons and such where you don't get it on flipp or you have to go to save.ca to print it out on your own.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015