Hamilton - Iceland discounted flights

Deal Link:
Price:
$250 USD
Expiry:
January 31, 2023
Retailer:
FlyPay
might be 'fly-by-my-pants' or a great deal... vis my email saw this deal via FlyPlay - deals from certain areas to Iceland, other European locations... to make a short story shorter... signed-up, went thru the process, final results leaving from Hamilton Ont - to Reykjavik, Ice. - total damage return flight was $250 USD... didn't try the accompanying hotel deals because the plan over 2 weeks is to travel around as much as possible... never heard of the airline so it's a mystery right now...
Last edited by renovision on Jan 11th, 2023 9:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
33 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
4645 posts
880 upvotes
Trying to look for flights to London but its erroring out for me.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2007
1137 posts
845 upvotes
Kitchener
renovision wrote: might be 'fly-by-my-pants' or a great deal... vis my email saw this deal via FlyPlay - deals from certain areas to Iceland, and other European locations... to make a short story shorter... signed-up, went thru the process, final results leaving from Hamilton Ont - to Reykjavik, Ice. - total damage return flight was $250 USD... didn't try the accompanying hotel deals because the plan over 2 weeks is to travel around as much as possible... never heard of the airline so it's a mystery right now...
they are discounted European airlines and are entering the North American market. They will have discounted flights to many European cities from Hamilton, ON airport. There was an article on CTV on them a couple of days ago.
Last edited by caraj4u on Jan 11th, 2023 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Dec 13, 2013
196 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah - the timing out thing happened once for me too - just refreshed and after a few sec it worked…
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2006
2449 posts
726 upvotes
just be ready to spend $12+ for a coffee and a croissant at the airport in iceland while waiting for your next flight
For sale threads:
GCs / Coins
Cloth / Phones/
Sep 21, 2020
203 posts
194 upvotes
redkid wrote: just be ready to spend $12+ for a coffee and a croissant at the airport in iceland while waiting for your next flight
Same as in Toronto pretty much then.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
1905 posts
1460 upvotes
I am selecting origin=YHM destination=KEF and the Search flights button is greyed out.
Aug 4, 2004
646 posts
501 upvotes
elfion wrote: I am selecting origin=YHM destination=KEF and the Search flights button is greyed out.
I believe they start flying in June.. trying to move your dates.

You can also change to CAD$ at the home page before doing flight search.
I wasn't able to get as low as $325 but found many $350 return in Sept/Oct..

I wanted to get a ticket to London but there is no option to get free stop over in Iceland.. I want to visit Iceland again. it is beautiful.
Jun 11, 2019
52 posts
40 upvotes
Bringing a carryon is an extra ~$100 so it works out to around $450 CAD.

Quick google flights search is showing ~$800 with other airlines.

Solid deal if getting to Hamilton isn't a pain in the arse for you.
Temp. Banned
Jun 20, 2020
17142 posts
22932 upvotes
Toronto
AbdullahI93996 wrote: Bringing a carryon is an extra ~$100 so it works out to around $450 CAD.

By using Hamilton, PLAY will pay significantly lower fees than it would at Pearson.

They also will fly 1x daily
  • Keflavik to Hamilton: OG201, 14:50-17:10 (6h 20m block)
  • Hamilton to Keflavik: OG202, 18:35-04:20+1 (5h 45m)
Destiny is all
Dec 26, 2012
673 posts
616 upvotes
Hamilton
tfong010 wrote: Not a cheap place to visit.
it's crazy expensive but a great place. I was limiting my consumption there for sure. a burger at a bar worked out to be like $35. The cheapest place to get alcohol there is the airport so make sure you grab it there/
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2013
1116 posts
254 upvotes
ON
AbdullahI93996 wrote: Bringing a carryon is an extra ~$100 so it works out to around $450 CAD.

Carry on? $100? How much is a checked bag, $200?
Sep 29, 2010
555 posts
799 upvotes
Notes:
  • Factor in the cost of getting to Hamilton - Go Train + Cab, or Gas+Parking, etc
  • Iceland is beautiful, but expensive AF. Definitely check it out at least once for about a week, but avoid it as a cheap 1-2 day stopover - you'll pay for it.
  • IIRC, Iceland's tourism board regularly subsidizes flights as stopovers there. I see a lot of deals through KEF. While this is pretty good, it's not spectacular
  • You definitely need a carry-on. It's always colder there than here. If you want to buy/donate wardrobe there, it won't be cheap
  • Have a good water-resistant jacket and waterproof boots in Iceland. The cold isn't terrible unless you get wet, and it can rain quite a bit.
[OP]
Dec 13, 2013
196 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto
Lots of opinions... been going on a trip a month since retiring, cheaper the flight the better, trying to hit different places/get things off the bucket list so to speak & yes heard about the high costs associated w/Iceland -guess all I can say is U only live once - should invest in a good camera since generally along w/the high costs most ppl agree about the scenic beauty of Iceland...
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3835 posts
1705 upvotes
Toronto
London connecting flights go into Stansted
other option for England is Liverpool but the prices are very high with Play.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
12721 posts
3162 upvotes
Mississauga
mmartins25 wrote: Same as in Toronto pretty much then.
YYZ has Tim Hortons though at a regular price point. Not saying it's amazing, but at least it's an option unlike at KEF.
pdipps wrote: It's always colder there than here
Icelandic winters are usually milder than Toronto's due to the Gulf Stream. You might feel colder there as you're outside for much of the day while travelling as opposed to here.
Sep 10, 2017
91 posts
144 upvotes
Talamasca wrote: YYZ has Tim Hortons though at a regular price point. Not saying it's amazing, but at least it's an option unlike at KEF.
Not at regular price points. The one inside Pearson is more expensive. And you can't even use the app to place an order.

Source: I've been there in December
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
12721 posts
3162 upvotes
Mississauga
ThiagoSCF wrote: Not at regular price points. The one inside Pearson is more expensive. And you can't even use the app to place an order.

Source: I've been there in December
It's not $12 for a coffee and croissant there either. I was just there as well and it wasn't significantly more expensive than a regular location.
Last edited by Talamasca on Jan 11th, 2023 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 10, 2017
91 posts
144 upvotes
Talamasca wrote: It's not $12 for a coffee and croissant either.
I didn't say it was. But probably close to $10 after tax