Fongo home phone and caller id

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 10th, 2021 9:58 pm
[OP]
Jul 21, 2021
61 posts
154 upvotes

Fongo home phone and caller id

Hey, sorry if this is the wrong forum. I have been reading up on Fongo and it seems great, but I have read people saying that when they get a phone call it won't show the callers name. Is that still a problem or has that been fixed recently. Also, is there anything else I should know about Fongo (good or bad). TIA.
Last edited by thegame99 on Sep 10th, 2021 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
12127 posts
15187 upvotes
Vancouver
thegame99 wrote: Hey, sorry if this is the wrong forum. I have been reading up on Fongo and it seems great, but I have read people saying that when they get a phone call it won't show the callers name. Is that still a problem or has that been fixed recently. Also, is there anything else I should know about Fongo (good or bad). TIA.
I used Fongo for years but finally gave up on it because it became extremely unreliable. You have to open the app at least once an hour, or else it goes to “sleep” and when you have an incoming call, instead of your phone ringing, you get a notification of a missed call. And yes I had background app refresh enabled and all my settings right. So if you expect to use your phone for receiving calls you need to answer right away, I’d steer clear of Fongo.
[OP]
Jul 21, 2021
61 posts
154 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: I used Fongo for years but finally gave up on it because it became extremely unreliable. You have to open the app at least once an hour, or else it goes to “sleep” and when you have an incoming call, instead of your phone ringing, you get a notification of a missed call. And yes I had background app refresh enabled and all my settings right. So if you expect to use your phone for receiving calls you need to answer right away, I’d steer clear of Fongo.
I should have been more clear. I meant Fongo hone phone. Sorry about that.
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2004
1304 posts
513 upvotes
Toronto
thegame99 wrote: I should have been more clear. I meant Fongo hone phone. Sorry about that.
Caller id has been working for me the last while.