[Fonus] Fonus - unlimited phone plan US$ 30

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2020 3:25 pm
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
19675 posts
12772 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
AsianXL wrote: Fonus is not listed as a certified partner by any of the carriers he listed on his website. That's a huge red flag to me.
He's not an MVNO. From what I can deduce he's just roaming on their networks. That won't end well once they catch on.
veni, vidi, Visa
Dec 15, 2012
541 posts
235 upvotes
Toronto
AsianXL wrote: I'm a bit reluctant to activate it. Who knows if this service will last even a year from now. Fonus is not listed as a certified partner by any of the carriers he listed on his website. That's a huge red flag to me.
use it while it lasts?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
19675 posts
12772 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
misterlamed wrote: use it while it lasts?
Depends on how long it lasts and how it dies.

Sudden death is one thing. You're out the cost of the SIM and a month's service. That alone may offset any savings compared to a Canadian carrier's plan.

But death by slow torture is even worse. First you have to endure poor signals, unreliable connections, slow data speeds, maybe extra charges, etc. before you're finally put out of your and Simon's misery.

Thanks but no thanks.
veni, vidi, Visa
Dec 15, 2012
541 posts
235 upvotes
Toronto
bylo wrote: Depends on how long it lasts and how it dies.

Sudden death is one thing. You're out the cost of the SIM and a month's service. That alone may offset any savings compared to a Canadian carrier's plan.

But death by slow torture is even worse. First you have to endure poor signals, unreliable connections, slow data speeds, maybe extra charges, etc. before you're finally put out of your and Simon's misery.

Thanks but no thanks.
I got my 30$'s worth already 🤷🏻‍♂️3 months of service (most of it was at home but within the 1st month I was streaming live over 3 hours in HD so used 10GB of data) so I'm good whatever happens
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
19675 posts
12772 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
misterlamed wrote: I got my 30$'s worth already 🤷🏻‍♂️3 months of service (most of it was at home but within the 1st month I was streaming live over 3 hours in HD so used 10GB of data) so I'm good whatever happens
I'm on a Fido $15/mon 4GB data-only plan(*) with 50% discount so I'm paying even less for a far more reliable service. And they even threw in a free tablet. Some are getting it for 24 months at 100% off.

Everything is relative.

(*) There are RFD threads about this.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2047 posts
906 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
bylo wrote: I'm on a Fido $15/mon 4GB data-only plan(*) with 50% discount so I'm paying even less for a far more reliable service. And they even threw in a free tablet. Some are getting it for 24 months at 100% off.

Everything is relative.

Can you still get that plan without being a Fido post-paid customer?
What happened to the thread that discussed this?
I can't seem to find it.
Dec 15, 2012
541 posts
235 upvotes
Toronto
bylo wrote: I'm on a Fido $15/mon 4GB data-only plan(*) with 50% discount so I'm paying even less for a far more reliable service. And they even threw in a free tablet. Some are getting it for 24 months at 100% off.

Everything is relative.

Yeah I saw that post too bad I wasn’t with Fuso and was with Rogers at that time. Oh well I still benefited from this so I’m good