Expired Hot Deals

[Food Basics] Quaker Oatmeal ($0.38/$0.88) or Life Cereal ($0.63) with Caddle and/or Tasty Rewards

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2020 9:24 am
[OP]
Jan 6, 2013
198 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto

Quaker Oatmeal ($0.38/$0.88) or Life Cereal ($0.63) with Caddle and/or Tasty Rewards

Deal Link:
Price:
$0.38
Retailer:
Food Basics
First page of Food Basics flyer (Jan 23 - 29) has got Quaker brand instant oatmeal, quick oats and Life cereal for $1.88 each.

Cash back app Caddle has offers for $1.00 back per instant oatmeal single box or $2.00 back when you buy two (limit of 2 on each redemption for total of max 6)
$1.88 - $1.00 = $0.88

EDIT: Tasty Rewards has also got a $0.50 off coupon on Quaker instant oats. Therefore, a single box of instant oats can be acquired for as little as $0.38.

Caddle also has offers for $1.25 back per Life cereal or $2.50 back when you buy two (limit of 2 on each redemption for total of max 6)
$1.88 - $1.25 = $0.63

Note, many cashback apps require a minimum $20 cash out.

Price match at No Frills this weekend and receive 4000 Optimum points for every $10 spend on Quaker oatmeal or cereal for further savings.
Last edited by masterdealio on Jan 24th, 2020 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
8078 posts
5916 upvotes
North York
I don't see such offer on Caddle, but I've redeemed and got approved for Buy 1 Quaker Oats get back $1.50 this week.
Nov 1, 2016
648 posts
644 upvotes
Toronto
It's a YMMV with Caddle offers. They often appear and then disappear. Best to open your caddle while at the store. If it is there, purchase and then upload the receipt ASAP.
Nov 10, 2011
356 posts
288 upvotes
St. Catharines
This past Friday when we did the Sobeys Blue Friday Quaker instant oatmeal deal, we found that my wife had fewer Quaker offers than I did. Also the Caddle offers sometimes change on a Thursday, so as already stated, check your personal offers before buying.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some days I think that I am the only person who knows how to use Google.
Nov 1, 2016
648 posts
644 upvotes
Toronto
Caddle users beware.

The last two weeks I have been taking advantage of the Quaker Life,CapN crunch, Quaker rice cake and oatmeal deals. I would buy them and upload the receipts.

This week I got 3 of my receipts approved from last week. However the amount stated that was added to my balance was not reflected - 3 transactions in a row. I kept an eye on it. I am not sure if you guys check your balances but I did.
The first one I was short changed $3.75 which was a Quaker life cereal offer that was approved. I wrote to them with a screenshot of my balance which did not show the reflected approved amount.

The second one I was short changed $4 (approved for $10 and saw $6 credited to my account). Not sure which offers were not included even though all the offers were approved.

Third one, I got short changed $9! An approval of $12 (for my multiple offers) was stated that it was added to my account balance and I only saw $3 reflected on my account. Again I took screenshots of the balances prior to approval and the amount after the approval showing $9 was missing.

This is very annoying to a Caddle customer. I encourage you guys to double check your approved offers and verify the amounts that they stated to have added to your account to make sure you are not getting short changed.
Jan 21, 2020
2 posts
1 upvote
crayola1 wrote: Caddle users beware.

The last two weeks I have been taking advantage of the Quaker Life,CapN crunch, Quaker rice cake and oatmeal deals. I would buy them and upload the receipts.

This week I got 3 of my receipts approved from last week. However the amount stated that was added to my balance was not reflected - 3 transactions in a row. I kept an eye on it. I am not sure if you guys check your balances but I did.
The first one I was short changed $3.75 which was a Quaker life cereal offer that was approved. I wrote to them with a screenshot of my balance which did not show the reflected approved amount.

The second one I was short changed $4 (approved for $10 and saw $6 credited to my account). Not sure which offers were not included even though all the offers were approved.

Third one, I got short changed $9! An approval of $12 (for my multiple offers) was stated that it was added to my account balance and I only saw $3 reflected on my account. Again I took screenshots of the balances prior to approval and the amount after the approval showing $9 was missing.

This is very annoying to a Caddle customer. I encourage you guys to double check your approved offers and verify the amounts that they stated to have added to your account to make sure you are not getting short changed.
Not all offers are approved at the same time, even if it is on the same product. If you look into your Account history..they are probably still pending approval. I was told some are approved from an automated system, and some are done by a person.
Nov 1, 2016
648 posts
644 upvotes
Toronto
LaurieC5157 wrote: Not all offers are approved at the same time, even if it is on the same product. If you look into your Account history..they are probably still pending approval. I was told some are approved from an automated system, and some are done by a person.
If it is still pending approval then I understand but my emails from Caddle specifically states the specified amount was credited to my account and that is not reflected so when I saw my balance.

My account history also shows green check marks beside the offers which would be my assumption that it was approved. Right now I have zero pending approvals in my account history.
Jan 21, 2020
2 posts
1 upvote
Thanks for the heads up...just did a bunch of calculations...I thought mine was off too...but my account history doesn't reflect one of my cash outs...so I think mine is fine.
Nov 10, 2011
356 posts
288 upvotes
St. Catharines
YMMV ... but here's how I did this morning. Bought 2 bags of Quaker Quick Oats at 1.88, redeemed .50 cpn from Tasty Rewards, and uploaded receipt to Caddle for $3. Final price? $.26 for 2kg of Quaker Oats.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some days I think that I am the only person who knows how to use Google.
Nov 1, 2016
648 posts
644 upvotes
Toronto
cpfan wrote: YMMV ... but here's how I did this morning. Bought 2 bags of Quaker Quick Oats at 1.88, redeemed .50 cpn from Tasty Rewards, and uploaded receipt to Caddle for $3. Final price? $.26 for 2kg of Quaker Oats.
Works out to $.24 made. If you have the offer $1 WUB 1 Quaker oats, upload that offer too as I was told in another forum that it is stackable
[OP]
Jan 6, 2013
198 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
Price matching with No Frills will further allow for points earnings on purchases of Quaker oats or cereal.

$10 spend on Quaker oats or cereal receives 4000 Optimum points.

Can essentially purchase 6 boxes of instant oatmeal for $0.13 a box when combining Tasty rewards, Caddle and PC Optimum when price matching Food Basics at No Frills.