• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2021 5:10 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 2, 2013
1959 posts
3959 upvotes
Bloor-Yonge

[Foodbasics] Selection Brand Large eggs $1.97 a dozen. Limit of 3. May 20-May 26

Selection Brand Large eggs $1.97 a dozen. Limit of 3. May 20-May 26
$3 regular price
Images
  • eggs 1.97.PNG
Last edited by oicthat2013 on May 19th, 2021 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
28 replies
Jun 28, 2014
425 posts
445 upvotes
Ajax, ON
Good deal but I stopped shopping there after so many trips trying to get the fresh lamb which made me wonder if they really had it at all. Also, If they advertise "while supplies last" don't bother because they probably have 6. Total baiting tactics

Upvoted OP for the post but not gonna waste my time going there
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
10396 posts
4278 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
Jazzee01 wrote: Good deal but I stopped shopping there after so many trips trying to get the fresh lamb which made me wonder if they really had it at all. Also, If they advertise "while supplies last" don't bother because they probably have 6. Total baiting tactics

Alternatively you can go to Shoppers every Saturday, Sunday and get them for $2.29
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
9273 posts
7383 upvotes
Kitchener
Have been looking for sale eggs but refuse to pay $3. Thanks OP!
Mar 15, 2013
753 posts
391 upvotes
Fredericton
Jazzee01 wrote: Good deal but I stopped shopping there after so many trips trying to get the fresh lamb which made me wonder if they really had it at all. Also, If they advertise "while supplies last" don't bother because they probably have 6. Total baiting tactics

Not lamb but I just use their flyer to price match everything else at No Frills and you almost always will get it.
Aug 7, 2012
138 posts
268 upvotes
For me, I'll just price match at superstore, thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3638 posts
1438 upvotes
Toronto

I had no problem getting the $3.97 lb leg of lamb 2 weeks ago at the Westney location.
Dec 15, 2012
696 posts
391 upvotes
Toronto
brianfoo wrote: For me, I'll just price match at superstore, thanks OP!
Does brand matter when you price match??
Nov 10, 2003
846 posts
214 upvotes
misterlamed wrote: Does brand matter when you price match??
YMMV. Some stores will not price match because this is a "Compliments" brand and the store doesn't sell that brand. I know my local No Frills is a stickler and would not price match.
Jul 18, 2006
824 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto
gmoney506 wrote: Not lamb but I just use their flyer to price match everything else at No Frills and you almost always will get it.
This is what I do. You also get higher quality veggies / fruit... but the cashiers hate you. These eggs here are selection so no frills might deny you.
Last edited by antime1 on May 19th, 2021 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 24, 2004
947 posts
562 upvotes
Scarborough
It does. No Frills and RCSS do not carry the Selection brand, that's specific to FB, Metro and other stores in that group
Aug 7, 2012
138 posts
268 upvotes
I guess it's YMWV, but my local Superstore doesn't care, as long as its the same QTY of eggs and same type of eggs (free range/organic/conventional)
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
3367 posts
715 upvotes
Winnipeg
For people in Winnipeg, Save-On-Foods has a dozen large eggs for $1.99 starting last week... I think the last day is today... the flyer says limit 2, but in-store there is no limit indicated... I bought 6 dozen and it was still $1.99 after the 2nd scan in self service and thru the cashier..
Jun 5, 2007
529 posts
243 upvotes
North York
GSD wrote: I had no problem getting the $3.97 lb leg of lamb 2 weeks ago at the Westney location.
Can u tell me what you did with that let?? Details pls
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19519 posts
2234 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
How many in a tray; 30? Freshco seems to have large tray for $5 every other week. Regular price is $7 I think.
Nov 10, 2011
989 posts
989 upvotes
St. Catharines
Supercooled wrote: How many in a tray; 30? Freshco seems to have large tray for $5 every other week. Regular price is $7 I think.
If you mean the 1.97 special, it's 12 eggs as indicated in the title of this thread. Just checked the local FreshCO flyers in Reebee. They don't have eggs on sale in the current flyer or the one that starts tomorrow. Thus I could not check to see if the 30/$5 deal that you mentioned was for large or medium eggs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some days I think that I am the only person who knows how to use Google.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 2, 2013
1959 posts
3959 upvotes
Bloor-Yonge
Supercooled wrote: How many in a tray; 30? Freshco seems to have large tray for $5 every other week. Regular price is $7 I think.
the only deal i found on flyers was 30 medium eggs for $4.88, back in april 1 for freshco
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3638 posts
1438 upvotes
Toronto
hash76 wrote: Can u tell me what you did with that let?? Details pls
Rub garlic, dijon mustard, italian seasoning and roast in the oven
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1616 posts
676 upvotes
GTA
Selection is Food Basics' house brand. You can ask No Frills/RCSS or FreshCo to match Food Basics' price on No Name or Compliments (their house brands) equivalent items.