Expired Hot Deals

[Foodland] Foodland ON: Buy $150 Gift Card (valid at Freshco/Sobeys) get 150 Air Miles

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 4th, 2017 3:41 pm
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
20483 posts
3160 upvotes
Waterloo
BoogieMan wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 2:06 pm
Was not able to use Foodland GC at Freshco yesterday. Crying Face
Which GC? which FreshCo?
Did they actually swipe? (which will work). I've had cashier unsure of it working, until they actually swiped it

The one I got recently (Apple only, says Foodland only) works at my local FreshCo, as recent as last week
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K || SPG 25K
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
5433 posts
289 upvotes
TO
BoogieMan wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 2:06 pm
Was not able to use Foodland GC at Freshco yesterday. Crying Face
What? Is this new? Have they changed the systems now - many people above have mentioned they were able to unless because logo is now removed from the GC they wont let you.
Achieva Financial / Tangerine / EQ Bank member

RIP Marriott Visa card :(

You need someone with an umbrella not a fork
Aug 3, 2006
713 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
jerryhung wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 2:12 pm
Which GC? which FreshCo?

Did they actually swipe? (which will work). I've had cashier unsure of it working, until they actually swiped it
Yes I know it would work if swiped but the cashier refused to swipe and even stated that it's a foodland card, not Freshco. I had a relative report this to me and location was Midland and Lawrence in Scarborough. I'll have to try it myself with some insisting at some point but I never go grocery shopping myself Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Which location did you use it at? There are so many cashiers so it's YMMV with different results even at the same location.

My card is the same with Apple+Foodland.
Last edited by BoogieMan on Oct 4th, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
5433 posts
289 upvotes
TO
It clearly says on their site, it will work at freschco http://ontario.foodland.ca/gift-cards/ click on the link included on page it goes to Sobey's HQ site page which says: Freshco price chopper, chalo fresco etc.
Achieva Financial / Tangerine / EQ Bank member

RIP Marriott Visa card :(

You need someone with an umbrella not a fork
Jun 29, 2010
812 posts
176 upvotes
Foodland sometimes has some great deals - Got some Delissio pizza last week for $3 each.
Opened the flyer and it says "Marvel Mania coming soon! Get your Air Miles card ready!" What?
Are they going to have Hulk Flank Steaks? Iron Man Repulsor Stew? Spider-Man Radioactive Bites?
Very curious.
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
20483 posts
3160 upvotes
Waterloo
BoogieMan wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 2:16 pm
Yes I know it would work if swiped but the cashier refused to swipe and even stated that it's a foodland card, not Freshco. I had a relative report this to me and location was Midland and Lawrence in Scarborough. I'll have to try it myself with some insisting at some point but I never go grocery shopping myself Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Which location did you use it at? There are so many cashiers so it's YMMV with different results even at the same location.

My card is the same with Apple+Foodland.
I used at Waterloo FreshCo, with many cashiers. Your relative should've just asked for supervisor, or try different lane
TorontoEh wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 2:18 pm
It clearly says on their site, it will work at freschco http://ontario.foodland.ca/gift-cards/ click on the link included on page it goes to Sobey's HQ site page which says: Freshco price chopper, chalo fresco etc.
I'll quote the text here, so that people can use it in future
Gift Cards are available in amounts between $5 and $500, and can be used at any of our banners Foodland, Sobeys, Price Chopper and FreshCo across Canada.
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K || SPG 25K
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2003
1355 posts
488 upvotes
Psychopathetic wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 2:20 pm
Foodland sometimes has some great deals - Got some Delissio pizza last week for $3 each.
Opened the flyer and it says "Marvel Mania coming soon! Get your Air Miles card ready!" What?
Are they going to have Hulk Flank Steaks? Iron Man Repulsor Stew? Spider-Man Radioactive Bites?
Very curious.
Marvel mania are stupid little marvel toys

http://airmilesmarvelmania.ca/en/home