Expired Contests

[Once]

FoodNetwork.ca/Shaw Media -- Community Scavenger Hunt Contest (Ends Feb 26/12 - BLOG)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2012 10:30 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
1555 posts
15126 upvotes

FoodNetwork.ca/Shaw Media -- Community Scavenger Hunt Contest (Ends Feb 26/12 - BLOG)

Enter: Send your email to [email protected] and the subject title should read “Community Scavenger Hunt”

Rules: http://www.foodnetwork.ca/blogs/FoodNew ... /?id=47734

February 6 -- Over the next 13 (business days) starting today - we'll be giving away 13 amazing themed prize packs.

How This Giveaway Works:

Over the course of the next 13 business days (Monday – Friday), a new blog post will appear on our site with a question.

You must answer all 13 questions and send in one email containing all of the answers.

Giveaway posts will run from February 6 to February 22, 2012.

Winner announced on February 27, 2012 so you have a chance to collect your answers and send in your email. Be sure to read the to-do list, as there may be an addition to it, if so it'll be bolded.

The to-do list:

• Send your email to [email protected]
• The subject title should read “Community Scavenger Hunt”
• Provide all 13 answers ex. Day 1 answer is…
• Include your full name, phone number and address
• Include your foodnetwork.ca username
• You can request the theme package you’re interested in, I’ll do my best to accommodate
• Please see giveaway rules

Prizes – These are the prizes that are posted so far:

Day 1: consists of one T-fal 26cm nonstick frying pan, one T-fal Debut 5-qt Jumbo Cooker, one Cuisinart 14”x20” Bamboo Board, 4 piece wood spoon set, one Now Designs Terry-Comb Teatowel, one cookbook 750 Best Appetizers (ARV$215).

Day 2: consists of one Black & Decker 10 speed blender, one Table Topics Conversation Starter, a set of six Trudeau Bohemia Martini Glasses, a set of four Harman Luxury Circles Coasters, a set of four Harman Luxury Lunar Coasters, one cookbook called 400 Blender Cocktails (ARV $170).

Day 3: consists of one KitchenAid 6qt Oval Cast Iron Covered Dutch Oven, one Accu-Temp Professional Meat & Poultry Thermometer, one Novel Square Metal Trivet, one KSP Quadro Basting Spoon, one KSP Flux Lined Silicone Oven Mitt Set, one cookbook called 300 Best Casserole Recipes (ARV $170).

Day 4: consists of one Gordon Ramsay 12 Cup Coffee Maker, two Café Moderno Eco Glass Coffee Cups, one Soho Living Square Mug Set, one KSP Bocca Cream & Sugar Set, one cookbook called Bake Something Great (ARV $200).

Day 5: consists of one CorningWare French White 12 piece set, one Euro Trivet, one KSP Quadro Basting Spoon, one KSP Flux Lined Silicone Oven Mitt Set, one Fruits & Passion Cucina Duo Hand Soap and Spray, one cookbook All The Best Recipes (ARV $200).

Day 6: consists of one Black & Decker All-in-One Deluxe Breadmaker, one KSP Mod Cylinder Canister set, one cookbook 300 Bread Machine Recipes (ARV $145).

Day 7: consists of one Black & Decker All-in-One Deluxe Breadmaker, one KSP Mod Cylinder Canister set, one cookbook 300 Bread Machine Recipes (ARV $145).

Day 8: consists of one Oster Stainless Steel 360 Kettle, one Sevy Stainless Steel Tea Infuser with Stand, one Maxwell & Williams Cirque Tea Set, David's Tea, one cookbook 12,167 Kitchen and Cooking Secrets (ARV $165).

Day 9: consists of one Cuisinart Smart Stick Hand Blender, one KitchenAid Cooks Series Culinary Gadget & Tool Set, one Pantry Works Utensil Holder, one cookbook The Smoothies Bible (ARV $140).
26 replies
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106502 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Answers (so far)

Day 1: What was the secret ingredient Chuck Hughes used on Iron Chef America when he battled (and won against) Bobby Flay? Canadian lobster

Day 3: Name one of Food Network Canada’s Hot Peppers: suziethefoodie

Day 5: Have you seen our coffee recipes? Find 5 recipes that have coffee/espresso as an ingredient in their recipe: there are 123 recipes using Espresso - Follow this link to find them and choose your own (the last thing we need is them DQing all the RFDers for using the exact same answer :lol :)

Day 6: What is Michael Smith’s bread tip from his webseries, Chef Michael’s Kitchen? (this one was harder to figure out - can someone please confirm?) How to make a simple no-knead bread dough

I've left out Days 2 and 4 because they're non-skill-testing. I'll try to update this as each new question is posted.

Thanks, OP!
Iv ta'be' Hev SoH, ghobe' Qoy lIj mu'mey, as SoH jaH pa' vo' vetlh tuq joq vetlh veng, shake lItha' the dust vo' lIj qamDu' (translation from the original Klingon: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet)
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
24749 posts
199593 upvotes
GTA
Good luck RFD...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
1555 posts
15126 upvotes
ronin1701 wrote: Answers (so far)

Day 1: What was the secret ingredient Chuck Hughes used on Iron Chef America when he battled (and won against) Bobby Flay? Canadian lobster

Day 3: Name one of Food Network Canada’s Hot Peppers: suziethefoodie

Day 5: Have you seen our coffee recipes? Find 5 recipes that have coffee/espresso as an ingredient in their recipe: there are 123 recipes using Espresso - Follow this link to find them and choose your own (the last thing we need is them DQing all the RFDers for using the exact same answer :lol :)

Day 6: What is Michael Smith’s bread tip from his webseries, Chef Michael’s Kitchen? (this one was harder to figure out - can someone please confirm?) How to make a simple no-knead bread dough

I've left out Days 2 and 4 because they're non-skill-testing. I'll try to update this as each new question is posted.

Thanks, OP!

Hi Ronin! Thanx for your help! Regarding Day 6 -- I watched the video (http://www.foodnetwork.ca/guides/chefmichael/video.html) and thought that the hint was ‘The longer the dough stays alive, the better it tastes.’
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
1555 posts
15126 upvotes
CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THE QUESTION FROM DAY 8? I can't get the video to open. :(

Question 8 (http://www.foodnetwork.ca/blogs/foodnew ... id=47899):

Have you seen the new show Ice Cold Cash? If not here’s your chance. Watch the first episode called Brotherly Love (http://www.foodnetwork.ca/ontv/shows/ic ... eid=272393) and answer this:

What was Jeannine's (the second contestant’s) answer to her first question?

Thanx!
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2011
3412 posts
627 upvotes
Where am I?
pinecone wrote: CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THE QUESTION FROM DAY 8? I can't get the video to open. :(

Have you seen the new show Ice Cold Cash? If not here’s your chance. Watch the first episode called Brotherly Love (http://www.foodnetwork.ca/ontv/shows/ic ... eid=272393) and answer this:

Thanx!

It won't play for me.
Jan 8, 2003
208 posts
145 upvotes
Calgary
pinecone wrote: CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THE QUESTION FROM DAY 8? I can't get the video to open. :(

Thanx!

Answer is "Delivery Service"

Anyone have answers to Day 7 and 10?
Jan 16, 2011
132 posts
49 upvotes
Does anyone know the answer to the final question? How old will Food Network Canada be this October? I can't find it anywhere....thanks for the help guys!
2011 Wins: ARV $8181
2012 Wins: ARV $15420
2013 Wins: ARV $19531
2014 Wins: ARV $18679
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106502 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Rebbbby wrote: Does anyone know the answer to the final question? How old will Food Network Canada be this October? I can't find it anywhere....thanks for the help guys!

Hint: Wikipedia's article lists the date of launch :)
Iv ta'be' Hev SoH, ghobe' Qoy lIj mu'mey, as SoH jaH pa' vo' vetlh tuq joq vetlh veng, shake lItha' the dust vo' lIj qamDu' (translation from the original Klingon: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet)