Foods best for Whitening Teeth

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 3rd, 2006 9:35 am
Tags:
None
Sep 20, 2004
122 posts
2 upvotes
Aside from Hellfire's can't miss solutions ... brush your teeth with baking soda.
What would Quagmire say about all these great deals?

"Giggedy, giggedy, giggedy ... ALLLLLLLL RIGHT"
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2004
1379 posts
8 upvotes
i thought apples were good for you
Deal Fanatic
Dec 18, 2001
5722 posts
Hamilton
swifferman wrote:dude, no ordinary food you eat will whiten your teeth. Just because a food is white, doesn't mean it will whiten your teeth.

Whitening kits can be had for a little more than some cauliflower and a bag of milk.

juts make sure u have fairly straight teeth, my friend did it before he got braces to fix his crooked teeth, and in some spots the whitening strips didnt quite reach and now ugh, dont want him smiling for too long > :(
NODES - Nonlinear and Active Optical Devices on Electronic Substrates...Lol, not even close :D

My Heatware

For Sale: Cheap Complete PC's, Keyboards, mice, video cards, etc...

WTB/WTT: Vista 32 & 64 bit OEM CD's
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2005
1192 posts
1 upvote
One of the best things to do is to abstain from dark coloured drinks that DO stain your teeth (i.e. Coke/Pepsi, coffee, tea). Even if you don't quit entirely, do try and drink less. My friend worked in a dentist's office as a hygienist's assistance for some time and passed this bit of info onto me after I had my teeth whitened with custom trays.
"There are no pacts between lions and men, and wolves and lambs have no concord." - Homer
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2005
9916 posts
23 upvotes
Ganja
In Every Heart Red Strength, Our Hearts Are Many, Our Strength Your Envy
Deal Addict
May 7, 2005
2824 posts
51 upvotes
salt water....

when its in your mouth, it tastes soo salty...but then again..its salt water so that could be expected....

But.. salt is also good for getting rid of the spiciness in your mouth....but it will just make your mouth salty...
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
3194 posts
1551 upvotes
Everywhere
Antibiotics can also stain teeth.

I also found this:
Don't brush too hard. Logic might suggest that the harder you brush, the cleaner you'll get your teeth. But reality says otherwise. "Brushing too vigorously can actually strip some of the enamel off teeth, exposing the darker inner layer called the dentin," says Dr. Dale. His advice: Brush your teeth firmly but not vigorously--and use only soft-bristle brushes, not those with medium or hard bristles. "If you can't remove the stain with regular brushing and toothpaste, then you won't remove it by brushing harder."
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2002
4998 posts
1201 upvotes
Toronto
just buy a bottle of white out (the old style kind) with the brush and paint your teeth white....(im not liable if anyone is actually stupid enuf to try this)
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2005
1399 posts
47 upvotes
So the consensis is that there really isn't any??

Even though, baking soda probably does work (they have Arm&Hammer baking soda tooth paste).

And I'm pretty sure hygrogen peroxide does work too (that's what those white strips and whitening techniques use), but again, don't swallow.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
3608 posts
750 upvotes
A couple of cans of coke and 2 pots of black coffee should whiten those pearly whites... :twisted: