Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Foody Mart

Foodymart: Billy Bee 1kg bottle honey $6.99 limit 5 per family

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 26th, 2020 12:33 am
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
4081 posts
7026 upvotes
GTA North

[Foody Mart] Foodymart: Billy Bee 1kg bottle honey $6.99 limit 5 per family

Was at Foody yesterday and saw that they had this on sale for $6.99. Wished I knew 10mins earlier as I bought two bottles from Food Basics for $2 more. -.-;;

Anyways there is a limit of 5 per family.
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
33 replies
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
4081 posts
7026 upvotes
GTA North
Fun fact. Honey has an indefinite shelf life if kept in a tight sealed jar.

Even honey found during when the Pharaoh's of Egypt rules many millennia ago is still safe to eat today.

Read somewhere that honey works as good as cough medication and I can attest to this myself having had a few relapses of the cold/flu recently.

Bonus points for anyone that plays this while buying the bottles in line. ;)

...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Dec 7, 2005
105 posts
9 upvotes
It was $6.99 at Food Basics last week. Bought 4! On sale for that price @FoodBasics often.
Feb 10, 2006
471 posts
380 upvotes
Manitoba beekeeper Allan Campbell began the petition on Change.org demanding that McCormick Canada, the parent company of the Billy Bee and Natural Honey Farms honey brands, buy locally-produced honey first.

The petition claims the company "has all but stopped buying Canadian honey" in favour of cheaper honey from other countries.

2016 Apr 5 CBC News
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
2415 posts
1190 upvotes
Vancouver
I do honey bath
Thanks
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
2043 posts
697 upvotes
Ottawa
There was a News report that many India/Chinese Honey are fake.
They are just sugar with viscosity modifiers and coloring.
Jun 30, 2014
154 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Isn't Billy bee honey stamped with "made in Canada" ?

Honey being adulterated has been documented. Our food agency found some percentage of honey coming into Canada or hitting our shelves being affected. Maybe 20%?

It's being cut like in the drugs business
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2003
1825 posts
2198 upvotes
Markham
kwokming.kwong wrote: Manitoba beekeeper Allan Campbell began the petition on Change.org demanding that McCormick Canada, the parent company of the Billy Bee and Natural Honey Farms honey brands, buy locally-produced honey first.

The petition claims the company "has all but stopped buying Canadian honey" in favour of cheaper honey from other countries.

2016 Apr 5 CBC News
Why quote such old news that isn't even relevant anymore? It wasn't even true at the time, it was 85% Canadian honey when they pledged to go 100% in 2017:
https://globalnews.ca/news/3402792/bill ... this-year/

Billy Bee Honey has been 100% Canadian sourced ever since.

https://www.helloflavour.ca/en-ca/our-b ... -bee/about
"Billy Bee Honey Products is Canada's largest honey business sourcing honey from producers in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba."

Bah weep granah weep nini bong
HEAT: Link!
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2012
2484 posts
3179 upvotes
Ottawa
Why not buy honey at your local farmer's market? I get 1kg for $10 and the honey comes in different varieties. Honey bees fed on particular flowers create distinct flavours of honey that are great with pancakes, waffles, substitutes for sugar and other cooking and eating uses. The mass-market adulterated honey is undoubtedly fed from China and lacks the consistency and taste that is found from honey produced locally.
Mar 29, 2010
114 posts
107 upvotes
Kitchener
Isnt honey @ costco usually 16-17 dollars for 3kg?
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
4024 posts
2374 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm not sure this is actual honey anymore. It has probably been filtered and the actual good stuff is gone. I don't usually go to farmers markets, but thats where they have actual honey, the really thick type that isn't transparent and is kind of hard to scoop. This clear stuff they sell in the supermarkets...
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
3161 posts
3308 upvotes
eugene188 wrote: I don't usually go to farmers markets, but thats where they have actual honey
Depends on which ones you go to, some farmers market is just repackaged honey that has been pasteurized, filtered or processed. Regardless of local or not, most of its nutrients is gone.

Like all foods we eat today is created for long shelf life and good safety standards, which may already shave away part of the goodness.

I suggest buying the honey combs from Korean supermarkets, those taste good at least :D
May 13, 2010
776 posts
419 upvotes
Ottawa
bk wrote: Why quote such old news that isn't even relevant anymore? It wasn't even true at the time, it was 85% Canadian honey when they pledged to go 100% in 2017:

You will see a difference between honey sold at local farmers markets and the honey sold in grocery stores. Billy Bee sources their honey from canola farmers so the bees have been feeding exclusively on canola and most of it is then pasturized to extend shelf life. The honey I sell at a local market comes from bees who feed on a variety of wildflowers and is unpasturized. Don't be fooled by the label on the bottle that says Canada no.1 as that indicates the water content and not the country of origin
"Billy Bee Honey Products is Canada's largest honey business sourcing honey from producers in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba."
Deal Fanatic
Nov 2, 2005
5355 posts
2721 upvotes
WFH
aznrayne69 wrote: Isnt honey @ costco usually 16-17 dollars for 3kg?
Yes, $5.33/kilo for unpasteurized North American sourced.

Fun fact, the Billy Bee cap/nozzle fits directly onto the Costco container.
Jan 10, 2005
530 posts
254 upvotes
This blending with corn syrup thing has got to stop. Obviously they should have to say on the label, but the whole point is that this is a very lucrative business for criminals at this moment.

Mandatory testing, and they should get sued/fined into the stone age if they misrepresent their product. Of course buying local is always an option, but as a customer I should be able to rely on the product when the label says "100% pure honey".
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2812 posts
3878 upvotes
bk wrote: Why quote such old news that isn't even relevant anymore? It wasn't even true at the time, it was 85% Canadian honey when they pledged to go 100% in 2017:

They blend with so much crap it’s hardly honey. I buy local honey from farmers market now a days.
Jan 4, 2008
637 posts
574 upvotes
Toronto
Billy Bee honey smells and tastes horrible. Stinky for some reason instead of floral
Temp. Banned
Dec 18, 2009
1709 posts
912 upvotes
Toronto
REAL, local honey can be found in most health food stores and is not much more expensive than the terrible supermarket stuff labelled as honey. As previously mentioned, you can get several varieties based on the types of flowers the bees used to produce the honey. Normally I am a big cheapo and buy the least expensive but I have seen the light in the honey department. There is no comparison between REAL honey and mass produced "syrup" claiming to be honey.

Here's a small sample, I generally get 1KG for $10-12.

https://www.thehoneybeestore.ca/Canadia ... s/1855.htm
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2003
1825 posts
2198 upvotes
Markham
simplypop wrote: They blend with so much crap it’s hardly honey. I buy local honey from farmers market now a days.
They blend different types of honey. There are NO other ingredients. Stop spreading FUD.
"Billy Bee is 100% pure and natural because no other ingredients are added. It contains no preservatives and no additives."

Bah weep granah weep nini bong
HEAT: Link!