Expired Hot Deals

Foody World

50 disposable masks for $7.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2020 2:37 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
19960 posts
6186 upvotes
Toronto

[Foody World] 50 disposable masks for $7.99

$7.99 for a box of 50 three-layer non-medical masks. Actually, in the box are multiple smaller sealed packages, total 50. Mask quality is not bad for a disposable.

I saw this at the Foody World at Kennedy & William Kitchen in Scarborough. (I saw a similar sale posted for another store, but not for Foody World.)

IMG_0552.jpeg
44 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 22, 2007
27513 posts
7212 upvotes
Hamilton
Good price
$35/10GB Koodo
$40/10GB Koodo
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
19960 posts
6186 upvotes
Toronto
Wow. I popped into a little shop today to drop off some mail and saw a similar box of 50 disposable masks... for $46.99.

First of all... not cool. But second, given that you can get them easily now for under $20 and sometimes for under $10, I just don't understand why they'd risk p!ssing off their customers like this.
Member
User avatar
Apr 21, 2008
467 posts
129 upvotes
Does this pass the lighter test? I noticed the box's English has many spelling mistakes.

Also available at Foody Mart (Bamburg Circle and Warden) and C&C (Don Mills and Lawrence-ish)
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 14, 2004
9652 posts
739 upvotes
Markham
Wow, even less than the 50 masks at Bestco for $9.99. Now if the second wave doesn't come, maybe we're the fools here. Astonished Face
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
4269 posts
2821 upvotes
Vancouver
Hairball wrote: Wow, even less than the 50 masks at Bestco for $9.99. Now if the second wave doesn't come, maybe we're the fools here. Astonished Face
Better to be safe than sorry. Plus these are generally good for multiple years so you could use them if get sick from seasonal flu.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
15445 posts
3864 upvotes
Wow $7.99 now..

Waiting for $5 which is the price before pandemic
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 14, 2004
9652 posts
739 upvotes
Markham
Paigne wrote: Better to be safe than sorry. Plus these are generally good for multiple years so you could use them if get sick from seasonal flu.
Yeah, I guess it doesn't hurt, just surprised how supplies on masks have gone up like exponentially now.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 25, 2019
720 posts
1362 upvotes
Is this in Richmond too?

Is there a limit.

I will send the boss to buy a few cases if no limit.

Does anyone know how many boxes in one case?
Member
Nov 21, 2012
297 posts
161 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
MikuGirl wrote: Is this in Richmond too?

Is there a limit.

I will send the boss to buy a few cases if no limit.

Does anyone know how many boxes in one case?
It's $9.99 for a box of 50 in Foody Richmond, BC as of yesterday morning.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 22, 2004
635 posts
2276 upvotes
Anybody see this at the Markham location (mccowan and 7)?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 25, 2003
16279 posts
4821 upvotes
Markham
mwatcher wrote: Anybody see this at the Markham location (mccowan and 7)?
Not in the flyer. HWY 7 location have its own flyer. They are selling $19.99 ( not the same one)
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 13, 2007
3863 posts
2608 upvotes
Edmonton
Is it the same people buying masks who buy bottled water?
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2001
1277 posts
791 upvotes
Vancouver
alfred2003 wrote: It's $9.99 for a box of 50 in Foody Richmond, BC as of yesterday morning.
Limit 5 in Richmond.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
19960 posts
6186 upvotes
Toronto
kiasu wrote: Wow $7.99 now..

Waiting for $5 which is the price before pandemic
Where was it selling for $5 for 50 in-store? I have never seen that in Toronto in an actual brick & mortar store.
BoombasticSloth wrote: Anybody know the quality of these?
Well, in the original post I did say they are 3-ply and the quality is decent for disposables. Specifically, for the few I tried, the strap doesn’t easily rip off, but I’ll get a better idea once I try more. (We got a box of a different brand a few months ago which were terrible. The strap would rip off under any significant force.)

Anyhow, for 16 cents apiece, so far I have no complaints. Plus, it's nice that it comes as multiple smaller sealed packages inside each box. It makes it easy to give to family members to throw in the car or whatever.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 15, 2006
1972 posts
318 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks for the feedback. I had purchased some JNC brand masks from Foody world in Richmond and they are pretty good. I also purchased some Hoco brand masks from Canada Computer and they were not as good quality as the JNC brand ones.

All the best.
Jr. Member
Oct 18, 2014
159 posts
115 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone know if these are still on sale?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 15, 2001
3205 posts
911 upvotes
Toronto
EugW wrote: Wow. I popped into a little shop today to drop off some mail and saw a similar box of 50 disposable masks... for $46.99.

First of all... not cool. But second, given that you can get them easily now for under $20 and sometimes for under $10, I just don't understand why they'd risk p!ssing off their customers like this.
most likely the small shop paid more from supplier (earlier on in the pandemic). it's hard to cost-average, compared to the bigger supermarkets.

Top