Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Foody World

50 disposable masks for $7.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2020 2:37 pm
Feb 7, 2017
658 posts
359 upvotes
I've seen them but am hesitant to buy. Can anyone comment on the quality?
Apr 15, 2018
542 posts
828 upvotes
Good for Student get togethers of 1 or more. It appears that many students don't quite understand the dangers of Covid-19 and want to party like before.
Sep 2, 2005
840 posts
496 upvotes
Toronto
Saw this also at BTrust in Mississauga. It's located in the front right before the cashier.

Not sure about quality but $9.99 for 50 pieces.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2007
5038 posts
5154 upvotes
Richmond Hill
And I just got 4 boxes from Costco last week. Oh well.
Bright side of RFD: Often find good deal
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10161 posts
994 upvotes
Toronto
The longer we wait the cheaper it's gonna get, so who here payed $45 for a box of 50 lol
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Nov 3, 2018
396 posts
809 upvotes
starchoice wrote: Is it the same people buying masks who buy bottled water?
Yep. People should be buying reusable face mask. It's just as effective and you're not killing the environment with these disposable face mask
Jul 11, 2007
608 posts
180 upvotes
GTA
I read somewhere that says reusable are as effective as good disposable one ? I have both type, but I will stock up on these $7.99 one if i saw them.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
6050 posts
5871 upvotes
Vancouver
supremePug wrote: Yep. People should be buying reusable face mask. It's just as effective and you're not killing the environment with these disposable face mask
If resuable ones were as effective, hospitals would have switched a long time ago. No matter how closely you knit fabric, you won't achieve the filtration performance of a heat bonded sheet of plastic nor get the electrostatic properties.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
21259 posts
7666 upvotes
Toronto
Siward44 wrote: I've seen them but am hesitant to buy. Can anyone comment on the quality?
I mentioned this in the original post but the quality is decent for disposables. We had bought a different brand before and they were terrible. These ones from Foody World are better.
Jan 20, 2010
489 posts
215 upvotes
toronto
akito925 wrote: The longer we wait the cheaper it's gonna get, so who here payed $45 for a box of 50 lol
I paid $60 for a box of 50 in March, sigh
Jan 20, 2010
489 posts
215 upvotes
toronto
I still recall just four to five months ago, everyone is whining masks should be made within Canada. And some companies actually started to make those things, I am just wondering what happened to those companies. How do they compete with these?
May 18, 2018
752 posts
777 upvotes
wirespeed wrote: reusable has variable efficiency.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 9kAXdLfcXc
This is true. However with these disposable masks I've been getting a rash on my face and also they can be pretty smelly from god knows what material they make them out of. My 100% cotton mask is much more comfortable now. I'm sure it's not as effective as the disposable but I just can't go back to that.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
2035 posts
372 upvotes
Vancouver
gamebird wrote: I still recall just four to five months ago, everyone is whining masks should be made within Canada. And some companies actually started to make those things, I am just wondering what happened to those companies. How do they compete with these?
Due to economies of scale, and other factors, from existing foreign manufacturers, and with the current prices of masks, I doubt it would be economically feasible for a made in Canada solution for these disposable masks.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
2366 posts
624 upvotes
gamebird wrote: I paid $60 for a box of 50 in March, sigh
I think price will vary based on the quality of the mask. So perhaps you have some good masks compared to the $7.99 box.
Jan 20, 2010
489 posts
215 upvotes
toronto
sylvestor2002 wrote: I think price will vary based on the quality of the mask. So perhaps you have some good masks compared to the $7.99 box.
I got a $20 box mask from costco, and I think the costco one is better or at least similar quality to my $60 box bought in March.
Sep 18, 2017
581 posts
909 upvotes
GVRD
gamebird wrote: I still recall just four to five months ago, everyone is whining masks should be made within Canada. And some companies actually started to make those things, I am just wondering what happened to those companies. How do they compete with these?
Agreed! Justin gave a few manufacturers (in Ont and Que if i'm correct) a large donation to produce these items. Where are the products?
Compete? Good question, even at min wage these masks are going to be way more expensive.
Last edited by MintMentos on Sep 18th, 2020 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11113 posts
5994 upvotes
Toronto
akito925 wrote: The longer we wait the cheaper it's gonna get, so who here payed $45 for a box of 50 lol
with second wave coming , price may be going back up again
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
5331 posts
2167 upvotes
Kitchener
Pochacco wrote: with second wave coming , price may be going back up again
i doubt it. Capacity has caught up with demand.
This space is intentionally left blank.