[Foody World] 50 disposable masks for $7.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2020 1:39 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2001
1122 posts
653 upvotes
Vancouver
alfred2003 wrote: It's $9.99 for a box of 50 in Foody Richmond, BC as of yesterday morning.
Limit 5 in Richmond.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
18059 posts
4579 upvotes
Toronto
kiasu wrote: Wow $7.99 now..

Waiting for $5 which is the price before pandemic
Where was it selling for $5 for 50 in-store? I have never seen that in Toronto in an actual brick & mortar store.
BoombasticSloth wrote: Anybody know the quality of these?
Well, in the original post I did say they are 3-ply and the quality is decent for disposables. Specifically, for the few I tried, the strap doesn’t easily rip off, but I’ll get a better idea once I try more. (We got a box of a different brand a few months ago which were terrible. The strap would rip off under any significant force.)

Anyhow, for 16 cents apiece, so far I have no complaints. Plus, it's nice that it comes as multiple smaller sealed packages inside each box. It makes it easy to give to family members to throw in the car or whatever.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
1914 posts
263 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks for the feedback. I had purchased some JNC brand masks from Foody world in Richmond and they are pretty good. I also purchased some Hoco brand masks from Canada Computer and they were not as good quality as the JNC brand ones.

All the best.
Oct 18, 2014
76 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone know if these are still on sale?
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2001
3080 posts
767 upvotes
Toronto
EugW wrote: Wow. I popped into a little shop today to drop off some mail and saw a similar box of 50 disposable masks... for $46.99.

First of all... not cool. But second, given that you can get them easily now for under $20 and sometimes for under $10, I just don't understand why they'd risk p!ssing off their customers like this.
most likely the small shop paid more from supplier (earlier on in the pandemic). it's hard to cost-average, compared to the bigger supermarkets.
Feb 7, 2017
357 posts
146 upvotes
I've seen them but am hesitant to buy. Can anyone comment on the quality?
Apr 15, 2018
105 posts
82 upvotes
Good for Student get togethers of 1 or more. It appears that many students don't quite understand the dangers of Covid-19 and want to party like before.
Sep 2, 2005
715 posts
315 upvotes
Toronto
Saw this also at BTrust in Mississauga. It's located in the front right before the cashier.

Not sure about quality but $9.99 for 50 pieces.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2742 posts
2344 upvotes
Richmond Hill
And I just got 4 boxes from Costco last week. Oh well.
Bright side of RFD: 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
9944 posts
820 upvotes
Toronto
The longer we wait the cheaper it's gonna get, so who here payed $45 for a box of 50 lol
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Nov 3, 2018
237 posts
588 upvotes
starchoice wrote: Is it the same people buying masks who buy bottled water?
Yep. People should be buying reusable face mask. It's just as effective and you're not killing the environment with these disposable face mask
Jul 11, 2007
457 posts
93 upvotes
GTA
I read somewhere that says reusable are as effective as good disposable one ? I have both type, but I will stock up on these $7.99 one if i saw them.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
3372 posts
2043 upvotes
Vancouver
supremePug wrote: Yep. People should be buying reusable face mask. It's just as effective and you're not killing the environment with these disposable face mask
If resuable ones were as effective, hospitals would have switched a long time ago. No matter how closely you knit fabric, you won't achieve the filtration performance of a heat bonded sheet of plastic nor get the electrostatic properties.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
18059 posts
4579 upvotes
Toronto
Siward44 wrote: I've seen them but am hesitant to buy. Can anyone comment on the quality?
I mentioned this in the original post but the quality is decent for disposables. We had bought a different brand before and they were terrible. These ones from Foody World are better.