Expired Hot Deals

[Foody World] 50 disposable masks for $7.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2020 2:37 pm
Jan 20, 2010
382 posts
110 upvotes
toronto
akito925 wrote: The longer we wait the cheaper it's gonna get, so who here payed $45 for a box of 50 lol
I paid $60 for a box of 50 in March, sigh
Jan 20, 2010
382 posts
110 upvotes
toronto
I still recall just four to five months ago, everyone is whining masks should be made within Canada. And some companies actually started to make those things, I am just wondering what happened to those companies. How do they compete with these?
May 18, 2018
357 posts
291 upvotes
wirespeed wrote: reusable has variable efficiency.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 9kAXdLfcXc
This is true. However with these disposable masks I've been getting a rash on my face and also they can be pretty smelly from god knows what material they make them out of. My 100% cotton mask is much more comfortable now. I'm sure it's not as effective as the disposable but I just can't go back to that.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
1914 posts
263 upvotes
Vancouver
gamebird wrote: I still recall just four to five months ago, everyone is whining masks should be made within Canada. And some companies actually started to make those things, I am just wondering what happened to those companies. How do they compete with these?
Due to economies of scale, and other factors, from existing foreign manufacturers, and with the current prices of masks, I doubt it would be economically feasible for a made in Canada solution for these disposable masks.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
1795 posts
334 upvotes
gamebird wrote: I paid $60 for a box of 50 in March, sigh
I think price will vary based on the quality of the mask. So perhaps you have some good masks compared to the $7.99 box.
Jan 20, 2010
382 posts
110 upvotes
toronto
sylvestor2002 wrote: I think price will vary based on the quality of the mask. So perhaps you have some good masks compared to the $7.99 box.
I got a $20 box mask from costco, and I think the costco one is better or at least similar quality to my $60 box bought in March.
Sep 18, 2017
243 posts
162 upvotes
GVRD
gamebird wrote: I still recall just four to five months ago, everyone is whining masks should be made within Canada. And some companies actually started to make those things, I am just wondering what happened to those companies. How do they compete with these?
Agreed! Justin gave a few manufacturers (in Ont and Que if i'm correct) a large donation to produce these items. Where are the products?
Compete? Good question, even at min wage these masks are going to be way more expensive.
Last edited by MintMentos on Sep 18th, 2020 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9103 posts
3918 upvotes
Toronto
akito925 wrote: The longer we wait the cheaper it's gonna get, so who here payed $45 for a box of 50 lol
with second wave coming , price may be going back up again
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
4645 posts
1340 upvotes
Kitchener
Pochacco wrote: with second wave coming , price may be going back up again
i doubt it. Capacity has caught up with demand.
This space is intentionally left blank.
Nov 26, 2017
31 posts
9 upvotes
EugW wrote: Wow. I popped into a little shop today to drop off some mail and saw a similar box of 50 disposable masks... for $46.99.

First of all... not cool. But second, given that you can get them easily now for under $20 and sometimes for under $10, I just don't understand why they'd risk p!ssing off their customers like this.
This deal is better than havoc gsi without gapps!!
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
3379 posts
2045 upvotes
Vancouver
PanchoVilla wrote: This is true. However with these disposable masks I've been getting a rash on my face and also they can be pretty smelly from god knows what material they make them out of. My 100% cotton mask is much more comfortable now. I'm sure it's not as effective as the disposable but I just can't go back to that.
Even top end 3M N95 have a characteristic smell. It's due to the polypropylene plastic used as the filtration material.
Oct 18, 2014
76 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I didn't see anymore mask for 7.99, only 9.99 and they all come in a box no packaging. Boxes arent even sealed where the top opens.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
6538 posts
1468 upvotes
Toronto
Bestco at Brimley/Huntingwood, $6.99, 50 pcs disposable mask.
Jun 17, 2019
2 posts
AI Premium food mart is selling 2 pack of 50 pcs for $10.00 (God knows the quality)Image