Expired Hot Deals

[Foot Locker] Military Mini Fridge ($50 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2016 11:19 am
[OP]
Jan 15, 2011
18 posts
28 upvotes
toronto

[Foot Locker] Military Mini Fridge ($50 off)

Deal Link:
Price:
$399.99
Savings:
$50 off
Pretty cool fridge on sale here:

"The Footlocker Fridge is the coolest way to bring a piece of military history to your basement, man cave, garage or office. Featuring authentic footlocker accessories like brass latches and rivets, along with the official logo of the U.S. Army, U.S. Navy & U.S. Air Force, The Footlocker Fridge is a source of pride and honor, cleverly disguised as a fridge."

"The design inspiration for the Footlocker Fridge was drawn from the military footlocker where those who serve kept their gear and most valuable personal keepsakes and memories of home and loved ones. We all enjoy the freedoms and high quality of life from those who have served, so a portion of the proceeds from your Footlocker Fridge will be donated to support efforts to improve the lives of active service personnel and honored veterans. Help us celebrate those who serve!"

$399.99 CA, currently $50 off.

Full specs and info: http://footlockerfridge.com/

Canadian Shop Page: https://footlocker-fridge-ca.myshopify.com
American Shop Page: https://footlocker-fridge-us.myshopify.com/

17 replies
Jun 30, 2009
654 posts
123 upvotes
Vancouver
Can't be much of a source of pride and honor if the flag is reversed. Was that on purpose?
Dec 21, 2015
645 posts
287 upvotes
Canada
This small fridge is $400? WOW.
So cold as if we are inside that thing
Aug 6, 2006
61 posts
13 upvotes
Colder than all the cans of America you could store in that thing.
Jun 15, 2010
392 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
dchimera wrote: Can't be much of a source of pride and honor if the flag is reversed. Was that on purpose?
Probably. Assuming the top of the "flagpole" is the top-left corner, the flag needs to appear as blowing in the wind with the flagpole moving forward. If they put the stars on the bottom-left cover (top of the flagpole on the bottom-left), the flag would be blowing backwards, signalling that they're retreating. Hope that made sense.

Edit: That's why, depending on the shoulder, you'll sometimes see the American flag patch reversed on soldiers. Canada doesn't have that problem since our flag is symmetrical.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
20048 posts
7396 upvotes
Socially Distanced
I would say this deal is cold, but that might be a compliment :D
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Apr 18, 2016
15 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
dchimera wrote: Can't be much of a source of pride and honor if the flag is reversed. Was that on purpose?
The flag is actually not reversed.

"However, according to Army regulation 670-1, Wear and Appearance of Army Uniforms and Insignia, the regulation states when authorized for application to the proper uniform, the U.S. flag patch is to be worn, right or left shoulder, so that “the star field faces forward, or to the flag's own right."

If you see images of soldiers, the flag is displayed the same way – in what appears to be reverse but in actuality when displayed on a person, the flag must have the stars closest to their heart.
[OP]
Jan 15, 2011
18 posts
28 upvotes
toronto
redrocknorth wrote: The flag is actually not reversed.

"However, according to Army regulation 670-1, Wear and Appearance of Army Uniforms and Insignia, the regulation states when authorized for application to the proper uniform, the U.S. flag patch is to be worn, right or left shoulder, so that “the star field faces forward, or to the flag's own right."

If you see images of soldiers, the flag is displayed the same way – in what appears to be reverse but in actuality when displayed on a person, the flag must have the stars closest to their heart.
lol, thank you Redrock. I figured that was general knowledge. :D
Jul 29, 2009
572 posts
419 upvotes
Do you really need to refrigerate the guns you're going to kill Canadian babies with?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2869 posts
2199 upvotes
GTA Ontario
I was thinking of getting a Military Mini Fridge to keep my grenades etc. fresh. How long is the waiting list and how thorough are the background checks? Do they automatically put you on the Watch List when you buy it, or do you have to mail in a registration card?
Oct 11, 2007
64 posts
4 upvotes
Manitoba
dealmooch wrote: Do you really need to refrigerate the guns you're going to kill Canadian babies with?
Classy, real classy.
Feb 20, 2008
422 posts
527 upvotes
This "deal" is so cold that my phone screen frosted up....
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9868 posts
9544 upvotes
Markham
Ill buy it for $99. Let me know if the sale price hits that.
Feb 20, 2008
422 posts
527 upvotes
In for 2 if it hits $99...or 10 when the liquidators get hold of the unpaid stock and auction off a pallet.
Jan 27, 2011
438 posts
273 upvotes
i really just came to this thread for the icy hot burns, and to determine why footlocker (a shoe/athletic clothing store) had gone into selling refrigeration equipment.

but while i'm here: OP, compare this to a new mini fridge you can get pretty much anywhere for ~$150....this is like that terrible marshall stack mini fridge a while back...it's a "sale" on something that was already marked up ridiculously to a niche audience, but still comes nowhere to hotting for the average rfd'r.

if i saw this in someone's garage or basement prior to this thread i probably would have though "oh, that's kinda neat" - but now if i see one i'll quietly know what it cost and that buddy has more money than brains. so, really, you've kind of destroyed this product's value by posting this "deal", imo.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2007
1507 posts
1376 upvotes
This has to be a shill, I don't see how OP could think this was a hot deal.