[OP]
Deal Addict
May 12, 2014
3289 posts
3270 upvotes
Montreal

Forbidden from renting: units that consume over 500kW/h per year per m2

To comply with the climate action plan.

This is in France, so of course the article is in French. But it is from a major country, and it's so surprising, that I thought it was worth sharing.

Coming to your province soon?

https://www.lavieimmo.com/divers-immobi ... 49124.html
4 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
3120 posts
5972 upvotes
Toronto/Markham
Didn't read the article, basing off the title my math works out to ~3.9 kW/h per sq. ft. per month. That is plenty, look at your hydro bill and neighbour comparison stats, if you use this as a metric and convert the average household that uses 800 kW/h/month (2,500) sq. ft. home (seasonality adjusted assumption), that's 0.32 kW/h.

Something isn't making sense.
Realtor®
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
3344 posts
1550 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
RichmondCA wrote: Didn't read the article, basing off the title my math works out to ~3.9 kW/h per sq. ft. per month. That is plenty, look at your hydro bill and neighbour comparison stats, if you use this as a metric and convert the average household that uses 800 kW/h/month (2,500) sq. ft. home (seasonality adjusted assumption), that's 0.32 kW/h.

Something isn't making sense.
I thought that was incredibly high as well. You'd have to be growing a shit ton of weed or something.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 12, 2014
3289 posts
3270 upvotes
Montreal
RichmondCA wrote: Something isn't making sense.
From the article, it concerns 120,000 rental units in France. Not a huge number, but once the principle is established, criteria tend to get more restrictive over time.

They will also ban heating your house with heating oil (35 million units), patio heating, and leaving your doors open if you're a public building.
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2008
13006 posts
9952 upvotes
Edmonton
For something like this, perhaps noting in the title that you’re not talking about a Canadian jurisdiction would be relevant.

C

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)