Real Estate

Forced to pay for Rogers internet "bulk pricing" through monthly management fees

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 1st, 2022 2:47 pm
Jul 19, 2011
769 posts
434 upvotes
Toronto

Forced to pay for Rogers internet "bulk pricing" through monthly management fees

Is this normal? Any way to get out of this, eg. getting that $50/month back or whatever amount it is, and going with my preferred ISP instead?
2 replies
Dec 25, 2019
937 posts
1306 upvotes
gromacs wrote: Is this normal? Any way to get out of this, eg. getting that $50/month back or whatever amount it is, and going with my preferred ISP instead?
my friend lives in this condo building where they got a deal from rogers for all owners . he is very happy with that he was paying $120 plus tax for the same package he got for $50 through management. they just added $50 on top of his maintenance fees plus crave tv comes free with the package. i dont know if u might need a specific ISP but those packages are very good deal for unit owners . unlimited internet with the fastest download plan
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2005
4118 posts
2270 upvotes
Toronto
It is normal if an older builder includes it in their maintenance fees. There isn't anything you can do beyond not using it and trying to get another ISP to give you service. You'd have to pay out of pocket and depending on the age and building they may not be able to give you service.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)