Ford All Electric Mustang Cobra Jet 1400

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2020 9:04 pm
9 replies
Nov 6, 2014
746 posts
1142 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
Ford is in deep financial trouble and will likely need gov support to stay alive.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13856 posts
8902 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Pre-ordered 1

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
6314 posts
4929 upvotes
fordmaple wrote: Ford is in deep financial trouble and will likely need gov support to stay alive.
Ford never needed bail out $ in 2008/9. We will know next week what their adjusted guidance is for 2020 but they are liquid enough to get thru this year and continue on most projects as planned.

Now it's hard to say given there is still 8 months left for this year and anything can happen. But I don't see any signs to panic yet.

But American car manufacturers would have been in better shape is Orange man didn't poison the Chinese market. As Chinese actually like Buick before Trump started a war.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14959 posts
6323 upvotes
Ottawa
engineered wrote: Maybe $130-180k USD MSRP?
this has to be a one off deal as a research project and to showcase know how.
Rich or poor, paying full price for anything is for suckers. Be an informed purchaser by searching RFD for the all-time-low price.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
15950 posts
17186 upvotes
Oakville
warpdrive wrote: this has to be a one off deal as a research project and to showcase know how.
Ford sells the ICE CobraJet for about the same, so I don't see why they wouldn't sell this. They say they're going to debut the car later this year.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14959 posts
6323 upvotes
Ottawa
engineered wrote: Ford sells the ICE CobraJet for about the same, so I don't see why they wouldn't sell this. They say they're going to debut the car later this year.
The way I interpreted the press releases and coverage says it's more of a project to see if they could break certain ICE benchmarks and demonstrate they are serious about EVs. It's basically to get more excitement about the Mustang EV.

I suppose they could sell it in limited quantities, but I didn't see any hint it will be even a limited production run vehicle.
Rich or poor, paying full price for anything is for suckers. Be an informed purchaser by searching RFD for the all-time-low price.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
15950 posts
17186 upvotes
Oakville
warpdrive wrote: The way I interpreted the press releases and coverage says it's more of a project to see if they could break certain ICE benchmarks and demonstrate they are serious about EVs. It's basically to get more excitement about the Mustang EV.

I suppose they could sell it in limited quantities, but I didn't see any hint it will be even a limited production run vehicle.
The ICE CobraJet is pretty limited in quantity as well. I think less than 100/year. If they're interest in buying the EV CobraJet, I don't see why they wouldn't. Will be cool to see more ICE vs EV drag races.