Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Ford.ca

2019 Ford Fusion Energi - $29,113 (after govt rebates, QC only)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2019 10:09 am
Mar 16, 2008
462 posts
1010 upvotes

2019 Ford Fusion Energi - $29,113 (after govt rebates, QC only)

Deal Link:
Price:
29 113
Retailer:
Ford.ca
With Ford employee pricing and incentives ($4,000 provincial and $2,500 federal) net price for a 2019 Fusion Energi is $29,113 all in
- longer electric range than the 2018 model(42km vs 35km)
- more driving aids than in the 2018 model

I bought the 2018 last year, it's great.
Last edited by ChrisR on Aug 31st, 2019 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
99 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1818 posts
1731 upvotes
The electric range is pretty crap, the 2020 Kia Soul will be $42,595 MSRP before $8,000 in federal/provincial rebates (quebec) with a range of ~390KM per charge, and expect further dealer incentives, so yeah, maybe a few thousand dollars more after discounts/dealer incentives, but jeeze man... no fuel costs (well except our super cheap electric in quebec), no oil changes, filter changes, longer warranty on the majority of the vehicles major components (engine/transmission/etc -- 8 year / 160,000KM) etc.....

Sorry, I got this number wrong earlier, the EV rebate is $8,000 (provincial) + $5,000 (federal) == $13,000 off.

https://www.tc.gc.ca/en/services/road/i ... icles.html
https://vehiculeselectriques.gouv.qc.ca ... e-neuf.asp
Last edited by Tcalp on Sep 1st, 2019 10:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
1649 posts
19759 upvotes
Sherbrooke
Tcalp wrote: The electric range is pretty crap, the 2020 Kia Soul will be $42,595 MSRP before $8,000 in federal/provincial rebates (quebec) with a range of ~390KM per charge, and expect further dealer incentives, so yeah, maybe a few thousand dollars more after discounts/dealer incentives, but jeeze man... no fuel costs (well except our super cheap electric in quebec), no oil changes, filter changes, longer warranty on the majority of the vehicles major components (engine/transmission/etc -- 8 year / 160,000KM) etc.....
The Kia Soul EV has a 2 tiered battery capacity based on trim level. The base trim has 248km range while the 50,000$+ Kia Soul EV Limited has the 390km range.
Mar 10, 2012
786 posts
1494 upvotes
PEACHLAND
willyfonsworth wrote: The Kia Soul EV has a 2 tiered battery capacity based on trim level. The base trim has 248km range while the 50,000$+ Kia Soul EV Limited has the 390km range.
Who the hell pays over 50k for a Kia Soul. Got a model 3 on Monday and I'll never buy a gas vehicle again. Never. Once an electric truck comes out my f-150 is getting the boot. Thing feels like the biggest POS now
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
3581 posts
2795 upvotes
Pothole city
Tcalp wrote: The electric range is pretty crap, the 2020 Kia Soul will be $42,595 MSRP before $8,000 in federal/provincial rebates (quebec) with a range of ~390KM per charge, and expect further dealer incentives, so yeah, maybe a few thousand dollars more after discounts/dealer incentives, but jeeze man... no fuel costs (well except our super cheap electric in quebec), no oil changes, filter changes, longer warranty on the majority of the vehicles major components (engine/transmission/etc -- 8 year / 160,000KM) etc.....
Did somebody piss in your Cheerios this morning? Dealer discount on an new EV? loll
Like the Kona you won't get the cheap model until 2021. Almost 2K destination. About 39K after taxes an rebate.
That's 9000$ of gas. I think, I can drive that Fusion for at least 100 000km before I spend that kind of money...
May 14, 2009
1649 posts
19759 upvotes
Sherbrooke
2003fxdl wrote: Who the hell pays over 50k for a Kia Soul. Got a model 3 on Monday and I'll never buy a gas vehicle again. Never. Once an electric truck comes out my f-150 is getting the boot. Thing feels like the biggest POS now
Agreed, at over twice the price of the equivalent gas model just does not make sense. Sadly quite a few people do not take 5 minutes to calculate the real costs. The Tesla is slightly different in the sense that you would have to compare it to an equivalent from the luxury brands. The Kia, Hyundai of this world make it easy since they sell the exact same vehicle in a gas and electric variants so making the calculations are quite simple.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1818 posts
1731 upvotes
2003fxdl wrote: Who the hell pays over 50k for a Kia Soul. Got a model 3 on Monday and I'll never buy a gas vehicle again. Never. Once an electric truck comes out my f-150 is getting the boot. Thing feels like the biggest POS now
I guess I mis-read my understanding of the base / higher trim on KM, but still with the base being 43K less 8K in federal/provincal rebates, that takes it to 35K, push another 3-5K on dealer incentives at different times of year and it becomes pretty affordable.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2004
1052 posts
483 upvotes
I purchased a Fusion Energi Platinum last year. Was always concerned about the small trunk, but, after owning it for a 1.5 year, I'm glad I did. Fold down the seats and long items can pass thru...I've carried 10 pieces of 2"x4"x8' in my car.

And for the RFDers, the last time I put gas in the car was nearly 8 months ago in early January. Since that last gas station stop, I've driven 9000 km and I still have 1/2 tank of gas in the car. So, the minimal amount of power you get from the small battery has allowed me to skip the gas station for quite a while. I'm anticipating that I'll fill up the tank again come next year.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
1649 posts
19759 upvotes
Sherbrooke
growler wrote: I purchased a Fusion Energi Platinum last year. Was always concerned about the small trunk, but, after owning it for a 1.5 year, I'm glad I did. Fold down the seats and long items can pass thru...I've carried 10 pieces of 2"x4"x8' in my car.

And for the RFDers, the last time I put gas in the car was nearly 8 months ago in early January. Since that last gas station stop, I've driven 9000 km and I still have 1/2 tank of gas in the car. So, the minimal amount of power you get from the small battery has allowed me to skip the gas station for quite a while. I'm anticipating that I'll fill up the tank again come next year.
Impressive, I am wondering at what point does the gas get "stale" and cause random issues with the ICE engine.... Almost figure you would want to burn a tank every couple weeks\months... It is possible that I have no idea what I am talking about I honestly do not know if gas does go stale.
Mar 2, 2016
862 posts
1248 upvotes
Toronto
typer100 wrote: Did somebody piss in your Cheerios this morning? Dealer discount on an new EV? loll
Like the Kona you won't get the cheap model until 2021. Almost 2K destination. About 39K after taxes an rebate.
That's 9000$ of gas. I think, I can drive that Fusion for at least 100 000km before I spend that kind of money...
Also, the Kia Soul is just one ugly donkey
Koodo|Fido|Tangerine|EQ|AMEX|Plastiq|eBates|TopCashBack|Mr. Rebates|Great Canadian Rebates|RocketMiles
BRIM|AwardWallet|uber|Lyft|airBNB|uberEats|DoorDash|Skip the Dishes|Ritual
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
3097 posts
2399 upvotes
I got my Clarity with 80kms+ EV range at almost the Exact same cost - 40k+Tax - 13k rebates.

Couldn’t be happier.
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
2064 posts
733 upvotes
Edmonton
growler wrote: I purchased a Fusion Energi Platinum last year. Was always concerned about the small trunk, but, after owning it for a 1.5 year, I'm glad I did. Fold down the seats and long items can pass thru...I've carried 10 pieces of 2"x4"x8' in my car.

Sheesh might wanna put a little stabilizer in that gas. It's been sitting a while Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
R U PACKIN HEAT?
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
4676 posts
1285 upvotes
Hamilton
When you calculate the 'real costs' as people say.
They never include how almost everyone with a full ev has had next to zero maintenance unless it is warranty.
No oil changes. No brake changes (for a very long time) and such.
I drive a pos ford escape 2007.
I spend 400 on gas monthly.
But it's not just the gas. Oil changes. Brakes almost worn out again! (rotors too)
Stuck caliper. (again!)
Cvboot (again!)
Don't get me started on the shocks and rust!

This thing was literally made to deteriorate. No joke. I fully believe they made it piss poor to keep churning $$.
An electric car like a model 3 seems to age so much better and isn't as much of a rust bucket 8yrs later.
So much easier to keep for 10yrs.
So let's say I do keep it 10yrs to break even.
So much more enjoyable and less service trips = priceless.
Time is valuable too.

And one last thing.
Check out the resale on these suckers!
Mar 16, 2008
462 posts
1010 upvotes
I'm at 18000km and I've yet to have an oil change on the Fusion Energi. Brakes should last to a 100k.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2004
1052 posts
483 upvotes
willyfonsworth wrote: Impressive, I am wondering at what point does the gas get "stale" and cause random issues with the ICE engine.... Almost figure you would want to burn a tank every couple weeks\months... It is possible that I have no idea what I am talking about I honestly do not know if gas does go stale.
The vehicle will automatically use the ICE if no gas is added to the tank in one year.

About a month ago I had a couple 100 km one way runs to do on highways climbing with a couple of elevation gain of 500 - 700 feet. Engine ran and sounded normally and because it will default to running in hybrid mode, engine stops and starts. It did so as smoothly as it always does. So, if there is a fuel degradation issue causing performance issues, I didn't notice anything.

I plan to do the same run later in November so I'll pay attention to determine if there is any performance or running issue.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2004
1052 posts
483 upvotes
ChrisR wrote: I'm at 18000km and I've yet to have an oil change on the Fusion Energi. Brakes should last to a 100k.
According to the maintenance manual, first service is at 32000 km or two years or if the vehicle indicates to take it into service. I'm guessing that if you're using electric most of the time (my current mileage is indicated at 0.2 litre/100 km), it'll be 2 years or 32000 km before you need to take it into service.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2003
1015 posts
448 upvotes
They need to put fast charging on this thing...
Salesperson
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2007
1272 posts
1017 upvotes
growler wrote: And for the RFDers, the last time I put gas in the car was nearly 8 months ago in early January. Since that last gas station stop, I've driven 9000 km and I still have 1/2 tank of gas in the car. So, the minimal amount of power you get from the small battery has allowed me to skip the gas station for quite a while. I'm anticipating that I'll fill up the tank again come next year.
Interesting. Ford Mondeos are one my favourite cars. This concept was what was powering the Fiskar Karma (diesel electric instead of gas electric). Such a nice car but terribly marketed. Also they used this same tech in THE MIGHTY HAMMERHEAD EAGLE i-THRUST.
Jun 27, 2011
336 posts
528 upvotes
MONTRÉAL
Same thing here... got a Tesla Model 3 as well and never going back.
The value is insane when you look at total cost ownership. For my use, the TCO is on par with a Honda Accord on a 6 years period without even factoring in maintenance and increasing gas prices. Plus, i get to roll in a luxury class car without polluting
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2004
7009 posts
6859 upvotes
Ottawa
ChunkAhoy wrote: Same thing here... got a Tesla Model 3 as well and never going back.
The value is insane when you look at total cost ownership. For my use, the TCO is on par with a Honda Accord on a 6 years period without even factoring in maintenance and increasing gas prices. Plus, i get to roll in a luxury class car without polluting
LR or SR+?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)