Hot Deals

[Ford] 2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 502A - <$95/Week Lease

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2021 1:01 am
Nov 18, 2013
132 posts
141 upvotes
Calgary
There is no way a dealership is only making a few grand per sale, if they are not making 30-40% then this is a very dangerous business model. They may only make a grand or two if they were to sell one or two per year. They have certain sales targets and once reach the amount rises, hence why in fall there are loads being sold because they have been pre bought to hit the final target and then they are making 10000+ per vehicle. Don’t be brain washed into thinking they are making a grand or two profit per vehicle.... if they are they should stop selling cars!
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2008
1211 posts
1119 upvotes
Toronto - Markham/Sc…
Tanooki wrote: Where did I ask for anyone to feel sorry for us? Obviously it's everyone's right to shop around for the best deal for them. But if you keep expecting to drop the price your order will go to the back of the queue.

Where am I taking extra money from people when the vehicle has an MSRP and a customer feels the VALUE is there for him/her at that price? Do you go to a grocery store and expect them to give you cost on everything?
I think the bigger problem is that the car sales industry has set itself up for the incessant haggling and customer apprehension that's present in today's world.

I personally had an issue with Gallinger Ford where they charged me $500 deposit BEFORE I even got a chance to look at any numbers. I specifically asked the sales manager not to charge the card until he shows me some numbers but he went ahead and charged it anyways. Then when I got the BOS if had a $395 documentation fee (even though everything was digitally sent), a $300 nitrogen fee and a $105 wheel lock fee. When I asked about those fees and asked to have them removed they lied to me and told me it wasn't possible since the trucks come from factory with wheel locks and that the nitrogen and documents fee were mandatory.

So I went elsewhere and when I asked them to refund me the deposit they refused. Stating the truck was already ordered. Nothing was signed, financing was not done, but apparently the truck was ordered and on the way. That just leaves a really bad taste in customers mouths. Now they've not only lost a customer, I'm now posting this bad experience on probably the number one deals site in Canada. They won't see the impact right away, but keep it up and you lose more customers, then you have to become more scummy to make up for the loss, it just such a vicious cycle.

These charges are outrageous and must customers don't know this. They just go ahead and pay. But the ones who can negotiate can get thousands of dollars in fees and bullsh*t charges removed.

If you want to use the supermarket example there should be some sort of standardization in the industry but there just isn't. Even with omvic rules for all in pricing the majority of dealers will try to nickle and dime customer with obscene, fictitious fees.

If the supermarkets said "there is documentation fee of $20 for each transaction a customer made, for sure you'd get people arguing and haggling. What other industry do you know that charges $400 to provide the customer with an invoice and transaction details of a sale?

Standard operating procedure for many dealerships is: "every customer is a chump. So go forth and screw them over as hard as you can."
Apr 2, 2013
17 posts
45 upvotes
At the end of the day the dealership decides what price they want to transact at for a new car. The manufactures have created this culture of employee pricing and 25% off MSRP where the consumer expects and demands a discount. That discount is subjective based on your negotiating skills which I think is not fair. Only senior level executives at the top really know the secret sauce of profit margins for new cars and I’m sure there is many variables in play that the average joe won’t ever know.
Oct 13, 2009
352 posts
205 upvotes
amkorp wrote: I think the bigger problem is that the car sales industry has set itself up for the incessant haggling and customer apprehension that's present in today's world.

I personally had an issue with Gallinger Ford where they charged me $500 deposit BEFORE I even got a chance to look at any numbers. I specifically asked the sales manager not to charge the card until he shows me some numbers but he went ahead and charged it anyways. Then when I got the BOS if had a $395 documentation fee (even though everything was digitally sent), a $300 nitrogen fee and a $105 wheel lock fee. When I asked about those fees and asked to have them removed they lied to me and told me it wasn't possible since the trucks come from factory with wheel locks and that the nitrogen and documents fee were mandatory.

So I went elsewhere and when I asked them to refund me the deposit they refused. Stating the truck was already ordered. Nothing was signed, financing was not done, but apparently the truck was ordered and on the way. That just leaves a really bad taste in customers mouths. Now they've not only lost a customer, I'm now posting this bad experience on probably the number one deals site in Canada. They won't see the impact right away, but keep it up and you lose more customers, then you have to become more scummy to make up for the loss, it just such a vicious cycle.

These charges are outrageous and must customers don't know this. They just go ahead and pay. But the ones who can negotiate can get thousands of dollars in fees and bullsh*t charges removed.

If you want to use the supermarket example there should be some sort of standardization in the industry but there just isn't. Even with omvic rules for all in pricing the majority of dealers will try to nickle and dime customer with obscene, fictitious fees.

If the supermarkets said "there is documentation fee of $20 for each transaction a customer made, for sure you'd get people arguing and haggling. What other industry do you know that charges $400 to provide the customer with an invoice and transaction details of a sale?

Standard operating procedure for many dealerships is: "every customer is a chump. So go forth and screw them over as hard as you can."
I'm not speaking on behalf of every dealership, but there was a reason OP had said to be careful of Gallinger. For what it is lets leave the back and forth out of this thread.
Jan 3, 2021
5 posts
10 upvotes
Several RFD members have booked their F150 already. It would be great if someone can summarize how many F150s were booked from which dealership? That way at least we can know from the members that which dealership is offering aggressive price and which dealership is actually closing the deal.

My friend who's dealing with someone at the dealership shared me a sales pitch from Yonge Steeles Ford this morning.

Here's the link to that page: ARE YOU PLANNING TO LEASE A 2021 F150?

Nov 17, 2010
193 posts
155 upvotes
I just finalized with @Tanooki at Planet Ford. I went in and checked things out on-site and he was quite helpful and willing to work with my changing requirements. Just finished with the deposit today. I would recommend anyone considering this deal to reach out as it always helps to support one of our own. His contributions to this thread have been accurate and not sales BS as well.
Last edited by tr0ck on Jan 13th, 2021 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 24, 2003
683 posts
43 upvotes
Just to get on topic again - color preferences?

If I lease outside of my area, what challenges do I face? - example; returning the lease, dealing with a dealer not local, etc.

I'm still looking at heading outside the Okanagan.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2706 posts
1229 upvotes
Calgary
Can we try and stay on track with deals on this. Two weeks or so left in the month.

Reason this thread is so busy is because people who are aware of how leasing works know this is a deal. This is equivalent to leasing a basic corolla or civic for 24 months. Let's try to help out as many folks as we can who want to get in on this...
Nov 6, 2018
1 posts
That's not at all how dealerships or the auto industry works. Dealership markups on new inventory varies typically between 6 - 10%. Dealerships are able to (and usually do) sell new cars at a loss. New car sales are considered loss leaders. Dealers are able to do this because the more significant revenue generation is through parts & services, add-on accessories, and warranties.
Dec 11, 2009
638 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hey guys, I want to update everyone on my dealings with East Ford.

I originally got the lease early on in the thread (I think I signed on Jan 2nd) and my deal was the standard $95 weekly. After that the better deals started to show up and I called the Salesman at East Court to see if he would re-do it for me. He said he would, a week passed and I thought he was ghosting me, but he ended up doing it. I asked him to do the prepaid lease that @wmahmud which was 12K all in with the upgrades.

He got back to me and said that he found that deal but it was actually $12,800 all in and not $12K. So I ended up getting the following:

Lariat 502A
FX4 package
20,000km per year
20" wheel
B&O Unleashed Sound upgrade

All for ~$12,800 prepaid.

I dealt with Asim (416)459-8262
Dec 10, 2005
542 posts
199 upvotes
16000 km/year - so you are buying an F150 for the occasional grocery trip? This post is nothing but a thinly veiled advertisement.
Nov 16, 2020
9 posts
20 upvotes
Lewiejames wrote: There is no way a dealership is only making a few grand per sale, if they are not making 30-40% then this is a very dangerous business model.
They are definitely not making 30-40% per sale. That is a ridiculously high assumption.
Feb 25, 2003
432 posts
229 upvotes
Vancouver
tr0ck wrote: I just finalized with @Tanooki at Planet Ford. I went in and checked things out on-site and he was quite helpful and willing to work with my changing requirements. Just finished with the deposit today. I would recommend anyone considering this deal to reach out as it always helps to support one of our own. His contributions to this thread have been accurate and not sales BS as well.
Can you post your lease details for us to compare?
Nov 16, 2020
9 posts
20 upvotes
vortex240 wrote: 16000 km/year - so you are buying an F150 for the occasional grocery trip? This post is nothing but a thinly veiled advertisement.
16000 is good for just over 300km a week. I think you would be surprised how many people this would work for.
Jun 6, 2018
224 posts
264 upvotes
HandsomeDad wrote: They are definitely not making 30-40% per sale. That is a ridiculously high assumption.
There is no way they are making a few grand per sale on this deal. 30-40% you really think that is possible lol
Mar 20, 2017
261 posts
548 upvotes
vortex240 wrote: 16000 km/year - so you are buying an F150 for the occasional grocery trip? This post is nothing but a thinly veiled advertisement.
Not all of us live in the commuting towns outside th GTA. My daily commute is 5 kms each way.
Dec 2, 2006
306 posts
160 upvotes
Ottawa
Lewiejames wrote: There is no way a dealership is only making a few grand per sale, if they are not making 30-40% then this is a very dangerous business model. They may only make a grand or two if they were to sell one or two per year. They have certain sales targets and once reach the amount rises, hence why in fall there are loads being sold because they have been pre bought to hit the final target and then they are making 10000+ per vehicle. Don’t be brain washed into thinking they are making a grand or two profit per vehicle.... if they are they should stop selling cars!
You don't have a clue on what you are talking about. You should keep those false statements to yourself.
Nov 16, 2020
9 posts
20 upvotes
captainjay09 wrote: There is no way they are making a few grand per sale on this deal. 30-40% you really think that is possible lol
Not sure why you quoted me here. I absolutely do not think 30-40% per sale is possible. Not even remotely close.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
1905 posts
1310 upvotes
Lewiejames wrote: There is no way a dealership is only making a few grand per sale, if they are not making 30-40% then this is a very dangerous business model. They may only make a grand or two if they were to sell one or two per year. They have certain sales targets and once reach the amount rises, hence why in fall there are loads being sold because they have been pre bought to hit the final target and then they are making 10000+ per vehicle. Don’t be brain washed into thinking they are making a grand or two profit per vehicle.... if they are they should stop selling cars!
Do you seriously believe this or are you exaggerating to make a point?
If the former... :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3288 posts
949 upvotes
Toronto
MoreDealsPlease wrote: Hey guys, I want to update everyone on my dealings with East Ford.

I originally got the lease early on in the thread (I think I signed on Jan 2nd) and my deal was the standard $95 weekly. After that the better deals started to show up and I called the Salesman at East Court to see if he would re-do it for me. He said he would, a week passed and I thought he was ghosting me, but he ended up doing it. I asked him to do the prepaid lease that @wmahmud which was 12K all in with the upgrades.

He got back to me and said that he found that deal but it was actually $12,800 all in and not $12K. So I ended up getting the following:

Lariat 502A
FX4 package
20,000km per year
20" wheel
B&O Unleashed Sound upgrade

All for ~$12,800 prepaid.

I dealt with Asim (416)459-8262
100% a lie - it was $12k all in pre-paid, $800 extra was what was charged for the trunk bed cover and spray-in liner together

Told you talk to Sammy - he would have took care of you 100% as he did for a few others :)

Thread Information

There are currently 30 users viewing this thread. (21 members and 9 guests)

InfernalMajesty, nxkev, rcik, skeletorrrrr, teletuballer, parharhs, yugo, r-ice, ecgz88, tr0ck, PannTher, Eimana, Ron, Rawket, hogujak, Alkoholik, wheeled, saulin, rdangela, denrod, wmahmud