Hot Deals

[Ford] 2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 502A - <$95/Week Lease

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2021 1:51 am
Nov 16, 2020
9 posts
20 upvotes
I'd like to thank everyone for contributing to this thread and to OP for bringing it to light. I definitely was not thinking of trading in my 2 year old 18' f150 302a, but with 5 years left on the financing, switching to a lease will get me out of the payment in 2 less years.

I ordered a 502a sport in space white. 3 year w/ 20k km/yr No other upgrades. I'm coming from a 302a so pretty much everything is an upgrade already. I won't get into specifics of my deal because it varies greatly from what other folks are posting. Essentially, even with my negative trade equity in my current truck factored in, I was able to get into this new truck for the same payment as my old truck, and be done with it in 3 years as opposed to 5. This particular circumstance works for me. It may sound crazy to others.

Thank you Tanooki and blacktree211 for answering some questions for me. I'm not all that close to either of their dealerships, and was able to make this happen at a dealership just north of Barrie. I can't comment on whether they can compete with the specifics of the deal being discussed in this thread, but I know I got a good deal. Having already purchased 3 f150's from them probably helped too.

Thanks again everyone for all details provided. I consider myself a patient man, but this is going to be a tough wait.
Dec 11, 2009
638 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto, ON
wmahmud wrote: 100% a lie - it was $12k all in pre-paid, $800 extra was what was charged for the trunk bed cover and spray-in liner together

Told you talk to Sammy - he would have took care of you 100% as he did for a few others :)
So you did pay $12800 with the bed cover and spay-in liner.... I believe mine has that stuff as well since it was in the original deal.

As I said, I had already signed a bill of sale on jan 2 for the previous deal when the rate was 3.99% and was already dealing with Asim. At that point it would be a bad move to call another salesman.
Nov 15, 2017
315 posts
618 upvotes
WEST CANADA
vortex240 wrote: 16000 km/year - so you are buying an F150 for the occasional grocery trip? This post is nothing but a thinly veiled advertisement.
16K kms per year is 43 km per day for 7 days a weeks. At an urban setting you would travel approximately 43 km/h so basically you would sit in that vehicle 1 hour per day. At 10L/100KM and at $1 per L, you would spend $1600 on gasoline per year. If the lease costs $12K per 2 year term then the daily costs would be $18.46. In essence this vehicle costs $18.46 per hour plus $4.38 of gasoline per hour, so the total would be $22.84 per hour of use.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5586 posts
1249 upvotes
vortex240 wrote: 16000 km/year - so you are buying an F150 for the occasional grocery trip? This post is nothing but a thinly veiled advertisement.
not everyone here lives in the sticks or is an uber driver

16000 km a year is over 40km a day
Nov 24, 2019
278 posts
397 upvotes
Saskatoon
Lewiejames wrote: There is no way a dealership is only making a few grand per sale, if they are not making 30-40% then this is a very dangerous business model. They may only make a grand or two if they were to sell one or two per year. They have certain sales targets and once reach the amount rises, hence why in fall there are loads being sold because they have been pre bought to hit the final target and then they are making 10000+ per vehicle. Don’t be brain washed into thinking they are making a grand or two profit per vehicle.... if they are they should stop selling cars!
You're way out to lunch on this, plain and simple. And the arrogance you show while not having any idea what you're talking about is what causes most of the needless hate of car dealers. The dealers in this post are sacrificing 80-90% of their profit margin to make the payments work that you see posted. For high volume dealers that want to move a lot of units they plan around that sort of thing and will get bonuses to make some of it back up. Smaller dealers won't want to touch this deal because they'd be wasting a lot of time getting nickel and dimed for almost no profit.

I don't know why so many people can't grasp this, but Ford - the company that builds the vehicle, and the the dealer you talk to - who sells you the vehicle, are NOT the same company. Profits aren't shared between the two.
Nov 17, 2010
193 posts
156 upvotes
My situation is not standard since I am trading in a vehicle and prepaying up front but here are some general specs. You will not get this rate divided by 52 bi-weekly payments because the lease rate for up front is lower (1.39%) vs bi-weekly payments (2.99%).

-F150 Lariat
-502a
-20 inch tires
-FX4
-B&O upgraded sound
-360 camera
-sport package
-20,000 km/yr
-drop in bedliner
-hard tonneau cover
- floor mats
-wear care ($950)
-$14205 including tax and all fees up front ($1k deposit and remainder due on delivery)
vancitydude wrote: Can you post your lease details for us to compare?
Mar 7, 2011
202 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
Just put a deposit down for:

F-150 Lariat
2.7L eco
502a
FX4
20" black rims
B&O unleashed
16,000km
Tray floor mats

$91/wk + $1999 + HST. If anyone is getting better than that please let me know! Was told late April for delivery.

Thanks OP!!!
Dec 10, 2005
542 posts
199 upvotes
milolai wrote: not everyone here lives in the sticks or is an uber driver

16000 km a year is over 40km a day
Yeah! - that gives you only 20km one way for a commute... do you realize that?

Anyone that actually NEEDS a full size pickup will want more than just a less than 20km radius, to operate in. If you live even just slightly north of GTA, that is nowhere close to enough. If you use it for business use, you are most likely to put 3x that km a day.

Ohh, let me guess you really NEED a full size truck for a ocasional grocery run in the surbs? - Great! ..this is a deal for you! Sign here________
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7461 posts
689 upvotes
Toronto
RRRhaire wrote: Just put a deposit down for:

F-150 Lariat
2.7L eco
502a
FX4
20" black rims
B&O unleashed
16,000km
Tray floor mats

$91/wk + $1999 + HST. If anyone is getting better than that please let me know! Was told late April for delivery.

Thanks OP!!!
Post the dealership please.
Dec 9, 2007
563 posts
267 upvotes
vortex240 wrote: Yeah! - that gives you only 20km one way for a commute... do you realize that?

Anyone that actually NEEDS a full size pickup will want more than just a less than 20km radius, to operate in. If you live even just slightly north of GTA, that is nowhere close to enough. If you use it for business use, you are most likely to put 3x that km a day.

Ohh, let me guess you really NEED a full size truck for a ocasional grocery run in the surbs? - Great! ..this is a deal for you! Sign here________

It would be about 30km one way, 5days a week, assuming you work for the next 2 years(32,000km) without any vacation....

This deal is hot for me, I guess...Maybe cold for you
[OP]
Jun 11, 2017
196 posts
479 upvotes
I'll try and get around to updated the OP at some point this evening, swamped with work/personal life right now.

Glad people are posting their numbers and dealership experiences so others can benefit from them.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3288 posts
949 upvotes
Toronto
MoreDealsPlease wrote: So you did pay $12800 with the bed cover and spay-in liner.... I believe mine has that stuff as well since it was in the original deal.

As I said, I had already signed a bill of sale on jan 2 for the previous deal when the rate was 3.99% and was already dealing with Asim. At that point it would be a bad move to call another salesman.
correct - if you got $12800 with all that, its same deal
Sep 3, 2006
533 posts
140 upvotes
GTA Ontario
===============================================================================
Hi,
about the milage, that milage I am having for last 27 years, including weekends going out for long trips (up to 300 to 500 km on average, summer time). IMOO, I am driving a lot; all my trips are not business related. So given number of 16 k a year, is okay to small to an average usage: well it is 44 km a day x 365 days in a year.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
2938 posts
1104 upvotes
Lethbridge
vortex240 wrote: Ohh, let me guess you really NEED a full size truck for a ocasional grocery run in the surbs? - Great! ..this is a deal for you! Sign here________
No different than all the soccer moms driving around in their giant SUVs.

Me & the wife WANT a truck despite using it for dropping kids off at school and the occasional grocery trip because: 1. It's twice as roomy 2. Has the bed for hauling the odd Costco/yard or renovation project 3. Can tow the in-laws trailer for the ONCE a year camping trip. 4. Sit up higher on the road so we can look down on people like yourself.

Plus for $500/m (let's leave lease vs finance out of this for right now or how silly we are for wasting money on such a purchase) your alternative choices for similar payments are a poorly equipped Camry or a well equipped Corolla.
Jul 29, 2017
18 posts
15 upvotes
The op should update the original post with the right amount for additional equipment. The example cost shown is weekly, not monthly. Below is the text I am referring to. Thanks!

What would options do to the price of my lease? For this particular deal (24 months, 16,000km) a good estimate is to just take the MSRP of the option off the Ford Build and Price tool, multiply it by .32, and then divide by 104 payments to see how much it would add (or subtract) from the weekly cost of the truck. Tax and interest would be on top of that. Exceptions here are choosing a different engine or the combination of the FX4 and 20" wheel combo. Options create a larger spread between the MSRP and the residual and make the deal less advantageous.

A couple examples:

Rapid Red Metallic ($450) $1.32 a month
360 Degree Camera ($850) $2.62 a month
Twin Panel Moonroof ($1750) $5.38 a month
Oct 13, 2009
352 posts
205 upvotes
stocovick wrote: The op should update the original post with the right amount for additional equipment. The example cost shown is weekly, not monthly. Below is the text I am referring to. Thanks!

What would options do to the price of my lease? For this particular deal (24 months, 16,000km) a good estimate is to just take the MSRP of the option off the Ford Build and Price tool, multiply it by .32, and then divide by 104 payments to see how much it would add (or subtract) from the weekly cost of the truck. Tax and interest would be on top of that. Exceptions here are choosing a different engine or the combination of the FX4 and 20" wheel combo. Options create a larger spread between the MSRP and the residual and make the deal less advantageous.

A couple examples:

Rapid Red Metallic ($450) $1.32 a month weekly
360 Degree Camera ($850) $2.62 a month weekly
Twin Panel Moonroof ($1750) $5.38 a month weekly
No need to put a list of every option price. People on here can easily multiply by .32 then divide by 104 based on all the options they want.
Jul 29, 2017
18 posts
15 upvotes
Tanooki wrote: No need to put a list of every option price. People on here can easily multiply by .32 then divide by 104 based on all the options they want.
Yeah for sure, I wasn't saying we should have a list for every option, just that the information on the first page was wrong and those were weekly not monthly numbers.
Dec 13, 2006
51 posts
7 upvotes
dealerships also bank on you coming in for service, where they make money as well, whether it's on warranty or just oil changes and brakes.
Crazy Shopper
Dec 9, 2007
563 posts
267 upvotes
Tanooki wrote: No need to put a list of every option price. People on here can easily multiply by .32 then divide by 104 based on all the options they want.
So if I pay the lease upfront of $11,548.44 and get $3000 worth of upgrades, would I take the $3000 x .32 = equals $960

$11,548 plus $960 is $12,508 total, includes fees,taxes, interest, other charges,etc.. or do you calculate it differently cause its being paid upfront, therefore you wouldn't pay interest on the upgrades.

Not sure how it works

Thread Information

There are currently 14 users viewing this thread. (9 members and 5 guests)

Giorgiodethrifty, charlie3133, heejai, FlyingAves, samsamtheman, blueworm123, blind56, lokilo, Zteven